dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Modification

We intend to create "Era's", basically you will find that you fight in different times from WW2 to Vietnam to Iraq etc, in this way we don't mix up the different types of warfare.

But most of the model's we will use from other addons created by much more experienced model and texture devs, we focus mainly on scripting and creating gamemodes, which is what we are more focused on.

Weapon eras sounds like a pretty cool feature. This mod is the best thing that has happened to Arma 3 for the group I play with. We were tired of playing boring, laggy gametypes. You guys have done a great job with the polish and performance of TacBF. I think the only annoyance we've had has been the keybind popups that happen every time you start a new match (please, how do you turn those off?) I hope more people take notice of this mod as it is one of the best I have seen so far.

Weapon eras sounds like a pretty cool feature. This mod is the best thing that has happened to Arma 3 for the group I play with. We were tired of playing boring, laggy gametypes. You guys have done a great job with the polish and performance of TacBF. I think the only annoyance we've had has been the keybind popups that happen every time you start a new match (please, how do you turn those off?) I hope more people take notice of this mod as it is one of the best I have seen so far.

Go to settings/game disable tutorial.

New update v3.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tacbf.png

you can find the BigD event here.

Please sign up if you want a reserved slot!

Thanks Kju :)

Thanks for sending us the updated release! :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Dr_Eyeball) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

4th SFG Are holding an official US event soon, Check it out here.

Thanks for the update, great mod! Now we just need to fill up the servers...

/KC

Excellent Mod, now please don't attack me with this question! My community has played this and love it we have around 20 each night playing. The 'Q' = is there a way to edit the Mod so we can have the option for 'third person' game play. We really enjoy first person in the smaller maps for COB but do like third person perspectives when playing the larger game modes. Sorry if this has been asked already, could not find it.

Currently no, but what I can do is propose it too our team and see what they say, Outlawed produced a good script for third person which I would be happy for you to use while playing third person mode.

This could only happen unofficially of course, officially we stick with first person all the way and if anyone wants to be an official hoster then first person it is, for us the discussion won't mainly be about this topic though.

It will mainly be about falsely advertising TacBF in a way that either gives new players the wrong impression of us or creates a "split" in our community (which it could), im obviously talking about youtube vids etc, to me the main thing here is finding a mutual ground to move forward on so let me take it back and discuss it privately and i'll see if I can get an answer.

Edit: Outlawed The Fourth Wall

Edited by Dale

Third person give unrealistic advantage in vanilla and it is not suitable for PvP because you can see over the wall and behind buildings without expose your self to the enemy sight or fire.

Also third person make handling with air or ground vehicles too easy and unrealistic same as impossible to sneak as engineer to the enemy vehicle and destroy it with satchels.

But there is out there one mod which removing people if they are out of the visual making third person to see only that what you can see without third person view.

We need to test this first to evaluate this mod and see then what we will do with third person view. Mod what Dale mention as well.

Edited by wormeaten

I've been having a problem where everytime I start a mission or join my clans server, it will immediately say mission completed and end the server. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

I've been having a problem where everytime I start a mission or join my clans server, it will immediately say mission completed and end the server. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Are you running the latest version of CBA?

Are you using official missions?

Are your server difficulty settings correct?

This Is most likely the problem. The mission will usually end within 30 seconds if the correct settings are not enabled/disabled, such as 3rd person and etc

Relavent thread here

Check the arma3profile part at the bottom.

When I get into a mission, 10 seconds in it says mission completete. Any help?

Currently no, but what I can do is propose it too our team and see what they say, Outlawed produced a good script for third person which I would be happy for you to use while playing third person mode.

This could only happen unofficially of course, officially we stick with first person all the way and if anyone wants to be an official hoster then first person it is, for us the discussion won't mainly be about this topic though.

It will mainly be about falsely advertising TacBF in a way that either gives new players the wrong impression of us or creates a "split" in our community (which it could), im obviously talking about youtube vids etc, to me the main thing here is finding a mutual ground to move forward on so let me take it back and discuss it privately and i'll see if I can get an answer.

Edit: Outlawed The Fourth Wall

If we can use this script then that would be great, PM me with details, We have a decent community and would like to promote your Mod..our community is based within Europe and we can easily fill the server with 20 plus :) naturally we would not want official status, please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers Tango.....

When I get into a mission, 10 seconds in it says mission completete. Any help?

It's annoying, but any time you are not playing on a TacBF server/game mode/mission, you need to disable the mod or that will happen.

Plus it'll automatically terminate the mission when the mission is incorrect (missing tacbf specific settings). Alternatively it might terminate because of wrong game settings.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

If you want to make your own mission using TacBF you can first start by reverse engineering some of The Iron Brits missions and mod pack, they use AI in their missions and mods.

10.03.2014 @ 20:00 - 23:00 CET (GMT+1) TacBF public event

View Time Zone conversion.

A3 game server: [TacBF v3.6] LAMA team EU No.1 UnOfficial | JSRS2.1 |PvP|

A3 server IP: 176.74.217.237:2302

Requirements: @cba_a3;@TacBF

Allowed mods: @JSRS2.1

TS3 server: ts3.fastline.cz:9987

TS3 backup server: ts3backup.fastline.cz:9987

Dont´t forget to update TacBF to 3.6 and cba_a3 to beta5 !

10.03.2014 @ 20:00 - 23:00 CET (GMT+1) TacBF public event

I love your enthusiasm, but you guys have a problem on your server with performance, around 40 players it starts to desync.

We will be having an official event soon which you can check out here.