dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Modification

Theres no way to fix that with a midrange texture set. At least not before BIS integrates my suggestion. But...I guess that will never happen.

However airports make for about what...5% of the game? Its a big improvement over the rest 95%.

Besides that the mod I am working on resovles that problem to a degree since it improves the resolution by such an amount that a new midrange texture is not especially needed anymore.

On the other hand: Even the vanilla texture blends over the airport roads. It has just so few details that you dont recognize it.

I would love to talk to you about midtex NordKindchen, come on over to our forums or come on TS to have a chat.

With regard to JSRS and Blastcore ... we will use them when they are ready.

MidTex would have to be forced for everybody or those using it will have a disadvantage. JSRS and Blastcore IDK could be optional allowed mods but would have to try both first. Really looking forward to these.

ACRE will also be supported once officially release for A3.

Please no blastcore. Fancy effects are cool, but I value my FPS over shiny smoke in a PvP mod. I also strongly believe that there shouldn't be any optional mods in PvP. Either everyone uses it, or no one.

Midrange texture are a disadvantage for the user. It becomes harder for them to see people.

Not the other way around.

Isn't that the point, though? As it stands, enemy players are highlighted against the vanilla ground textures, even at night. I shouldn't be able to see a ghillie-suited soldier lying in the tall grass 700M away.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your comment?

---------- Post added at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

I also strongly believe that there shouldn't be any optional mods in PvP. Either everyone uses it, or no one.

Fully agree!

I would love to talk to you about midtex NordKindchen, come on over to our forums or come on TS to have a chat.

With regard to JSRS and Blastcore ... we will use them when they are ready.

MidTex would have to be forced for everybody or those using it will have a disadvantage. JSRS and Blastcore IDK could be optional allowed mods but would have to try both first. Really looking forward to these.

ACRE will also be supported once officially release for A3.

why not use taskforce radio intead? It's even more simpler then acre and works well, with big amount of players. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio

Either everyone uses it, or no one.

I don't think I could have it any other way either mate, thats why we need to test it over and over again, blactcore and JSRS will be looked into as will a lot of other mods.

But we won't be allowing one person to use it another not, there will be advantages and disadvantages to using the mod, you can't expect good PvP when each persons situation is different.

It also means each person coming into the mod will have different experiences, which goes against our principle of official = 1 experience shared by many.

why not use taskforce radio intead? It's even more simpler then acre and works well, with big amount of players. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio

We will think about it, but we've got certain things we must do before we implement any other mod and that is a lot, if you want ACRE or Taskforce Radio then definitely set up an unofficial server and go for it.

Maybe we will implement it a couple months down the line (MAYBE), but if thats all you want in PvP then sorry but it's no where near first priority on our list yet, if people keep harping on about it you will just go unanswered soon as you have your answers.

Edited by Dale

yep i see, btw thanks for your team, allowing to host your mod anyone who wishes, i'll try to convice a3rc group to set up a server anytime soon, the seems to like it so far.

yep i see, btw thanks for your team, allowing to host your mod anyone who wishes, i'll try to convice a3rc group to set up a server anytime soon, the seems to like it so far.

Thats great :) I will come join you on your server when you get ACRE on there, I am still waiting for an unofficial server to get ACRE up and running comfortably, unofficial servers are very important to me btw, they break through new boundaries and show us whats possible!

So don't think unofficial means unnoticed :p

Isn't that the point, though? As it stands, enemy players are highlighted against the vanilla ground textures, even at night. I shouldn't be able to see a ghillie-suited soldier lying in the tall grass 700M away.

Nope, you shouldn't. But as is grass doesn't render past a 100m or so, so everybody stands out anyway. It's a vanilla limitation with no easy fix.

I would just disable grass as it hardly adds anything save for the really close combat.

More good times to be had last night with some epic battles. I'm shaking the "TacBF" pom poms in the face of anyone who will listen. I can't understand playing wasteland over this, TacBF just so much better in every way.

one thing though: it seem like in the evening, there are plenty of players from US and Canada but people are still using the German based server? Then it just gets vacated at about 10pm pacific time. I wish we could start up on the US server (offgaming) and keep the good times rolling.

T

More good times to be had last night with some epic battles. I'm shaking the "TacBF" pom poms in the face of anyone who will listen. I can't understand playing wasteland over this, TacBF just so much better in every way.

one thing though: it seem like in the evening, there are plenty of players from US and Canada but people are still using the German based server? Then it just gets vacated at about 10pm pacific time. I wish we could start up on the US server (offgaming) and keep the good times rolling.

T

Where's your TacBF forum sig fanboi maggot. --not a question.

Seriously tho, don't sweat a high ping to play a populated server.

If the connection is steady & your not being dropped by the server, good to go.

Long-term, supporting a US server is important to grow the mod into the west coast.

Saw a US server today...,[edit: off server] 47ping from east coast..., may need to hang there more.

Good Luck (fanboi)

Edited by Ratszo

No populated servers? Or am I just doing something wrong in sorting for the TacBF servers?

No populated servers? Or am I just doing something wrong in sorting for the TacBF servers?

It's 4am in Europe on a weeknight, and late for most Americans for a weeknight too.

Right now the server are still quite dependent on us Europeans playing, that means during the week they empty up quite early. Even then, I don't think it matters all so much. There is still plenty of work to be done and if people want to check it out, but not play it all the time because it's not quite there yet that's completely understandable.

Most US guys aren't going to see the same action everyone sees from EU. There's only once been a US server with some activity that I've seen, and it only reached like 15 dudes. Anything else happens in Europe, and ends at about 8-10 PM EST. Sometimes the euro games will drag on till maybe midnight or 1 AM, but never with more than 12-15 dudes on maps built for 80.

We're having another go at hosting with ACRE, tomorrow night (Friday) a couple of clans are going to give it a stress test.

Any way to destroy enemy's RP?

Shoot them. They're pretty flammable.

I'm on the east coast (EST timezone) and you can play some decently populated games (30 players +) untill around 8-9pm.

Is there any way I can join up? I have lots of experience with ACRE and would love to help. ACRE is the only real thing missing from this mod for me.

Is there any way I can join up? I have lots of experience with ACRE and would love to help. ACRE is the only real thing missing from this mod for me.

Yes. TB is community friendly mod with best communication and involvement of community in developing.

Yes for ACRE too. We are planing to use ACRE in some way definitely, we even have build in TB mod ACRE overlay so you could see name tag who is speaking.

Only problem right now is ACRE it self is not finalized and for public servers use is hard to force it. I don't know is it some scripts to make it possible to force it or do something similar like PRBf2 with mumble.

For now ACRE will be used in organized or closed events where we can force it for all players.

On public servers problem is in communication and this mod is highly depend on good communication between squads and coordination of movement. If you don't have good communication you are in half way to lose round.

Yes I will like ACRE to be used and standard in TB but this is more depend on ACRE then on us in this moment. If you have some ideas about it you are more than welcome just join the TB forum.

Cheers m8.

---------- Post added at 03:32 ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 ----------

We're having another go at hosting with ACRE, tomorrow night (Friday) a couple of clans are going to give it a stress test.

Am I invited?

As Dev I'm interested how this will work.