dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Modification

Everything worked fine from the get go for me though Im coming in from a full fresh windows/arma install.

Overall: I really like it and I think you've brought me back to MP Arma. Only issue is godnabit people need to speak up! It's like an aspegers clinic in there and kind of kills the feeling of unit cohesion, chain of command when you've got silent ghosts all around acting without regard for the unit. Ah well, maybe I need to try at different times...

Everything worked fine from the get go for me though Im coming in from a full fresh windows/arma install.

Overall: I really like it and I think you've brought me back to MP Arma. Only issue is godnabit people need to speak up! It's like an aspegers clinic in there and kind of kills the feeling of unit cohesion, chain of command when you've got silent ghosts all around acting without regard for the unit. Ah well, maybe I need to try at different times...

It's one of those things we are trying to coerce people to do, but it does take time unfortunately, you will find times when people don't talk.

I usually just stand up and start hollering at people, get them to do what I want, but that's me haha :D.

Well Im pretty new so I wasn't sure if they already (my squad)had an established plan or they were also newbs just waiting for someone to take command.

So I cautiously approached an area in which 3 Blufor vehicles had decided to unload their troops near a few houses. I had good elevation, and sights on them from a rock outcropping maybe 300m out. Next thing i noticed that my squaddies had appeared on my perimeter -"awesome" I thought, "How will we go about dismantling this little Blufor unloading party". By my guys haphazardly just deciding to open open large volume, machinegun fire giving away or location :/

Really craving cohesive squad command and execution with guys verbally confirming what their doing.

Well Im pretty new so I wasn't sure if they already (my squad)had an established plan or they were also newbs just waiting for someone to take command.

Ask! If no one is talking, maybe try another squad or, if you are up to it, ask to take control as SL or start a new squad and invite a few others to join. You definitely have the right attitude, so stick with it - the mod is still very young, and it will take a little time to build a solid player base.

Couldn't play properly on the (little) free time I had this weekend. Friday got stuck at the server browser, game lobby and loading screen - multiple times. Servers were full so that may explain it.

Saturday I managed to join a server running a mission on Stratis and right before the combat started the server crashed :(

Later I couldn't find a populated server (timezones I guess).

Happens. No doubt problems will be sorted out - both by modders\servers and mainly BI - and the mod will be successful as it matches with Arma way of doing things.

I like the medic system but^^ we could drop grenade when we are inconcious ... and boom the death:o:

Played about 2 hours yesterday,

This is the most intense fun I've had on ARMA 3 since alpha release, (and I've put in many hours). Hats off to an excellent mission/mod. :yay:

If you are reading this post and in a state of slight boredom and hopelessness with the current state of Arma 3 multiplayer: >> Tactical Battlefield is the Salvation. It's how I always thought ARMA was supposed to be played.

Side note:

As someone mentioned earlier: would love to see some mid range texture additions if possible.

Also had troubles with final loading hang ups / crash between rounds.

T

The very slow mission loading and freezing is being looked into. The problem is that we haven't found a pattern in the occurrence though. Some missions load perfectly every time, while others don't. We haven't figured out what the exact cause is, but there are some pointers.

Played about 2 hours yesterday,

This is the most intense fun I've had on ARMA 3 since alpha release, (and I've put in many hours). Hats off to an excellent mission/mod. :yay:

If you are reading this post and in a state of slight boredom and hopelessness with the current state of Arma 3 multiplayer: >> Tactical Battlefield is the Salvation. It's how I always thought ARMA was supposed to be played.

Side note:

As someone mentioned earlier: would love to see some mid range texture additions if possible.

Also had troubles with final loading hang ups / crash between rounds.

T

Had a long session yesterday too.

Once a new mission is d/l'ed, it's stored in /mpmissioncache so a quick load next time.

Can d/l the mission pack to paste in /mpmissioncache so you got'em all.

Were you playing opfor? Thought we had you guys til you mauled us at connor.

Had a long session yesterday too.

Once a new mission is d/l'ed, it's stored in /mpmissioncache so a quick load next time.

Can d/l the mission pack to paste in /mpmissioncache so you got'em all.

Were you playing opfor? Thought we had you guys til you mauled us at connor.

Ahh that makes sense about the mission pack downloading, I bet thats what it was, maybe it didn't crash it was just the mission downloading and it looked like it was stuck on the final screen before entering the game.

Hehe yeah I was playing for opfor, epic good times! Love the immersion.

@ Alpha Whiskey Romeo

Not much we can do without more info. We haven't had a lot of complaints about people not being able to join. We do see people trying to join from time to time who forgot to install CBA which is needed to run TacBF. It's also possible you joined a unofficial server which doesn't have the right configs. My first suggestion would be to read this TacBF installation guide to make sure you have it installed correctly and if you're still having problems we usually have people on TS ready to help those who are having issues.

