dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Modification

TacBF revision 3.13.1 has been released 25 May 2015.

A v3.13.1 update has been completed and is now available for download by the usual methods.

Download:

Change Log:

For the most accurate list of changes for v3.13.1, view the Change Log.

Expand Spoiler button, to view entire change log:

1. Fixed: The RP spawns were being duplicated many times in the Respawn Dialog.
  2. Fixed: Illegal use of Mounted Weapons within the main base was ejecting players from all Mounted Weapons, (or something similar).

Regarding the feature that displays the name of the person that's direct talking near you, I kinda wonder how that's been implemented. I have very little MP experience, and I first thought that was a TFAR thing, later I joined a MP community that uses TFAR, but the icons where no where to found. So, is that feature developed for TacBF? Does it involve TFAR in any way? Any explanation would be appreciated.

Guys please do more optimizing if possible.

Getting 12-25 FPS (varies regarding player count) and can't afford new machine :/

why i cant reload/load CAL50 static mgs with 12,7? i can only deploy RED 12,7 but the static mg needs yellow? :P

Hi there :)

it's 2 days now that i'm trying to join the server (EU 1 http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/31.210.129.135:2312/) with no luck. I can get to the lobby, but after few seconds i get the "Session lost" error message.

I used Arma3Sync to download the required mods that I found here: http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/app.php/page/download

One thing i noticed is that I've the DLC in red, are those required to join the server?

Can anyone help me?

Password is posted on the download page. So just press the download link in the first post.

i've looked everywhere and i cant find where to get to the server or the password

:butbut:

Just out of curiosity, would these mods work with a PvE type game style? Such as invade and annex? Love how this mod sounds and would love to try it, but i do more invade and annex than anything else. So i was just wondering if this would work.

Thanks in advance

Greetings TACTBF team! I was told TACTBF might be looking for a server host in the USA, this true?  If so I may be able to help.

TacBF revision 3.14.0 has been released. (15 Oct 2015)

Good news. A v3.14.0 update has been completed and is now available for download by the usual methods, (with possible short delays for 3rd party sites).

This release involved a major rewrite of a lot of the core systems.

New bikey files:
Also you'll see some old pbo have been deleted, so we've started to use version-based signatures, eg: tb_3-14-0.bikey, which means any old files left in the @TacBF mod folder from earlier releases, will generate an start-up error, so ensure you have a clean install of @TacBF folder.

TacBF was updated on:

• Steam Workshop.
    See here for details on how to install or trigger a download.
  • Armaholic
  • PlayWithSix

Download:

Change Log:

For the most accurate list of changes for v3.14, view the Change Log.

Expand Spoiler button, to view entire change log:

• Game mode changes:
    The A&S code (Which is also used for A&D and partially in S&D) was among the oldest code in TacBF and lots of nice stuff has been added into Arma since that code was originally written. Almost all of that code has rewritten for this update which was a massive undertaking, but it's not something players are going to notice instantly. 

There are a whole bunch of performance improvements connected to it, but like always I'd like to clarify that this doesn't mean you're suddenly going to get 60FPS. The main advantage is that it's easier to change and add game mode mechanics and there's hardly any performance loss with lots and lots of zones which allows mission makers to make some special zone layouts.

• General code rewrites:
    Vehicle respawning and initialization and has been rewritten/modified as well. Again, this is not something that is really noticeable for players but it makes updating the code a lot easier, plus saves us a lot of broadcasting which especially helps on mission start performance. 
    The same has been done for all the spawn point code (RP, FOs, HOs and so on) which means it should all feel a bit more responsive.

• CUP launcher weapons:
    This release also includes a bunch of new @CUP AA/AT launcher weapons.
    These were provided by the @CUP dev team, which we highly appreciate, (and used according to it's licence requirements).

• Vehicle & Player Markers:
    New vehicle and player markers! The old system needed a serious update so I figured I'd go ahead and rewrite it completely. The vehicle icons that you normally only see in the editor are now used for the vehicle map markers too. This also fixes the phantom vehicle markers which were removed for destroyed vehicles.

