dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Modification

I just got to jump on for about 15 minutes earlier today but it looks good so far. Very PR like! Also had a group leader who was an admin for one of the servers that was very helpful and was about teaching the features of the game. Need more like him to push this awesome mod to its potential!

We are getting four error messages when launching stating unsuitable pvp conditions.

deathmessages

hud

netstats

weapon cursors

Anyone know how to help?

Check the arma3profile section in the server setup guide below. Note that all difficulties levels are set to the same thing to avoid a voted admin from selecting recruit during mission setup screen.

http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=343

Just got off after playing for a few hours, absolutely amazing! Can't wait until the cap time scaling issues are fixed, would like to play more than that one AAS map :V

Well missions can be a bit lenghty but I think that's the sharm of it, sometimes you can be down with only 1 flag left but still be able to make a comeback. I enjoyed killing all BlueFor today, and I'm gone do the same tomorrow. Seems like now that people got their mod fixed and peopled stoped reconnecting the whole time desync decreeseda lot too.

played right now on eu1 i think, we had a group leader who was doing commanding and people following his orders, finally some teamwotk on public servers, altought, opfor seems not do much of teamwork like bluefor does. Had nice battle for highest hill near Kavala, where FIA occupied it and were shooting down our FOB, was really cool to watch a group of soldiers succesful assaulting on it, watching all that through my marksman scope :) Would recommend everyone to do teamwork, then just lonewolf like on most public servers for maximum enjoyment.

I want to enjoy this game but Im finding it quite difficult just to orient myself.

Hi mate,

As Dale said, if you come find me in-game I will go out of my way to come help you setup your keys and figure out armaments etc. Just give a yell :)

If you connect to an empty server you can have a play with your settings, refer to in-game help from the Map, and fool around with the bits and pieces and get them squared away. Feel free to visit www.tacticalbattlefield.net forums and ask any questions.

Have a good one :)

Warm regards,

Swedge

The initial learning curve is quite steep indeed. Even for arma vets. The very very basic information you want to know at the start you can find here: www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=614 Just go into a server open up that guide and you'll understand most of it real quick. At lot more help is avaible through the map ingame.

It's always complicated to put yourself back into the shoes of a new player. Everyone talking about FO this, RP that. Meanwhile you're still figuring out how to select a role. You'll get the hang of it eventually though and realize there's a reason it's so complicated at the start.

this is huge. hope to see a upswell in users playing pvp (ill be there). excellent work guys!

Thanks guys, we have identified some bugs but please post your bug report on the TB forums. Performance wasn't the best but once the servers stopped being hammered by misconfigured clients it settled in.

I haven't gotten the chance to play much today due to the release coinciding with something I couldn't get out of. Sat on the server for a little bit and everything seemed to be working, although I will probably post a few usability suggestions from a new player perspective. Still very interested and hope to see the servers populated a lot in the near future so I can get my hands dirt with this.

To choose a new role, run over to the weapon crates and hit the left/right Windows key (by default). You use this button to interact with everything, instead of using the scroll menu.

Hit the app menu button and join a squad through the squad management button.

Just wanted to say thanks to the guys at TacBF. Only had enough time to play a couple hours of the game. Kinda steep learning curve but once you get it down its a lot of fun.

Hey guys thank you everyone for being so patient yesterday, hopefully everything has calmed down :), not so many join/discons etc.

We are really looking forward to seeing you ingame and if you need help just go and attack swedge :P.

Thanks for submitting the page on Armaholic and providing a password free archive :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

May I make a suggestion? For the name tags and stuff over peoples head change it over to visiblePosition. I say this because I notice (without digging around) the tags are choppy. Switching to visiblePosition will make them smooth :)

i get confused when i join these servers.

you start at the base which is cool but all i really see is people just running around?

no vehicles to really get you to the battlefield :( even thats a bit of a distance.

is it because when people take the vehicles they just stay there because they are not blown up?

cant there be a script where the amount of time not used the vehicle spawns back at base?

another suggestion would be able to spawn on the designated group leader (if you are in one)

You can spawn on FO's and RP's that your team deploy, if they don't exist then you need to leave from Mainbase via vehicle\helo\foot. AFAIK will not be having a group leader spawn.

BTW vehicles do despawn if left unattended, the vehicle will only despawn if left outside a certain radius of players for a determined amount of time.

Edited by Hurtz72

i get confused when i join these servers.

you start at the base which is cool but all i really see is people just running around?

no vehicles to really get you to the battlefield :( even thats a bit of a distance.

is it because when people take the vehicles they just stay there because they are not blown up?

cant there be a script where the amount of time not used the vehicle spawns back at base?

another suggestion would be able to spawn on the designated group leader (if you are in one)

At least you can get in game. The server, no matter which one, just drops me back to the browser.

At least you can get in game. The server, no matter which one, just drops me back to the browser.

same here, sadly. i got kicked from all of them. it's weird. they are also shown red and not green or yellow. i tried every combination but still couldn't get on any server. is there something obvious i'm missing?

hmm they shouldn't be shown as red :(, come on our TS at 85.25.99.104 and ill help you out mate :)

You guys know what would be nice? A gameplay series on youtube=)

Not kidding - would really get this to more players!

Greetz!