dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Modification

Maybe release modules from you main mod as stand alone mods people can use elsewhere? Like the stuff cub1 is interested in.

this would be great , I would love to have working modules to use for the COOP and SP making

I tried to use the TB with a coop I created but it cause too many problems , it's clearly made for their PvP right now

PS: love you mod ! keep up the good work

Aye we will talk it over and see what we can do, its been noted and hopefully we can come up with a system which we can agree on, what you must remember is we don't want competitors using our mod set for their own devices.

Otherwise we do the work and they get the benefit, I think not :p, so for the moment we will discuss and maybe in the future we will release some items.

In regards to suppression that's Adanteh's mod so he can be the one to receive the questions for that :D, also TMR is up for grabs by anyone that wants it :) as its not ours to give away.

Aye we will talk it over and see what we can do, its been noted and hopefully we can come up with a system which we can agree on, what you must remember is we don't want competitors using our mod set for their own devices.

Otherwise we do the work and they get the benefit, I think not :p, so for the moment we will discuss and maybe in the future we will release some items.

In regards to suppression that's Adanteh's mod so he can be the one to receive the questions for that :D, also TMR is up for grabs by anyone that wants it :) as its not ours to give away.

the cool thing about your mod is that it's like an overhaul , in TB you find all the most requested features in a single package

You can build like a "small" ACE version for Arma III for SP/COOP where players download just your mod and have all the most requested features.

The problem right now is that you have to download up to 4 mods to have same results and is not easy to host coop that requires more than one mod

would be like a second TB brand version , just for COOP/SP and would be a success because Arma III right now lack an overhaul with all those needed features

So, where are all the servers with this mod running, honestly... I search and fine like ten of them. all empty, do people really not play PvP anymore?

I suppose it's not being played by people on your side of the globe. In my experience every evening EU time you can find a populated server.

Look up the SealZ guys. Not sure what they're up to nowadays, but I know they like PvP and they're from US time zone :)

We don't have intention to change ACE mod in ArmA 3. Ace mod for ArmA 3 wil be ACE mod and TacBF planing to be compatible with ACE so you will be able to enjoy both mods same time.

ACE is already set up some standards in ArmA and will be in ArmA 3 I hope. I don't know any news about it, and hope ACE Devs working hard on the ACE mod and we wish them good luck.

So, where are all the servers with this mod running, honestly... I search and fine like ten of them. all empty, do people really not play PvP anymore?

Take the day off from work and login about lunch time, and you'll find a server, sometimes two, that are full. That's about the only way you'll see this mod properly for a while.

Player counts are indeed quite low during US times right now unfortunately. Afternoon to around midnight for Europe is the most popular playtime right now which gives good numbers everyday. It really comes down to some Muricans just hopping in and playing though.

For RPs it seems either there is a huge delay between shooting them and them actually being destroyed, or that you need to shoot about 3 magazines into them to destroy them. Haven't had the time to test which one it is - To be safe I always just shoot 3 mags as I never have ammo issues anyway.

It's door number 2: a few magazines to destroy :) There's info in the in-game TacBF help in the Rally Point section.

Warm regards,

Swedge

TacBF really is what Arma3 MP was missing in my opinion; public PvP with good teamwork. The learning curve is a bit steep in the beginning so I wonder if we will see tutorials like in the previous iteration of this mod?

Anyway, now the mod needs more players and bug fixing. How about more tiny missions (or whatnot gungame missions) to start servers?

Edited by Atkins.A

the cool thing about your mod is that it's like an overhaul , in TB you find all the most requested features in a single package

^ this the mod is really well done... god damn logistics are sexay :p

Anyway just adding my +1 for a module system that can work with COOP, etc. For fun I mashed together TacBF with ALiVE and while some stuff didn't work.... for the rest...

** mind blown **

There is 1 server running TacBF + JSRS 2.0 if someone wants to try that out.

I really like TacBF team cos they allow ppl to set up servers with different mods.

Now I am just waiting for a TacBF + Inv44 + midrangeterrainfix + Blastcore + JSRS2 :)

Edited by Atkins.A

I also created TacBF server which is located in EU (Czech republic) with JSRS2.0 allowed. Feel free to join and have fun :)

b_560_95_1.png

Organized Get Together

Saturday 12/21 1:00 PM EST

=SEALZ= Server / =SEALZ= Teamspeak: 64.74.97.87

Due to my work schedule its hard to find a populated tactical battlefield server. So, I've decided to try to setup a organized get together on a Saturday at 1:00 pm est. This get together will be hosted on the =SEALZ= Server and teamspeak and everyone is welcomed. We will decide on what map to play on teamspeak 10-20mins before the battle. We won't require people join teamspeak and the server will not be passworded, but we would like you to come on teamspeak for a better gaming experience.

If your interested in playing post here or just show up.

I post this here so that ppl would be aware of it. I am not the one organizing this.

For EU ppl: the time will be 18:00 (6pm) GMT.

I also created TacBF server which is located in EU (Czech republic) with JSRS2.0 allowed. Feel free to join and have fun :)

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/176.74.217.237:2302/b_560_95_1.png

People please understand that this is an unofficial server and therefore not a part of the TacBF experience, we currently have not confirmed any other mods apart from CBA A3, TMR and Adanteh's suppression script.

@ Dale: Yes, you are right, our server is "unofficial TacBF" but everything is untouched and was set up as official TacBF servers are, only JSRS2.0 is allowed. ;)

Thanks for your work on TacBF, it is the best PvP mod IMO. :)

from the looks of it it looks good but why is my gear getting removed constantly it says it the wrong faction but it's the default gear also i cant make the squad and interaction key work

Are you sure you have the right version? Also you might want to set up the User Action keys before joining a server. I remember there were problems before where it wouldn't save the keys when inside a server.

I honestly love this for my unit ;-; Its uh..pretty great at how its made ARMA 3 a bit better IMP