This means it's a lot easier to identify which vehicle is which, plus they update a lot smoother. Player markers have gotten the same treatment and should work pretty smooth. Keep in mind that for the GPS mini-map we could not use the new fancy markers, because that would reduce FPS in half. 

Squad Management - New Squad Creation Process: - Feature Added
  • Added: Create squad: it will now ask for the type of squad you are creating and assign the SL (you), the corresponding kit to suit. Either: Infantry, Mechanized, Air Support.
  • Changed: Roles dialog: it will now block switching from SL kit, crewman kit or pilot kit, if you created a squad as one of those squad types.
  • Changed: Taking an Instant Kit, like Engineer, will now match your radio channel with your SLs. Before it was just being result to channel 1.
  • Changed: When joining a Mechanised Support Squad (with crewman SL) or Air Support Squad (with pilot SL), you will be prompted to either cancel, or automatically change to matching role as SL and then join.
  • Added: Crewman/Pilot Support roles for non-SLs, will now be blocked from choosing any other role, (unless the SL changes his role or SL leaves the squad or you leave the squad). 

Squad Management:
  • Changed: Modified determination method of a group's squad leader.
    Reverting back to checking 'leader' of group. Will test to see if that is more reliable now in Arma 3 than previous Arma's.
    Hopefully this solves/improves the case where 2 different clients show different SLs.
  • Changed: Upon joining a squad your TFR channel will be set to the SLs channel automatically
  • Fixed: Possibly found cause for client language determination, due to premature check of 'language'.
  • Fixed: Custom role names were not working for many months. 

Gear:
  • Feature Added: Armaments gear list now has filtering by default. It will exclude non-essential repetitive similar items, like reskins. 
    You can toggle it on/off by pressing F2 in Armaments (Inventory dialog). It will make it easier for mission makers to keep the list of gear minimal so that it is somewhat easier to browse.
  • Changed: Compatible Roles: the following classes will now be allowed to handle picked up LAT gear: rifleman, grenadier, MG, (LAT), (HAT), AA, SL.
  • Fixed: Side specific role names
  • Added: Ability to specify custom role icons
  • Fixed: Radios: Radio removal when picking up enemy radio
  • Added: Mine box "TB_Box_West_Mines_F"/" TB_Box_East_Mines_F" as alternative to providing (unlimited) mines in armaments. (Use in MWS)
  • Changed: Group SLs can now take SL kit when alone in squad.
  • Fixed: RHS booniehats showed up in armaments instead of under outfits

Vehicle changes:
  • Feature Added: Parking brake option - Delays despawn of vehicle when abandoned.
    Useful if you want to hide your squad's car for a bit and grab it back later. Normal vehicle despawn is now quicker.
  • Feature Added: vehicle unlock. There is now an option to "Request vehicle unlock" which instantly unlocks the vehicle, if the entire "locking-squad" is >25m for tiny/small missions or >50m for all larger missions. A notification is sent to you and the locking squad, if unlocked.
  • Fixed: Vehicle repair problems (Field repairs didn't work on some helicopters)
  • Fixed: Towing: Could enter towed static weapons
  • Changed: Trailers: Better calculation of closest vehicle for trailer towing
  • Fixed: Some wheeled APCs got counted as regular cars in vehicle init
  • Fixed: Needed combat engineer to use ZU AA gun
  • Added: Ability to take Rifleman kit from statics that require either a combat engineer or rifleman role
  • Changed: Enemy players don't cancel vehicle abandonment any more
  • Changed: Assembled weapons (Includes UAVs) now automatically have no thermal (Mission settings are used)

