Sign in to follow this  
crassus

Slow Walk Version 2: Is There A Way to Change the Default

Apologies if this has already been asked.

I was clicking through the Splendid Animation Viewer and hit upon AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflOf_ver2. Has anyone been able to, at least for their own use in SP missions, been able to make this the default slow walk anim?

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4987/h431.png (629 kB)

Edited by Crassus

Wouldn't be possible with just a mission file without extensive scripting, however making a mod would be quite easy, animations essentially haven't changed their implementation since OFP so an edit of the config files would suffice.

so basically find a way to open the config files (I've only done this for OFP, not much experience in how to do that with Arma) and do a search for the name of the anims you want to change, once found you should just be able to switch their target directly to the animation you fancy and presto.

Maybe you should look at the Mod that was released a while back that changed the default jog to something more realistic (people generally don't keep their arms up when moving) open the files (might need his permission) and go about changing it that way?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23337

(I also was looking at those animations and scratching my head as to why they're not in-game already, maybe the Devs wanted to put more variation into their soldiers? I remember a mod for OFP did that, so that all soldiers didn't look the same, it's really easy to do as well, just time-consuming...)

Edited by Birdy890

Thanks, Birdy. Actually I stumbled on that mod not too long after I posted the question. </facepalm>

I see that BogatyrVoss chose version 3 of the walk animation rather than version 2. I'm having to re-learn how to open .pbo's--I haven't done any of that since OFP--so I can edit the config.

It would be really cool for each player to choose their own walk style. I'm not really a fan of the current slow walk.

I really don't like the current relaxed walking. The poor guys look like they are constipated or something. I would prefer the animation from ARMA 2.

I really don't like the current relaxed walking. The poor guys look like they are constipated or something. I would prefer the animation from ARMA 2.

They probably just used this guy for mocap.:-D

Blackwater.jpg

To be honest, this shouldn't be that hard. When Arma 3 Alpha was first released, you would randomly switch between these two walking modes, therefore, BI might have the script somewhere.

The slow walk is cool. So cool in fact that I've adopted it around the office. Sure, I gets looks - but I know it's because jealous onlookers think I'm a total beefcake with biceps so large that I couldn't hold my arms closer to my torso even if I wanted to.... The swagger is totally justified, especially in-game where I'm even more awesome (along with every other player,. of course).

The slow walk is cool. So cool in fact that I've adopted it around the office. Sure, I gets looks - but I know it's because jealous onlookers think I'm a total beefcake with biceps so large that I couldn't hold my arms closer to my torso even if I wanted to.... The swagger is totally justified, especially in-game where I'm even more awesome (along with every other player,. of course).

Lol, so true.

there are several different walks. i have already spotted 2 distinctive ones. there's also a relaxed walk you can find in animation viewer. this screenshot shows how the arm is more loose and body more supple

i.imgurdotcom/sXJCs4m.jpg

I am hoping to make less-badass movement in all directions if I get a green light.

I am hoping to make less-badass movement in all directions if I get a green light.

That would be so awesome :)

I'm sharing those thoughts.Or at least go for more options (in case is doable and fast to implement)

That would be cool. The badass way is...well badass.. but it gets less badass if everyone is using it to the point where it just looks a little bit silly. It would be nice to keep it for cutscenes though.

35581-Traffic-light-drawing.jpg

Yeah, a random chance would be the best

Better yet allow us to toggle it with the C ( change speed pace ) button.

Better yet allow us to toggle it with the C ( change speed pace ) button.

C is already used to toggle combat pace, so that wouldn't work. Either have it happen randomly or let it be chosen by each user in their profile.

random chance is the best. i don't want to get stuck with either walk. do people really only have one walk? no, sometimes they'remore relaxed, sometimes more tense.

C is already used to toggle combat pace, so that wouldn't work. Either have it happen randomly or let it be chosen by each user in their profile.

I know it is but it does nothing when you are walking. I'm pretty sure it could be used to change the animation and keep the same speed when someone is walking but then again I could be totally wrong.

Yes, but what Denco is saying is that the Combat Space doesn't apply when you are walking. It only changes your weapon's position when you are jogging/running.

Yes, but what Denco is saying is that the Combat Space doesn't apply when you are walking. It only changes your weapon's position when you are jogging/running.

This.

Maybe you could move a bit faster, have your weapon more "Ready", and be more tense when you hit the Combat Stance key while walking with your weapon lowered? Then if you want to keep your weapon down to avoid aiming at friendlies or flagging your weapon around corners, you could do that, but you would still be ready to quickly raise it and shoot. That's what I felt was missing from ARMA2's lower weapon (and ARMA3's, I guess). Then if you hit the Combat Stance key again, you go back to a more relaxed default stance similar to ARMA2's walk-while-your-weapon-is-down, for noncombat stuff.