dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Modification

same here, sadly. i got kicked from all of them. it's weird. they are also shown red and not green or yellow. i tried every combination but still couldn't get on any server. is there something obvious i'm missing?

Ditto. Though my server icons are yellow with a question mark.

Hello here are some pointers for installing tactical battlefield.

1. Make sure that you dont launch cba more than once.

- Check this from the main menu, by viewing the icons under the BI news section, or by eyeballing the expansions menu.

2. Make sure you are not using the Dev version of arma 3.

3. Make sure the targetline on your shortcut is not missing the "" on the address.

Really good successful mod! Nice Work, thx.

I can't find bugs, It's really fun

I would still prefer if something like Acre is implemented.

same here, sadly. i got kicked from all of them. it's weird. they are also shown red and not green or yellow. i tried every combination but still couldn't get on any server. is there something obvious i'm missing?

hmm try loading the game with nothing other than tacbf and cba :)

when i was having problems i did the above and started working for me.

give it a whirl

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

Hello here are some pointers for installing tactical battlefield.

1. Make sure that you dont launch cba more than once.

- Check this from the main menu, by viewing the icons under the BI news section, or by eyeballing the expansions menu.

2. Make sure you are not using the Dev version of arma 3.

3. Make sure the targetline on your shortcut is not missing the "" on the address.

also make sure only tacbf and cba is running no other mod

Kicks mean you either:

- Have extra pbos not approved by the server (meaning do not belong to TacBF or CBA_A3), either running as extra mods activated by command line or in-game mod launcher, or in your arma 3\addons folder (and obviously they shouldn't be there as you should only have official BIS files in there).

- Are missing a required pbo.

While a message is supposed to show stating exactly one of those ("you cannot play/edit this mission ... downloadable content that has been deleted: <mod list>" for missing mods and "... not signed by a key accepted by the server: <mod list>" for not allowed mods), often people just don't get this message. If you can reliably reproduce this you should probably open a bug on the feedback tracker, or find it if it's already open, and call for everyone to yell at BIS to fix it.

Few possible reasons for having the wrong mods:

- In-game mod launcher. Don't use it. Use Play withSIX or a shortcut (create shortcut to arma3.exe and add to the "Target:" line: "...arma3.exe" "-mod=@CBA_A3;@TacBF"

- You used Play WithSIX to directly join a server running VTS wind and it got automatically installed and run along with TacBF, while the server might not be allowing it for clients. To solve this just create a preset with @TacBF (CBA will be added automatically as it is required for TacBF), and launch without selecting a server.

- You have modified game files or additional unapproved files inside your ArmA 3\addons folder. Delete any unofficial files and verify cache integrity on Steam to just in case you deleted/modified any required official game files. Deleting the whole folder is a sure way to get this aspect solved, but it will require re-downloading most of the game, so it's best to try figure out what you did wrong there and only delete the entire folder as a last resort.

Sounds great, i have installed the mod on my 2sd server. :)

In "upcoming plans" we can read you are preparing new mission pack. I would like to know if you dev more missions for Stratis ? (4 missions available on pack 1)

BR.

While a message is supposed to show stating exactly one of those ("you cannot play/edit this mission ... downloadable content that has been deleted: <mod list>" for missing mods and "... not signed by a key accepted by the server: <mod list>" for not allowed mods), often people just don't get this message. If you can reliably reproduce this you should probably open a bug on the feedback tracker, or find it if it's already open, and call for everyone to yell at BIS to fix it.

it's soooo annoying! and sometimes people on the server get the info but you don't. how stupid is that?!

Really good successful mod! Nice Work, thx.

I can't find bugs, It's really fun

I would still prefer if something like Acre is implemented.

I tried plugging ACRE into our server that is hosting this mod/gamemode. Results were:

Simply putting signed versions of ACRE and JayArma3Lib onto the server and having players connect with a REPO: Everyone got 343 radio's, but both sides shared the same few channels so could eavesdrop, and the range was pretty useless.

So today I edited the init.sqf files for each mission and added an execVM to my own script that we use a lot that replaces the 343 with a 148 for every player, and scrambles the radio frequencies so each side have different frequencies for all their radio channels.

This worked when I tested it in the editor, but playing this evening with 6 or so people on the server, some people coulnd't hear others on the radios, one person still spawned with a 343, and on some respawns, radios wouldn't work at all. The script I used is usually quite robust, and I've not had this issues with other missions.

I suspect it's because there IS some ACRE functionality built into the mission already. From the 'self interact' menu, there is a "radio list" that told me I had a 148. When someone talks on a radio, it appears in the HUD on the right with their name - and when they talk in 'direct' chat, it shows their name AND a speech bubble. There was even the ability to raise and lower headset like in ACE through the 'self interact' menu (can't help calling them from the Arma2 ACE days, one to iteract with other things, one to interact with self and equipment). So maybe built in features were conflicting with the ACRE scripts I injected?

