Sign in to follow this  
florianmuellerch

Difference of BinPBO File vs. ingame generated PBO file

Hi guys

I am trying to automate the process of sending my edited map to my server. For this purpose, I am trying to automatically generate the PBO file for multiplayer.

Now, if I save the PBO file from the mission editor (Save as multiplayer mission), everything works perfectly. But when I try to make this PBO using binPBO, it won't work (some strange error messages appear on the server). The MD5 Checksum is also different.

Now the simple question to not go very deep into the tool: How do I have to call BinPBO exactly to achieve exactly the same effect (PBO File) as from ingame editor?

Thank you for your help!

Florian

do you binarize it with BinPBO?

as far as i know, binarized missions don't work.

I just call the BinPBO like "BinPBO.exe mymap destination_directory".

As far as I know it should not get binarized when I do not specify -BINARIZE.... or not?

i don't really know, if the general BinPBO settings apply directly to the "run" interface, perhaps you could open it, make sure that the "binarize" field is unchecked and run it again...

Doesn't seem to work properly... If I click Pack, it asks me wether to continue because the source path has spaces in it. When I press OK, nothing happens...

Does anyone have experience using the BinPBO?

BinPBO is called Addonbuilder now and is actually the gui for the tools afaik.

You can simply use Filebank for this job, at least that works for me.

You can get all the info you need in the Wiki and use the new A3 Tools.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Arma_3_Official_Tools

Example of how i use it for testing:

FileBank.exe "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\ATSCHE\missions\legos.sat_practa"

But you can add more options to it.

I suggest you take a look at mikeros dos tools, as they are more flexible and easyer to handle.

Edited by Atsche