Sign in to follow this  
nichevo

[SP/CO 09] Escape Drakontas

Co-operative defense mission for 1 to 9 players. Designed for multi-player, works in single-player.

A small NATO team must hold off insurgents until escape is possible

Escape_Drakontas.Altis_002.jpg

Mission Features

• Requires no addons.
  • Join-in-progress compatible.
  • Respawn enabled (multiplayer only). Choose to respawn at one of three points.
  • Fight of waves of randomised enemy infantry, with the waves slowly increasing in frequency as the mission progresses. Watch out for the occasional motorised unit!
  • Enemy squad sizes are random, but depend on the number of players. More players equals more enemies.
  • Adjust enemy squad sizes and enemy skill with multiplayer parameters.
    • Squad sizes can be cranked up to ridiculous levels.
    • Having performance trouble with so many soldiers? Lower the enemy count but increase skill for a leaner, meaner game.

[*]Enemy artillery will use smoke shells to hamper your vision.

[*]Change mission timings with multiplayer parameters. Change the time you have to prepare, and the time you have to hold out for. Make it anything from a ten-minute "quickie" to an hour-long marathon.

[*]Virtual Ammobox System at all spawns. But don't expect easy-mode carte blanche, the better equipment isn't limitless.

[*]Set up mortars, machine guns and sniper nests. But choose wisely -- this equipment is limited.

[*]Create minefields to stop the enemy. A vehicle loaded with mines will save you from long treks to and from the ammo crates.

[*]Corpse clean-up will remove the bodies of your enemies to keep the server running smooth.

• Or, if you like to see a littered battlefield, this feature can be disabled (multiplayer only).

[*]The mission can be won if just a single player escapes, but a bonus objective exists if you can get everyone to safety (multiplayer only).

Download

Download

For more of my missions, please click here.

Edited by nichevo

Hi nichevo,

I played this mission last night. But there seems to be a bug or something.

Parameter was set at rookies AI, 15 minutes to gear up and 30 minutes of defend. Daytime with fog.

Everything was going smoothly. set up some mines and get to out defending positions.

The enemies started attacking, only 2-3 enemies squad came to get us which is eliminated in ~5 minutes.

After that, there are only defending time left and smoke incoming notifications.

No other enemies come to attack us anymore, not event when the boat is repaired.

And when we get to the extraction point, the missions doesn't end as well.

But there seems to be a bug or something.

Thanks for posting.

The problem with the mission extraction might be that you didn't drive far enough out to sea. But given that the enemies stopped spawning I think something more serious is wrong.

I've played the mission myself multiplayer, so I know it works for me, but obviously it didn't work for you so I'm wondering what might be different.

Were you playing on a dedicated server? Did any players join or leave at around the time the mission broke?

yep, we did drive away around 200-300m before going back to the last objective marking.

and yes, there are player joining but only after the enemy stopped attacking.

not on a dedicated server.

i really like your mission though. the fog at dawn, initial view distance makes it intense.

Edited by ziant

Glad you like it. :)

Thanks for providing feedback. I don't know what the problem is (yet) but stories like yours are pieces to the puzzle.

i think i'll try the missions again so i can provide better feedback.

who knows it goes smoothly on second try.

Installed it tonight on the CiA coop server (dedicated). No enemy ever come. Any chance for a fix?

Tried it in SP and had some fun with this mission, but since half my squad does not follow me into the rocks and up the hill, it could not be beaten. Possibly not really suited to SP due to the terrain used.