Cargo changes:
  • Fixed: Duplicate cargo adding on JIP (60 car wheels in cargo)
  • Fixed: Static weapons: Unloaded static weapons would respawn on top of the crate they were unloaded from
  • Fixed: Sling load: Missing default mass values for helicopter/repair containers (Prevented airlifting those)
  • Changed: Code: Locality of vehicle init updated to only run where needed. Previously lots of commands were run on the client even though they only had any effect when run on the server.
  • Fixed: Prevent people from entering static weapons which are currently being towed
  • Fixed: Maintenance: Magazines for non-main turrets didn't show up when inspecting vehicle (Wildcat primarily)
  • Fixed: Maintenance: Right door gunner on some helicopters wasn't handled properly and prevented rearming (Blackhawk primarily)
  • Changed: Updated some RHS trailer offsets
  • Fixed: When repairing wheel right after unloading it would hide progress
  • Important: Fixed: Demolish (hesco) structures via "Demolish" menu option working again.

Medic:
  • Important: Fixed: Damage handling cleaned up / fixed. Should stop instant deaths when incapped.
  • Changed: Less points for medic actions (To give other people a chance getting a better spot in scoreboard)
  • Attempted Fix: Incapped player turning invisible for everyone but the person that started treating him
  • Changed: Request revive marker is now a heart icon (with medic plus/cross). Request medic treatment is now orange, not red.

Game modes:
  • Important: Changed: A&S Bleed. Think battlefield games - The team with more zones will now have 0 bleed instead of lower bleed
  • Changed: Rewrote almost everything
  • Important: Fixed: Zones: Square zones not functioning as square zones. (Could not capture in the corners)
  • Changed: Scoring: Lots more points for capturing or defending zones (Play the objectives!)
  • Fixed: 'Low tickets' message was showing for the wrong team
  • Changed: Neutral is now default color Yellow, (based on profile set colors, which players can change). 
    (Keep Green available for independent third faction later.
  • Changed: Progress bar now indicates progress till zone is captured when it contains destructible zone objects
  • Changed: Completely reworked zone objects. Uses object destruction module (Look under modules in editor)
  • Added: Module Option to disallow destruction of zone objects that are currently not in an active zone (Default is on)
  • Added: Module Option to hide zone object markers for enemy team (Can be used for S&D style missions. Default is off)
  • Added: Module Option to constantly update zone object marker till objects are destroyed (Can be used for moveable objects / convoy style. Default is off)
  • Fixed: Could search friendly players for intel on S&D
  • Fixed: Would help enemies to capture their zones (That weren't captureable for your own team)
  • Important: Changed: Unoccupied active zones that are not at a 100% will slowly go back to a 100% over time 

Spawn points: (FO/RP)
  • Feature Added: RP icon reminder is displayed on screen, when SL hasn't deployed RP in a while or if SL is missing SL kit.
    This aims to aid new players as to their critical role, plus remind the veteran players when they forget.
  • Feature Added: FO: Interact option on enemy FO to place explosives (More reliable destruction than manual placement)
  • Fixed: Error message when FO was destroyed
  • Fixed: FO box: Interact with deployed enemy FO crate giving the impression that it would destroy the FO
  • Changed: Reworked tunnel entrances. Now single objects placed in editor unconnected to zones (Unless object destruction module is added). Will be extended on in future 

Text localization:
  • Fixed: Various client text localization problems solved (now localized on receiving client, not caller).
    Specifically for Squad Management messages, RP messages, Question Box messages.

Marker changes:
  • Fixed: Despawned vehicles didn't have their marker removed
  • Changed:  Markers: Increased the size of spotted 'vehicle markers' and 'infantry squad markers', to distinguish them more from individual infantry/object markers. 

