Sign in to follow this  
m1lkm8n

Sahrani for A3 by SMD

Can you get the bridges to work..? That would be something!!!

Regardless, this is my nr1 island so I'm really looking forward to it :)

Well guys. Don't credit me. This is all nonov as I've moved on to another project. Maybe if a mod sees this you can transfer the thread to nonov, don't know of that's possible or not?

As far as the bridges...I have them working in a3 for my other project and I will hand them back to nonov to include. Basically it the nonaicfg(hehe mobile and can't remeber if that's the correct spelling) class that causes arma3 to crash. So I classed them as a house class and they work fine including destruction.

Well guys. Don't credit me. This is all nonov as I've moved on to another project. Maybe if a mod sees this you can transfer the thread to nonov, don't know of that's possible or not?

As far as the bridges...I have them working in a3 for my other project and I will hand them back to nonov to include. Basically it the nonaicfg(hehe mobile and can't remeber if that's the correct spelling) class that causes arma3 to crash. So I classed them as a house class and they work fine including destruction.

Fantastic news!!! Thank you!

I'm discussing what needs to be changed for the bridges with M1lkm8n now.

I've gotten the config almost all sorted out, I've got it at a point where it's totally releasable, but I'd like to get ALL the candy in... Fog, Clouds, Weather, all look AMAZING... Ground textures look REALLY good, and the ocean even looks pretty good:

DRJErMml.jpg

eZzWy45l.jpg

pOggrREl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FEgwgkp.jpg (611 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/rqPolPL.jpg (319 kB)

1vToQJvl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KCNesic.jpg (336 kB)

You just run it alongside AiATP, IE, it's dependant on AiA TP.

So, it gets better...

ALL those screenshots were before I got the lighting and weather config settings correct... it looks 30000x better now...

I'm packing a build now that has a minor tweak to the underwater look since there are already deep parts of Sahrani, it starts to look weird when you can't see the surface or the ground in the ocean... I tweaked a few things and hope it looks a BIT better for now. Long term, I want to see if I can make it look REALLY nice... but it looks pretty darn amazing as is now.

Album:

http://imgur.com/a/Yb7d3#0

New Lighting Settings:

TVtFHV1l.jpg

4CEq26Hl.jpg

New Weather:

14MqRKsl.jpg

Ztq5r1zl.jpg

A3 Fog

7dJh3kvl.jpg

A3 Ocean w/SMD Sahrani Color Blend:

cluTNJDl.jpg

I might try to throw together a quick cutscene for the intro scene, but I still have to fix/replace the gas station, and might do the bridges.. but I want to get this out so people can play it.. it's freaking AMAZING looking.

Edited by CiforDayZServer

So this version of Sahrani isn't going to be integrated into AiATP? I thought one of the plans for the AiATP was to integrate a more updated version of Sahrani (this version)?

Ahh man that brings back nostalgia of one of the greatest virtual gunfights I ever been in near Cayo....can't wait and thanks.

I'm not having any problems with the bridges at all in game, what exactly is the problem?

I'm going to update it with the A3 one's that M1lkm8n has done when I get them... but if that's not by tomorrow, I will pack up what's done after I edit the gas stations, and I play with the surface frictions a bit more... They act weird... but it's kind of realistic... it really depends on what people are used to/like.

A2 had pretty crappy interactions with the surfaces and vehicles, you edited a vehicles ability to move on/off road, now it's on the surface, and drive characteristics of the vehicle interact with that (I think). Right now, I have it pretty close to what it's like in Stratis, but the sand acts like mud once you've stopped... and it's impossible to gain speed once you drop below a certain speed... I'm probably going to tone it back a bit so it's not crazy restrictive for 2wd vehicles.

It's looking really good. Should have a build packed/signed/UL'd for tomorrow evening latest.

V2dfcxsl.jpg

Looking good - are we adding it in to AiA_TP - that was the original plan I thought ? I don't personally mind either way, but AiA_TP with the old united Sahrani instead of this is kinda just wasting SSD space - as we'll all want to be using your A3 island version.

Thoughts ? @kju

SJ

I'm not having any problems with the bridges at all in game, what exactly is the problem?

I havent seen an AI drive nor walk over a bridge since armed assault.

I havent seen an AI drive nor walk over a bridge since armed assault.

That is some bizarre alignment issue that there is no tool to fix in Arma... in VBS they have something that shows the level of the roadways on either side of the gap, and allow you to line up the road surface to that level in Bulldozer, however I'm fairly sure there is no such method for Arma. From what I understand it's a matter of tweaking it by TINY amounts (which is also next to impossible in buldozer/tb) check it in game, and then try again.... I'll be honest, I'm not up for that.

I MIGHT be able to get it to work using A3 shapefiles for the roadways, which Ian Banks was kind enough to provide for Sahrani, so I THINK it might work once I implement that, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

I'll see if there's anything I can do, but I don't think there is a good/known solution. For the initial release I want to keep the priorities clear, and just get rid of the gas station error.

I'm working on getting a package together now.

If you look in the data files of a3 you'll see the bridges they have now have a path p3d that's placed on top of the bridge roadway. I haven't tested one yet but that may be the way to fix ai crossing the bridges

Ok, so... I've spoken with kju, pretty sure this version will be the default Sahrani for AiA.

I got the fuel stations sorted out, fixed a few errors the roads were causing, and think it's set for an initial release.

I will get everything I have together signed and released here shortly I hope.

Known bugs:

- Running on roads makes no footstep noise.

- Panelak apartments have alpha issues on the back side of the building

- Gas Station throws an error when it gets destroyed

- Dark interior on one of the smd_dum_olez_istan2_open buildings

This is a VERY initial build, mainly focused on getting the A3 environment settings worked in, and fixing the terrain tiling issue. But hopefully with a build out I can get some more input on any bugs that are found... and meanwhile I can work on updating the objects to A3 standards/configs.

Once it's all packed and UL'd I will create a thread in the released addons section so that I can take ownership of the thread.

Aia meaning AiA tp right?

Good to hear, I was hoping you guys were gonna do that, great idea

Will you possibly integrated the stuff like pansyfausts street lights in?

Good news :)

Sent from mobile

Hello there,

i'm new in this forum, but not in game; i worked as developer for an Altis Life italian server.

Now i wanna try to create a server with ALive mod in Sahrani, and i found your wonderful work of fixing and retexturing to made a compatible Sahrani with A3.

But when i try to spawn civilian on your map, i have this message "x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\data.smd_sahrani_a3.sqf not found.

I opened fnc_analysis with PBO manager and there isn't data.smd_sahrani_a3.sqf, but there is data.smd_sahrani_a2.sqf; who can help me?

Thanks

I hope this get's indexed by the ALIVE team, would love to move my current AiA Sahrani alive over to SMD Sahrani, can't stand the textures on AiA's version :(

^ it won't be for today's ALiVE release but hopefully not long after that

Edited by SavageCDN

^ it won't be for today's ALiVE release but hopefully not long after that

Sweet!