Anyway, would appreciate some word from the TacBF Dev's regarding this - what's built it, what's planned - would you like the scripts that *should* have worked on the ACRE radios?

Yes for the long term plan we do want to implement ACRE and yes it does have some functionality, but we won't be touching ACRE till we feel TacBF is ready for one and we won't be touching ACRE till that is ready for two, best thing to do is sit tight and either help out with testing TacBF as is.

OR sit tight in apprehension of ACRE, either way both won't go together till both are tested and relatively stable, also we wan't to implement ACRE in such a way as to compliment TacBF rather than be a drawback.

But till then drop ACRE being officially supported peeps, it's just not going to happen any time soon, unofficially go for it though.

From the TacBF point of view our next steps are implementing fully features such as:

• Commander Mode expansion
  • implementing UAV's
  • bug testing thoroughly and fixing said bugs
  • optimising the missions, servers and mod
  • making more missions
  • community organisation
  • increasing the amount of game-modes
  • optimising wind ballistics
  • optimising TMR implementation
  • optimising suppression effects
  • UI optimisation

Thats not even quarter of the list and even then its very generalised, we will let you know when ACRE is ready to be implemented and be sure that we are going to and in some cases have been working on it, but implementing it yourself is your own business and we have stated fairly openly that unofficial business is your business which we will not answer to.

So if anyone wants to implement ACRE unofficially then you are more than welcome to do so, but be on your head it is, as is all unofficial mod implementation, we don't have time to help out with your own issues as well as ours.

Thanks for the prompt, detailed reply Dale, I realize and appreciate ACRE isn't supported until you are truly ready to approach it.

Was just interested as I saw so much already in the game mode that seemed to support it!

Anyway didn't hurt trying, as there are a lot of ACRE fans out there! I will keep slogging away at it on our own server to try and get it implemented acceptably, as you can join without ACRE and play it normally anyway. The server is still locked for any other mods, and is setup identical to your official servers other than allowing ACRE to join.

Loving what you've released already, a really slick set of features that we've been unable to break so far.

I put TacBF up on my private server for clan testing/training earlier today, and spent a few hours poking around. It has come a long way since my short time in the closed beta - amazing work! Being a devout insurgency fan (both PR and Arma 2/ACE), I am really looking forward to some epic rounds of S&D.

Why is FPS so bad ? no AI even with 30 players or less it drops a lot. Playing other MP " Patrol Operations" i can get 60fps but with TB iv seen 15 - 53. Its a great MOD good work guys ;)

Ya we are having some performance issues with some missions so be patient we will sort it out.

Edited by Hurtz72

Official TacBF servers locked now?

We lock the servers while the missions are loading to try to speed it up. When the mission has loaded and everyone is spawned in we unlock the server. Jump on TS and look for an admin if it remains locked. Note we may lock it as well when the player count gets high. This will be sorted in the near future and we won't need to lock the servers anymore.

this is why mods, are not always good. You might have 30 people, maybe even good optimized missions, but combining various mods, can hurt the performance.

Could really be a script, causing problems with high player count. Maybe suppression or wind, must be something server related.

This looks fantastic, the logistics and UI work you guys have done looks great! Also that vehicle maintenance stuff - awesome..

Got to play a good few hours today with a good squad and this is a blast. Lots of good deja vu moments from PR.

One moment you're building a FOB, the next assaulting a point, then defending it, then blowing up the enemy FOB, then back at base to hop in an APC to try and murder a lot of enemies foolish enough to crest and skyline.

Lots of fun, this is now my favourite A3 gamemode. Hope to see many more players join in the carnage.

One thing I'd really like to see included is a new mid-range texture. With the couple mods that do it already, you can really notice a difference when it comes to blending in to the terrain, making camouflage and concealment a realistic endeavor.

Still can't get on, neither can a few buddies (some can though), all of which have been playing since OFP. Attempting to join just drops us back to the server browser without any errors or PBO notifications whatsoever.

And here I was getting ready to present this game mode to my 27k+ subscribers. Oh well. If I do resolve it look for a update here - https://www.youtube.com/user/USMCG0811

OUTSTANDING round of S&D on EU #2 just now. Nearly three hours of intense gaming. And how fun that Ch3v and Adanteh were there!

If you are looking for a fulfilling PvP experience in Arma 3, this is it.

Edited by Harzach

@ Alpha Whiskey Romeo

Not much we can do without more info. We haven't had a lot of complaints about people not being able to join. We do see people trying to join from time to time who forgot to install CBA which is needed to run TacBF. It's also possible you joined a unofficial server which doesn't have the right configs. My first suggestion would be to read this TacBF installation guide to make sure you have it installed correctly and if you're still having problems we usually have people on TS ready to help those who are having issues.

Edited by Ch3v4l13r