UI changes: (Menus, general dialogs)
  • Fixed: Interaction: often interaction key would not interact with objects/boxes. This has finally been fixed (while in base).
  • Added: Menus: Request: Option to "Request capture progress" of zone, by mouse click position, plus to "Report capture progress" of current zone.
  • Added: Menus: Spot: added spotting menu item: spot "dead soldier", to indicate activity/threat nearby.
  • Added: (Mouse hover) tooltips for the score & ticket fields on scoreboard dialog.
  • Tweaked: Show full game mode name on scoreboard dialog.
  • Tweaked: Show if player is AI in their 3D name tag
  • Tweaked: If BattlePrep not finished, show 'game not started' on spawn points instead of 'inaccesible'
  • Added: Can view most mission settings on Map Briefing now
  • Added: Fatigue indicator in the very top right corner (Very subtle horizontal grey line)
  • Changed: Spot/Request messages: now include the compass point after the distance.
  • Changed: Spot messages: Spots < 100m now show distance in orange, to warn of nearby proximity.
  • Changed: Map legend: text is clearer in explanation (numbers mean "Players required to deploy"). Plus it is now adjusted for given faction. Eg: It doesn't show "HO" if your faction is not resistance and vice-versa.
  • Changed: Map legend: Added information about blocking radius and blocking player count for FO & RP/HO. Eg: 75m block by 1 person.
  • Added: Text on capture bar if it's zone objectives are destructible
  • Fixed: Would show name tags for the AI hidden away in UAVs
  • Changed: TacBF uniforms now have correct icon in Virtual Arsenal

Trivial general changes:
  • Changed: GPS: Auto-hide (custom) vehicle GPS when sling load lift interface is opened or vanilla GPS is shown
  • Changed: Menus: Squad management can now be accessed while incapped
  • Trivial: Changed: Changed map grid position coordinates (eg: "012345") to be displayed with a hyphen (in common places), (eg: "012-345")
  • Trivial: Added: UI: show mission name on Base Deployment/Respawn dialogs too.
  • Trivial: Changed: UI: show scoreboard column title backgrounds in side colour.
  • Trivial: Changed: Text: Fix naming of FB: FB=Forward Base, not Firebase.

General changes:
  • Changed: Code: Disabled lots of inits of old and unused systems
  • Changed: Config: RDS statics damage against RHS vehicles (It should be a lot more effective now)
  • Changed: Code: Updated animation speeds / stamina regeneration while kneeling.
  • Fixed: Weather / time admin options
  • Changed: If killed within base or during battle prep, don't change tickets, score and use low respawn time
  • Changed: Battleprep: Rewrote large parts of stystem
  • Changed: Battleprep: Unpausing battleprep will give 30 seconds before the game actually starts (Prevents sudden unprepared start)
  • Changed: Voting: Rewrote voting base code
  • Added: Voting: Option to pause / unpause battle prep
  • Added: Voting: Option to extend / reduce mission duration (time)
  • Added: Voting: Option to enable/disable AI. (Intended for low player number games.)
  • Fixed: Using enemy static weapon to kill someone gave friendly fire violation
  • Changed: Reworked AI enabling admin options
  • Changed: Changed: AI will now randomly receive a MG kit for load out (1 in 3 chance). Previously all were riflemen.
  • Fixed: UI/Interaction: Partial fix for fast object recognition for Interaction key, outside of main base. On initial key press, if not recognised, it will rescan area for objects to reveal and then it should recognise the object upon 2nd key press. It's a short-term solution. But in main base, it should always work now, since it regularly scans area.
  • Added: British Armed Forces uniform
  • Changed: Always allow full debug options for admin if enableDebugConsole >= 1 is set in mission config
  • Added: Spidey sense prevention mechanic (Orbs at side of screen)

Mod Files:
  • Removed: Wind ballistics PBO (Unused, performance concern)
  • Removed: ICE_acreUD PBO (Unused)
  • Removed: ICE_firstAid PBO (Was replaced by TF_firstAid a year ago)
  • Removed: TB_vehicleRebalance (Merged into TB_vehicles)
  • Removed: TMR_nlaw (Unused)
  • Removed: TMR_rpg32 (Unused)
  • Removed: TMR_autorest (Unused ever since BIS added bipods in vanilla)
  • Removed: TB_missionModules (Unused and broken. Will be updated in future with new A&S code)
  • Removed: ICE_raf_ropes (Unused since sling-loading was added in vanilla)

