Sign in to follow this  
Wraith420

Weed Wars: Persistant & Competitive Gueriilla Grow/Warfare Simulation

WEED WARS

This is my first modification for the Arma series, something I have always wanted to learn to do. While this mod is inspired by persistant game modes like Life and DayZ I hope it to be a truly unique and educational gaming experience for players

This modification will hope to simulate the funding of insurgent warfare through smuggling the rewards of dedicated and discreet farming

In 2024 Altis legalized Cannabis, leading to 10 or so years of prosperity until Iran invaded. freedom fighters grow weed out&indoors after setting up hydroponics hidden from opfor so they can smuggle it to buy weapons. CSAT is tasked with eradicating the freedom fighters so they can steal Altis's Cannabis crop to make the cheapest hemp burkhas for their women after a scandalous visible ankle and knee incident in Teheran’s largest Mosque.

Planned Features:

-How many times have you and your battle buddies been sitting on the ground together waiting on transport white eyed & bored? How many times have you failed to shoot a combatant before they shoot you because your muscles are sore and shaky from general fatigue or injury? Cannabis can be used as a “Power Up†or medicine with subtle but useful effects, munchies will increase rate of hunger briefly however, but food will heal you more when stoned.

-Players will have to transport water to their grows discreetly, especially if the grow site is indoors. Rain if it comes will keep your outdoor plants happy and healthy. Otherwise you will need to water your plant every day or it will grow cheap buds or start to die.

-The best Weed sells for the most to the foreign arms dealers used to higher prices back home living in Prohibition. Swap your bhang for bang.

-CSAT will be outnumbered but will have better resources and equipment from the start. By taking funds from large movers and arms traders they can buy more supplies and expand operations.

-More to come as the project grows and evolves any help will be greatly appreciated and the project needs help growing off the ground :)

Video is a good teaser of many fire fights to come :)

Edited by Wraith420

Haha, love this idea m8. I especially like the idea of Guerrilla warfare and how you've came up with the story of having CSAT as the big boys around town instead of the usual NATO. I believe there would also be some battles fought between each Guerrilla factions? Like different groups control their specific areas and they wage war against each other, while in the meantime fighting the CSAT off? You could also probably accomplish this by just making a mission and use some of your own and the community created content. Dope idea m8, will keep watch of this.

Edited by Modder

This really doesn't seem different from the regular Stratis Life we had back in the alpha, except for factions (FIA vs CSAT, as opposed to civilians vs NATO/"cops") and the map (Altis instead of Stratis).

And, most (if not all) of it can be done with scripting. It's not like you need custom models or anything.

Oh mate,

sorry to say I'm neither interested in Arma 3 (atm...) nor any modern (future) warfare scenario.

But that firefight in the weeds made my day. ;)

Greetz.

This is quite an interesting idea. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's sort of like a United States vs. Drug Cartel situation? Just not the United States, or the drug cartels? haha

Thanks for the feedback, I promise you it will be nothing like Altis Life however. I am not a fan of going to a designated area of a map to simply push a button to "Stealthly" grow weed, as everybody knows where it is grown. Players will have to hide them staggered under foliage, behind walls, under lights or behind a well loaded gun and patrols. Freedom Fighters Versus Tyrannical Oppressors is the name of the game with it all being funded by who ever controls the most weed, as they can buy the most armor and equipment to fight with. The weed will have to sit around for a day or two until it can be harvested, giving some seeds with each harvest unless they randomly grow "The Dankest of the Dank".

I will have alot of time starting on Friday to get this project going, graduating from college on thursday :)

Yeh that's a funny idea but could be really nice to play

it's sort of like a United States vs. Drug Cartel situation? Just not the United States, or the drug cartels? haha

Yes :) or mexico, in some citys it's look like kabul ...

Sign in to follow this