Sign in to follow this  
Stirls

Error loading maplegend.png!

This has been posted by a few people, as I've seen. Problem here is that I haven't found a solution!

Note that this one is called SurfaceMapLegend.png because I took the screenshot before I changed the name and paths.

5DOdf.jpg

5Ewi5.jpg

I have no idea what's going on, and I've tried at least 30 different ways of running it. I've tried changing the filetypes of my terrain, the name of the maplegend, etc. All of this hasn't worked for me! Apparently it's just a problem that happens but goes away with enough persistence and patience, but I just don't know! Please help!

Layers.cfg:

class Layers
   {

class dirt
    {
      texture = "\PCH_ArcadiaMap\Data\ut_hlina_detail_co.png";
      material="\PCH_ArcadiaMap\Datapch_arcadia_dirt.rvmat";
    };

class grass
    {
      texture = "\PCH_ArcadiaMap\Data\cr_trava1_detail_co.png";
      material="\PCH_ArcadiaMap\Data\pch_arcadia_grass.rvmat";
    };

class urban
    {
      texture = "\PCH_ArcadiaMap\Data\ut_sterk_detail_co.png";
      material="\PCH_ArcadiaMap\Data\pch_arcadia_urban.rvmat";
    };

class sand
    {
      texture = "\PCH_ArcadiaMap\Data\cr_asfalt_detail_co.png";
      material="\PCH_ArcadiaMap\Data\pch_arcadia_sand.rvmat";
    };

};

class Legend
   {
    picture="\PCH_ArcadiaMap\Source\mapLegend.png";
    class Colors
    {

dirt[]={{255,0,0}};
      grass[]={{0,255,0}};
      urban[]={{0,0,255}};
      sand[]={{255,255,0}};
    }
   };

Edited by Stirls
clarity

This is another one of those inexplicable problems that occasionally seems to appear - and disappear - for no visible reason.

A quick search of this section will turn up dozens of similar posts - most of which seem to resolve themselves simply by going thru the motions over again once or twice...

Having said that, in this particualr case I'd try dropping the leading "\" from all your paths in Layers.cfg... Notice the error you're getting? - "Error loading - p:\\PCH_Arcadia\etc\etc

that double "\\" is likely to cause problems... Try fixing those paths and try again - see if it works....

It's not a totally infallible rule, but in general, with terrains, assume that the engine will slap a "P:\" automatically at the beginning of all paths, so all you need to type is "the rest of the path after the P:\ part"

B

Quite cool to have the guy whose tutorial I just started following today comment on my thread. Hello!

I'll give it another go. I'll just keep trying, I suppose. Do you know if this issue would persist if I was to migrate the files to another computer?

Still getting this bloody error. I've tried everything short of giving the map to someone else to try out. Do the /data images require each image to be pisek/trava/etc? Currently I have..

5GQXh.png

Edit: I changed all of the names of the diffuse and normal maps to coincide with the .rvmats.. still no dice. Doesn't work at all. Here are my project parameters: http://puu.sh/5GRLD.png

Edit 2: Yes! I fixed the first part of my problem. Now I'm getting a slightly more tolerable error. Error saving 'p:\pch_arcadiamap\source\Layers\S_000_000_lco.png'. This is an easy fix, just gotta change the texture drive to my new P:\PCH

What I changed was the way my files were ordered. It is currently P:\PCH\pch_arcadiamap\etc. I created a folder closer to P drive, and it worked!

Edited by Stirls