There ya go.

http://youtu.be/UZk5MyeJSwQ

I was playing this on the RGG server tonight. It started out on a bad omen with the game crashing (physx.dll, nothing new for me). But then I rejoined and was playing alongside Dale, even managed to get me some kills. I think its a really good mod, just a shame the netcode isn't quite up to it. (I talked to Dale about a few other things as well).

Keep up the good work guys!

Thats still not very useful, youtubing a broken kettle will yield the same results I believe, says nothing towards the actual issue other than kettle is brokie.

What we need are RPT files, CBA version, Arma 3 version (dev or stable), previous mod usage, computer info.

The more information you can give us the better.

Also have you gone onto our TS to talk to the lads? if you can correlate your joining and they watch it they can also (possibly)figure out what the issue is.

Till then im going to send you videos of broken things and you have to guess how to fix it (just messing with ya :D).

Nice meeting you Dan, you shouldn't tell anyone our secret okay, if anyone finds out they may think your crazy :yay:

There ya go.

Seems wiered you checked your rpt. file?

It should be located at C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

There ya go.

According to your video your Tactical Battlefield mod is not properly installed or lunched.

There is no TacBf icon near CBA icon on right side of your main screen and on the bottom right say only CBA is installed.

In expansions where you pointed should say Tactical Battlefield and you should see logo same as for CBA but you have TacBf without logo so or mod is not good installed or you didn't run it properly.

Your Extensions just showing you have TacBf mod folder but is it properly installed or run.

1. How do you run the mod?

2. what is conntent of your @TacBf folder?

This is so important for me too.

Your mod is a way towards the Arma that I am looking for.

But JSRS and Blastcore and a midrange replacement addon is something that is a must have too.

Regarding Blastcore and JSRS - they should not be forced but allowed seeing as a sound replacement is no advantage and blastcore made sure he wont increase smoke effects for smoke grenades.

This is so important in the long run.

Also I dont know if you are aware of my Midrange replacement addon that is in development, but I hereby offer you the oportunity of a midrange replacement specifically for your used maps. I could make sure that the used terrain is covered and blends over into the unsused at distance.

As obvious this would not only add a lot to the game graphic wise but also in terms of camouflage.

Best regards

Midrange replacement addon...

As obvious this would not only add a lot to the game graphic wise but also in terms of camouflage.

Can't agree more.

While JSRS and Blastcore are totally changing the "feeling" (which is absolutely GOOD!)..the Midrange Texture replacement will change the "tactics" dramatically (for the best i believe)

Please consider the above :)

Now that I got some good rounds on it I have to say: Kudos and thank you for that! Didn't had any time of problems I had before, so thats good.

Now have to teach people how to play it on the player level and on TEAM level; Last round got people going back and forth on the same points because nodoby was defending it, just running for next attack objective. Just a matter of time and people willing to help on this front. As a BF2 and A2 PR vet, I'll make sure to do my part on it ;)

Good thing this was released so close to the game launch, probably will atract people attention as this is a good example of what Arma is good at.

Radio channels are hardcoded right? It gets messy with so many and anyone able to talk on them.

Had great time playing tonight! Also agree on the above mods which would really just put this whole experience over the top.

JSRS and Blastcore need to be thoroughly tested first lads, I have no idea what kind of effects they will have on the server or client, and we won't allow for just client side mods it's got to be forced for everyone.

So for now weve got to wait as with all other mods.

Mid Range texture we could take a look at but it's got to be flawless, as something like this must have the right feel and not alter the feel of the map to a degree that its an unfair advantage etc.

I like the medic system but^^ we could drop grenade when we are unconscious ... and boom the death:o:

It's a known problem. Unfortunately, to fix the unconscious state properly, we're waiting (and hoping) for BIS to fix the setUnconscious (#5513) scripting command for A3. It has been broken since A3 alpha was released. Unless there is some new method to achieve everything that command used to do.

Midrange texture are a disadvantage for the user. It becomes harder for them to see people.

Not the other way around.

Just chiming in to say thank you!

This mod is really what ARMA MP needs IMHO.

Keep it up, great work so far!

Cheers,

Crusader

p.s.

Agree with Nordkindchen, there are many great mods in the making, changing ARMA for the better, plz consider adding them to the list of allowed mods when they r done!

Midrange texture are a disadvantage for the user. It becomes harder for them to see people.

Not the other way around.

Midrange texture mods still have problems for example in airfields or has that been fixed recently?