Mission Developer features:
  • Added: Mission developers can use markers in mission editor to add extra deployment range from that point.
    (Use this instead of adding invisible zones from now on.)
    The following marker names can be used, where the number can be 1 or higher, ensuring numbers are sequential:
    - "FO_west_deploy_1"
    - "SRP_east_deploy_1" 
    - "HO_east_deploy_1"
  • Added: Mission developers can modify their mission \factions\A3\*.sqh files and add a "1" in the 3rd column of items to optionally hide. 
    Eg:
      {"arifle_Mk20C_plain_F", {__ICE_gear_Inf}},
      {"arifle_Mk20_plain_F", {__ICE_gear_Inf}, 1},
    The goal is to have the default gear list to be as minimal as possible.
    The types of items to hide might include: reskinned items, very repeated items like smoke colours, unimportant items like chemlights (but do not hide unique items like mine seekers).
  • Added: Mission Developer features: zoneList setting: individual zone capture height range
    Each zone in the zoneList can now indicate a capture height range for that zone. 
    Put the height range in column 10 as an array (where first column is 1). The default is {-4, 20} (i.e. Normal ground level & low building levels).
    Eg:
    A height range of {-200, 0} would set the capture range under water.
    A height range of {6.8, 12} would set the capture range to be level 3 of most buildings (or rooftop of 2-level buildings).
  • Added: Mission Developer features: zoneList setting: individual zone capture rate multiplier
    Each zone in the zoneList can now indicate a capture rate multiplier for that zone. 
    Put the rate in column 11 as a real number (where first column is 1). The default is 1 (i.e. No effect).
    Eg:
    A rate multiplier of 0.5 would halve the final rate, making it slower and longer to capture. 
    A rate multiplier of 2.0 would double the capture rate, making it faster and quicker to capture.
  • Added: Mission Developer features: Settings: syncdZoneMultiplier
    A new setting can be added to indicate a capture rate multiplier for all sync'd zones automatically.
    This is intended for the common case where multiple sync'd zones exist close together and require the capture rate to be reduced. You could set this value to be equal to the number of sync'd zones, so the sum of all sync'd zone captures equals 1 normal zone capture.
    To set this setting, add a property to tb_settings.hpp under class ICE { class gameModes { class objectives { class zones { class captureRates { syncdZoneMultiplier = 2; }; }; }; }; };
    The default is 1 (i.e. No effect).
    Eg:
    syncdZoneMultiplier = 2;
    A rate multiplier of 0.5 would halve the final rate, making it slower and longer to capture. 
    A rate multiplier of 3.0 would triple the capture rate, making it faster and quicker to capture.
  • Added: Mission Developer setting: TB_delayedActivation
    To set this setting, add a property to tb_settings.hpp under class ICE { class gameModes { class objectives { class zones { class captureRates { delayedActivation = 120; /* in seconds */ }; }; }; }; };
    The default is scaled to [30,60,120,180,240] for each mission size respectively [tiny,small,medium,large,huge].
  • Like 1

TacBF revision 3.15.0 has been released. (25 Oct 2015)

Good news. A v3.15.0 update has been completed and is now available for download by the usual methods, (with possible short delays for 3rd party sites).

This update focuses on various fixes for the last major release, last week. Thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports for this.

EU servers updated.

US1 server will be updated soon.

The TB Launcher should be up to date too.

Steam was updated.

3rd party download sites will be updated very soon.

TacBF Team.

Download:

Change Log:

For the most accurate list of changes for v3.15, view the Change Log.

• Game mode & Zone Changes:
  • Fixed: Hopefully fixed the bug when it would not begin flag capture or allow flag touch.

Rejoining the mission would reset your side probably, plus different units could be detected on different sides by the engine.

• Fixed: undefined variable in zone capture calculations

Code: updateZoneCalculations.sqf: _zoneLevel instead of _zoneIndex.

