dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Modification

@Wormeaten

Thanks for honest reply.

I will only add that Things that makes us comfortable doesn't means they are the right choice.

I also feel more comfortable with stock 4x (the friend above @Tremblay feels the same)

but the overall quality doesn't have to do with "Comfort" :)

@Wormeaten

Thanks for honest reply.

I will only add that Things that makes us comfortable doesn't means they are the right choice.

I also feel more comfortable with stock 4x (the friend above @Tremblay feels the same)

but the overall quality doesn't have to do with "Comfort" :)

The zoom value of the MRCO, RCO and ARCO is 6.81 by default. First we didn't change the default scope, because all the scopes were the same, but I changed that around to make the MRCO more like a 3* zoom scope. Personally I'm all for making the MRCO the go-to scope for most classes. The MRCO is pretty shit in close range, meaning that you'll either have to pick a CQB Optics or MRCO. Right now you often always pick and RCO, because it has the Collimator optics plus a nice 4x scope.

I'd like to hear what you mean with that last sentence; not sure what you mean.

More people = better battles in the sense of tactics, equipment and vehicle use.

On the other hand, if people don't coordinate it may become even worst!

More people = better battles in the sense of tactics, equipment and vehicle use.

I gave you rope; you did not hang yourself! ;-)

I suspect it will work like this: using the Squad and FireTeam order system (which puts clear, meaningful marks on the map) will allow us to have good, effective movement while having fun ... and that will in-form the activity of folk who just drop in haphazardly.

Depends on the people..., and arma people tend to know alot of the basics already.

Early days yet. As we learn the missions, and the system, squad leaders will step-up and leadership will win maps.

This is PvP, winning matters; losing hurts.

You will never get this from AI, never.

The big missions are yet to be won --easy to lose. Hard to win. In time, these maps will be a place of epic Victories.

Be a part of it. Join in, sign-up for events:

http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=919

Or just grab a rifle, join a squad and move towards the enemy.

It's that easy and that hard --like playing the harmonica.

Dammit..

Yesterday with pleasure i ve noticed 60+ players on same server.

Unfortunately neither the Performance binaries could hold the FPS from sinking below 15 for me..

Maybe another day..........

Dammit..

Yesterday with pleasure i ve noticed 60+ players on same server.

Unfortunately neither the Performance binaries could hold the FPS from sinking below 15 for me..

Maybe another day..........

Server fps with 60 people was about 30fps what is for server very good.

I think is time for new rig. I was in same shit even more moth ago.

I upgrade it to i5 4670k, R9 290 with ssd, 8GB 1600 DDR3 on MSI z87-g45 MB work perfect now.

On that 60 people server not dropping below 30fps on ultra settings.

I was in lot of questions about what to buy and this is best buy definitely. Only now you can get 780 for about same price as R9 290 so maybe just think about that.

Wow. This mod has pretty much all of the reasons why I was disappointed in vanilla pvp solved all in one place! Please tell me I can use JSRS with this?

Wow. This mod has pretty much all of the reasons why I was disappointed in vanilla pvp solved all in one place! Please tell me I can use JSRS with this?

In the official servers no, but unofficially yes.

In the official servers no, but unofficially yes.

Thanks for the reply. I just got it installed. Does anyone know what all the other 15 mods are that pop up in the expansions menu once you enable TacBF? Also, the only server that I can play on is the SEALZ. Thankfully JSRS is supported, only problem is no one is playing on it :(

Will there be more US servers in the future?

Does anyone know what all the other 15 mods are that pop up in the expansions menu once you enable TacBF?

How did you install TacBF? You should only see:

• Arma 3
  • Community Based Addons: A3 Beta
  • Tactical Battlefield

How did you install TacBF? You should only see:

• Arma 3
  • Community Based Addons: A3 Beta
  • Tactical Battlefield

I plopped the @TacBF into my Arma 3 root, then I started the game, went to configure -> expansions and enabled it. I restarted and it was enabled. However, whenever I go back to my expansion menu I see this:

b7ev55.jpg

Not quite 15 other mods...I know it doesn't hurt anything, I'm just wondering if I need to enable all of these as well.

Some advice please - have installed the mod but can't find any MP servers running it. What should I put in the mission/host filter?

Some advice please - have installed the mod but can't find any MP servers running it. What should I put in the mission/host filter?

under name of server just type: tacbf

This mod is great. Really enjoyed a few games that I have managed to get into... main issue... not enough players around.. This mod is worth checking out!

I have a similar problem with the ArmA3 MP server browser in that even if you specify "TacBF" as a Host filter, or any other string, it sometimes takes several refreshes for related servers to appear.

I originally thought this problem was server distance related as I've heard of other Australians with the problem seeing European/USA servers, but not from players in those countries. In addition the BigD Australian TacBF server seems to appear instantly.

