Sign in to follow this  
crassus

Slow Walk Version 2: Is There A Way to Change the Default

Smookie, could the same method used for jogging and combat jog pace be usable for walking animations?

There are currently only one walking animation, even if the combat jog is toggled.

This is how jogging currently works:

Pace 1, Jogging, Weapons lowered, Combat pace disabled, Rifle in right hand lowered.

Pace 2, Jogging, Weapons lowered, Combat pace enabled, Rifle in both hands lowered.

Pace 3, Jogging, Weapons raised, Combat pace disabled, Rifle in both hands raised.

Pace 4, Jogging, Weapons raised, Combat pace enabled, Rifle in both hands shouldered. (Rifle shouldered, ready to fire)

This is how walking currently works:

Pace 1, Walking, Weapons lowered, Combat pace indifferent, Rifle in right hand lowered. (Walk animation V1, aka swag walk)

Pace 2, Walking, Weapons raised, Combat pace indifferent, Rifle in both hands shouldered. (Rifle shouldered, ready to fire)

Evidently, there is currently a lack of animations for the slower, walking animations when compared to jogging animations as shown above. It makes it really hard to keep track of if you're still in combat pace or not after having your rifle lowered for some time. If the walk anim changed depending on that, it'd be more visually apealing to most and probably a lot easier to keep track of what mode the character is in.

Could walking in theory be made something like this?

Pace 1, Walking, Weapons lowered, Combat pace disabled, Rifle in right hand lowered. (Walk animation V1, aka swag walk)

Pace 2, Walking, Weapons lowered, Combat pace enabled, Rifle in both hands lowered. (Walk animation V2)

Pace 3, Walking, Weapons raised, Combat pace disabled, Rifle in both hands raised. (Walk animation V3)

Pace 4, Walking, Weapons raised, Combat pace enabled, Rifle in both hands shouldered. (Rifle shouldered, ready to fire)

I tried to type this out as simple as possible, but it is rather complicated to describe exactly what I mean. Correct me if I'm wrong on anything here. I also sense that these animations might already be made for something like this since they are there to begin with :D

Edited by AlexVestin

Denco, where you able to figure out how to swap to the other version of the patrol walk in BogatyrVoss's addon? I was expecting to see a _v3 next to it, but don't seem to.

Denco, where you able to figure out how to swap to the other version of the patrol walk in BogatyrVoss's addon? I was expecting to see a _v3 next to it, but don't seem to.

Sadly no, I got lost searching trough the file and I'm currently a bit short on time. I might try again in the very near future if someone doesn't beat me to it :)

Sadly no, I got lost searching trough the file and I'm currently a bit short on time. I might try again in the very near future if someone doesn't beat me to it :)

My a stroke of luck, I found and changed it. I even dropped the speed of it too for personal taste. You can find the entry here:

class AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf : AmovPercMstpSlowWrflDnon {

variantsPlayer[] = {};

leftHandIKCurve[] = {0};

file = "\A3\anims_f\Data\Anim\Sdr\Mov\Erc\Wlk\Low\Rfl\AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_ver2";

My a stroke of luck, I found and changed it. I even dropped the speed of it too for personal taste. You can find the entry here:

Good find thx, will try it as soon as I find the time.

@AlexVestin

Please use feedback tracker and make a request/send ticket address to me. It seems like programming issue, not related to animations.

@Smookie

No, not an issue. Just a thought/suggestion that expands on what is already working 100% in the game.

The jog/run movements with a rifle utilize all of the animations correctly. I do not know how the whole process goes, but you are doing the mocap, correct? :)

I am hoping to make less-badass movement in all directions if I get a green light.

Like you said here. Currently there is only the 'badass' walk-animation for all directions of movement. But there are other walk-animations available (V2,V3) that needs the full set of directions to be complete.

Those extra walk-animations (if completed) could be made working perfectly with the way you can raise your rifle, go into combat pace etc. Just like the current jogging animations work right now. I'll make a ticket about it :)

/edit

This is also the solution to the "Low-Ready" discussion, and the ones about players always pointing their guns at eachother.

Here's a ticket about it: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16827

Edited by AlexVestin

It seems since the last couple updates, when you walk WITHOUT a weapon, it looks unnaturally fast and awkward-looking. Anyone else have this problem? I remember earlier in the year if you walked without a weapon it would be a natural slow movement. No I dont have my aim toggle on as everyone in my unit says the same thing about the walking animations. It's annoying....

Please and thanks guys :)

Could the current walk be linked to the "careless" waypoint option and then the other more alert looking walk be used for "aware", the current walk looks fine in a big secure base area but looks odd when you're on patrol in enemy territory but don't want your weapon up.