Squad Management & SL:

• Fixed: Don't need minimum group size to be able to deploy HO on your own as RES SL anymore
  • Known Bug: Upon the player accepting an invite to a Support squad, the joining player is supposed to automatically switch to the crewman/pilot role, but this is not working in this release.
  • Changed: As SL of Support Squad, when you invite a player, the player invite question message will include "as crewman/pilot" in orange, to indicate his role will change.

Upon the player accepting the invite, the joining player will automatically switch to the crewman/pilot role.

• Changed: reverting to manually checking for SL of group via variable.

A bug exists for JIP players, who do not seem to automatically receive the current group leader and the wrong leader (usually first group unit) is returned instead. Seems to be an Arma bug, but cannot be sure.

• Changed: JIP: Upon JIP, all SLs will attempt to reselect themselves as SL of their group, in an attempt to resync JIP clients with correct leader information for all groups.
  • Changed: For Resistance faction, the join squad restriction was removed, for squads where the SL does not have a SL kit, which normally imposes a squad size limit. Rule was only intended for non-resistance factions.
  • Minor: Changed: Sqd Mgt: When creating an Infantry Squad, the 2 sub-options are reversed (it is now "Dedidicated SL" first, then "Regular SL" second).

FirstAid/Damage system:

• Fixed: Low damage received as infantry. i.e. Damage to infantry should be more lethal now.
  • Changed: Bandaging in safe zone is now quicker and will always restore full health in a single bandage
  • Fixed: Sometimes you couldn't revive a teammate because it said he was already bandaged but he was not.

Static Mounted Weapons:

• Changed: Rebalanced AT weapons (Less destruction, more penetrating and crew killing)
  • FIxed: Could carry mounted static weapons with someone inside it (unsure about that)
  • Fixed: Mortar ammo box didn't get deleted when used (If no smoke was fired, but other ammo was)
  • Fixed: Both HE, Flare and Smoke mortar ammo boxes got created, even though only one box was needed to rearm all ammo (Intended to rearm all types, not intended to have 3 types of boxes and thus 3 times the ammo)
  • Fixed: Upright (mounted weapon) option didn't work properly. Switched to same code as action menu item

Vehicles:

• Fixed: Vehicle rearm boxes not being generated
  • Fixed: Make sure all turrets show up on inspect vehicle (Commander / loader turrets)
  • Fixed: SetVariable for vehicle init code (Allows you to run extra code whenever a vehicle spawns. Used for removing weapons or adding actions). Example soon
  • Fixed: Gun / Turret on APCs didn't repair properly and didn't show up in inspect vehicle
  • Added: Real Armor Mod by Olds and Bakerman. Better compatibility between vanilla and RHS vehicle damage.
  • Fixed: Incorrect default vehicle respawn multiplier fallback (Caused some missions to have instant vehicle respawn)

Markers:

• Changed: Now always sets side of unloaded static weapons to the person unloading it. This means you get proper marker if you unload from enemy box (Or wrong side statics are used)
  • Fixed: Max zoom level for name tags was very low on smaller terrains, scales properly based on terrain size now (iknowrite)
  • Changed: Group / self name tag draw independent of zoom level now
  • Fixed: Markers for static weapons occupied by enemies would show on map
  • Fixed: Vehicle markers disappear when you're in a vehicle yourself (Mainly your own marker)
  • Changed: Added minimum marker size for abandoned vehicles

Voting:

• Added: Vote option to lower caches by one (S&D and caches that aren't revealed yet only)
  • Added: Vote option to increase/decrease tickets by 30 for both sides

General Fixes/Changes:

• Fixed: Paradrop Cargo button didn't work
  • Added: Very basic fortification destruction option. If you have explosive charge you can place it by interacting with the fortification, which then give you scroll-wheel option to detonate destructing the fortification.
  • Changed: Increased demolition time for enemy fortifications (from 30 to 90 seconds). Temp change till explosive placing script is added.