However I can't even see my own home dedicated server running off my media centre without several refreshes.

I wonder if this problem is related to the Gamespy limitations and/or BIS moving to ArmA3 server browsing to the Steam interface.

I might also see what 'reporting ip' the BigD guys use.

Errr actually I am noticing the same issue, when i filter host for TacBF it only finds 1 or two for AU servers like BigD or something... Then when i filter for @TacBF i can find the Day0 AU server but basically the list rarely shows ALL servers. Something is majorly wrong with the whole server listing situation and that really doesn't help at all getting people in game.

Guys..

I have one more thing you might want to take under consideration.

Grass settings aka Clients Terrain Detail.

*We all know that grass in ArmA world hasn't been made for PvP.

Been Prone hides/seriously obstructs your visibility while opponent beyond render distance sees you "crystal clear".

*Another matter is ..players with not-so-powered PC's have huge impact.

(i.e if i only change Terrain Detail from Low->Normal it's a 10-12 FPS difference in stratis -and for every step up is -10plus)

I know with Grass settings from Normal and up game looks more beautiful..but the consequences are really more important imho.

I understand what you're saying but I simply can't agree on that. Please don't force the grass off.

I've had TacBF installed for a couple days now and I must say I'm a bit disappointed. Not because there is anything wrong with the mod, but because I haven't been able to play it yet. For the last couple of days all I've seen was this:

http://oi41.tinypic.com/30hwysg.jpg (120 kB)

Basically there is only one server where I have decent ping and wont get booted, and I haven't seen anyone playing on it yet. I've watched just about every video and can't wait to partake, we seriously need more players! I really don't want to see this thing fail before it even gets started - because Arma desperately needs a genuine PVP mode and this mod is just what the doctor ordered. King of the Hill doesn't cut it since 3rd person is an option (you either have to play in 3rd person or be at a serious disadvantage.)

Those are my frustrations right now, anyways.

The official server EU1 and EU2 don't have a ping limit set up, so you shoudn't get booted from there. Player numbers are indeed quite low unfortunately. Also keep in mind that this is a whole lot different than King of the Hill without 3rd person ;)

The official server EU1 and EU2 don't have a ping limit set up, so you shoudn't get booted from there. Player numbers are indeed quite low unfortunately. Also keep in mind that this is a whole lot different than King of the Hill without 3rd person ;)

That's why I love the concept of it :D. The developers of this mod "get it" so to speak. Having the option for 3rd person or 1st person is fine for PVE against the AI, but PVP is a whole other monster that has to keep certain aspects consistent. Being able to use 3rd person to look around corners is a game changer and single handed-ly cheapens the experience, objectively.

Basically there is only one server where I have decent ping and wont get booted, and I haven't seen anyone playing on it yet. I've watched just about every video and can't wait to partake, we seriously need more players! I really don't want to see this thing fail before it even gets started - because Arma desperately needs a genuine PVP mode and this mod is just what the doctor ordered. King of the Hill doesn't cut it since 3rd person is an option (you either have to play in 3rd person or be at a serious disadvantage.)

Those are my frustrations right now, anyways.

I use Play With Six as my server browser. I filter out DEV servers by check marking "Wrong Game Version" under "Hide" and put "tacbf" in the filter (under "Servers", far right side) and nothing else I slide the "Max Ping" slider all the way to the max. I think it will say "500ms". Refresh the servers. Usually there are at least 8 servers, sometimes 10 or more. Select the server you want to join by double clicking on it so it shows up in the server box in the far left column and click the big green "Join Server" button... PWS will automatically update/install any mods the server might require for you join.

I play from a small town on the west coast, USA, with DSL that is hardly better than dialup or wet string, especially when the weather is bad. I play on the EU servers with a 200+ ping and the game is as stable as if it were hosted a mile away. Don't be afraid to join a server with a higher ping (unless the server has a ping max set). Netcode is *not* one of Arma3's weak points. :)

I use Play With Six as my server browser. I filter out DEV servers by check marking "Wrong Game Version" under "Hide" and put "tacbf" in the filter (under "Servers", far right side) and nothing else I slide the "Max Ping" slider all the way to the max. I think it will say "500ms". Refresh the servers. Usually there are at least 8 servers, sometimes 10 or more. Select the server you want to join by double clicking on it so it shows up in the server box in the far left column and click the big green "Join Server" button... PWS will automatically update/install any mods the server might require for you join.

I play from a small town on the west coast, USA, with DSL that is hardly better than dialup or wet string, especially when the weather is bad. I play on the EU servers with a 200+ ping and the game is as stable as if it were hosted a mile away. Don't be afraid to join a server with a higher ping (unless the server has a ping max set). Netcode is *not* one of Arma3's weak points. :)

Thanks for the advice. I'll load up PWS and see if that helps find more servers.