Trivial Changes:

• Changed: Bit more fatigue regain if you're just standing still with rocket launcher and less gain if you're reloading it
  • Changed: More serious explosion for the CUP IEDs and very dusty particle effects
  • Fixed: Didn't localize text for request rearm/repair properly
  • Fixed: No more flashing orbs whenever you unload something
  • Fixed: Duplicate cargo in FO supplies
  • Changed: Fatigue from construction is reduced by quite a lot
  • Changed: Scoreboard: reverted background colours of column titles.
  • Fixed: Scoreboard: Undefined var bug: TB_endGameResult_PV
  • Fixed: Report Capture Progress: Fixed bad message formatting. (Rounded number. Parsed <percent> tags.)

Mission Developer Changes:

• Added: Mission setting to limit max amount of vehicle magazines of a certain type
  • Added: Debug option to copy list of vehicle magazines in format used for round limitations
  • Fixed: Ability to set maximum ammo count per vehicle magazine in mission didn't work

TacBF revision 3.15.1 has been released. (26 Oct 2015)

Good news. A v3.15.1 update has been completed and is now available for download by the usual methods.

This hot-fix update focuses on some urgent fixes for recent release. Thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports for this.

The TB Launcher should be up to date.

Steam was updated.

We will try to update 3rd party download sites soon, but having technical issues with PWS, so unsure.

TacBF Team.

Download:

Change Log:

For the most accurate list of changes for v3.15.1, view the Change Log.

• Fixed: Nearby players were not detected when deploying RPs
  • Fixed: Deaths after incap are not registered properly (Does not show as kill and no reporting for friendly incaps)
  • Change: Magazine / ammo count limitations for some vehicles included into the mod (Less endless HE spam)

TacBF revision 3.16.0 has been released. (16 Dec 2015)

Good news. A v3.16.0 update has been completed and is now available for download by the usual methods, (with some delays for 3rd party sites).

This update focuses on various fixes for game play elements which have become affected by the changes in the recent Arma patches. Thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports.

TacBF Team.

Download:

TacBF Installer - updated.

Steam - updated.

3rd party download sites - will be updated very soon (Armaholic, WithSix). Sorry for delays, still have problems with WithSix.

Change Log:

For the most accurate list of changes for v3.16, view the Change Log.

First Aid:

• Changed: Reworked incap system completely
  • Fixed: Low damage received as infantry
  • Fixed: Kill tracking for scoreboard
  • Fixed: Unit spawned in base before selecting actual spawn location
  • Fixed: Unit standing up when incapped
  • Fixed: Unit model going invisible during treatment after a while and markers disappearing
  • Fixed: Drag out wounded menu option, to get incap player out of vehicle
  • Fixed: Starting dragging while in 'combat pace' mode no longer gets you stuck in place (Thanks Bad Benson)
  • Added: Pressing Crouch or Prone while dragging will make sure you go to prone right away
First Aid UI & map:
  • Changed: Reworked some of the medic effects. Less DOOM style
  • Added: Incap column to scoreboard
  • Fixed: Player marker disappearing off map when incapped
  • Fixed: Players going AWOL when incapped in a vehicle (End up in bottom left corner of the map)
  • Changed: Removed some elements of the bleedout timer, (since map now actually works/remains)
  • Changed: Bleedout timer now replaced by vanilla respawn counter
  • Fixed: Both the 'Treatment' & 'Revive' markers and text overlap each other, when both requested.
Vehicles:
  • Fixed: Taking long time to spawn in vehicle when enough players connected to make it spawn
  • Changed: Rewrote vehicle init completely. Less loops, more speed.
  • Fixed: Some problems with setting max vehicle respawn limit (Especially when there was a chance vehicle didn't spawn at start)
  • Added: Menu option "Vehicle Ammo List" on VSP, to get list of supported ammo for any of the armed vehicles on your team (Mostly useful for delivering appropriate ammo as pilot)
Menus & UI (user interface):
  • Added: AFK (away from keyboard) checking.

Shows AFK status on Scoreboard. If > 5 mins, shows AFK in olive. If > 10 mins, shows AFK in orange.

• Added: 'Weapon on back' option under Equipment menu
  • Added: "Show crew names" to vehicle interaction menu.
  • Removed: TacBF Fatigue bar disabled now, since vanilla Arma has it's own Fatigue bar
  • Fixed: map line markers: line links between non-circular markers were not drawn accurately to the exact edge.
  • Fixed: Parachuting players didn't show on map
  • Fixed: Some "Request" menu options would not show a message. Eg: "Report capture progress" menu option.
  • Fixed: Menu option "Capture progress?" didn't work for position of map click. Also now it prevents requesting progress of the zone you are in.
  • Tweaked: Respawn dialog: Show penalty duration numbers as rounded numbers, not long decimals.
  • Tweaked: Scoreboard: added Author name to tooltip of Mission Name.
  • Tweaked: UI: Added Kunduz to use TB world hints.
  • Changed: Menu option "Report capture progress" now distinguishes between: capturing a zone down to 0% and securing a zone up to 100%, (unless neutral).
Voting:
  • Changed: Now 65% Yes votes is required to pass most votes
  • Fixed: Increase ticket votes also increased the caches by 30
  • Fixed: Voting: Choosing a reason to change mission sometimes displayed wrong reason.
General:
  • Added: ram_core.pbo - Thanks to Olds and Bakerman for allowing us to use Real Armor Mod.
  • Added: tb_particles.pbo
  • Added: tb_respawn.pbo
  • Deleted: tb_missions.pbo
  • Changed: Updated carrying code.
  • Fixed: You could build FOs inside most restricted boundary areas (since v3.13 due to bug), like inside/near zones.
  • Tweaked: In A&D, attacking side can build FOs inside captured zones.
  • Changed: Reverted 'zone capture' 'soldier limit' back to 4 players, rather than recent unlimited count.
  • Changed: Ear plugs: For pilots/crewmen, earplugs now further reduces volume from 40% to 20% by simulating wearing a cuffed headset/helmet.
  • Changed: Attempted 1 fix to solve blank names appearing
Configs - general: (mostly Gunther)
  • Added: Ammo: added laser guided rounds to mortars & more flares and smoke rounds
  • Changed: Infantry: Tweaked some running speeds
  • Changed: Damage: Reduced mortar damage drastically & increased splash damage (EDIT: Not for 3.16)
  • Changed: Damage: reduced CUP AT mine damage. Will disable vehicles but not destroy them
  • Fixed: SMAW and MAAWS trajectory & Zerod MAAWS optic scope to use the built in rangefinder
  • Changed: dust size increased, will linger longer but generally less particle counts
Configs - Particle Effects: (mostly Gunther)
  • Changed: effects for primarily mortar and smoke (Gunther)
  • Changed: reduced IED particle count significantly & changed colors, to make it more realistic
  • Changed: reduced hand grenade smoke, slightly increased smoke size (more effective with better FPS)
  • Changed: buffed mortar smoke
  • Changed: buffed helo brownout smoke effects, without adding particle count
Mission Developer Changes:
  • Added: Menus: Under Debug menu, added "Count editor objects" to output 2 sorted lists of object types and their count to the RPT log file & screen.

Intended to help identify: heavily used object types, excessive object usage.

• Fixed: Vehicle respawn vars: Default respawn time for APCs, Tanks and Helis wasn't set properly (Instant respawn in some missions)
  • Fixed: LHD: Script error when respawning on LHD (Also missions shouldn't need marker setPos for LHD spawns anymore)
  • Changed: Default Russian faction flag now comes with an eagle
  • Like 1

TacBF revision 3.17.0 has been released. (31 Dec 2015)

Good news. A v3.17.0 update has been completed and is now available for download by the usual methods.

This update focuses on various fixes from recent updates affecting game play. Thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports.

TacBF Team.

Download:

TacBF Downloader - updated.

Steam - updated.

WithSix - updated.

Armaholic - has been notified and will updated asap.

Change Log:

None yet. Details to be advised later. This update focused on various bug fixes.

• Like 1