dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Modification

tblogo2_zps0619e205.png

Introduction

Today (7 Dec 2013) I am proud to announce the release of Tactical Battlefield (TacBF). This mod introduces new Team vs Team (aka Player vs Player) game play features to Arma 3 with gritty new game modes, missions within a standardised environment and consistent rules. Tactical Battlefield takes teamwork and tactics to a new level. TacBF has been under development on different versions of the ARMA engine for around 7 years and is brought to you by me (Dr Eyeball) and Wormeaten, with the support of 12thmechanised.com and the Regiment of the Grenadier Guards [RGG] Arma communities.

Latest Tactical Battlefield mod download mirrors: <www.tacbf.com/dl>

All Change Logs, (including change log for latest release), can be viewed from: <Change Logs Index>.

Visit http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/ for more information and to join the discussion.

Features:

1. Community- Tactical Battlefield already has an established community of players who regularly play, communicate, and coordinate together in teams, sharing tactics, support, and resources and doing everything they can to shoot, kill, and blow each other up in nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat, gritty combat!
  2. Missions - around 20x Team vs Team multiplayer missions ranging in size from Tiny to Huge, with specially-designed main bases and in-built mission voting feature.
  3. Game modes
    • Advance and Secure (A&S) - Both sides fight tooth-and-nail to dominate objectives in this dynamic and challenging game mode, or until the enemy is worn down to the nub and their 'tickets' run out.
    • Attack and Defend (A&D) - Like A&S, but one side is on the Defensive and occupies key positions while the other side Attacks. Lost objectives can never be re-captured. Failure to capture a single objective by the attacking team will result in defeat.
    • Search and Destroy (S&D) - Gather intel (documents & maps) by searching bodies, seek out and destroy Resistance weapons caches amidst suicide-bombers and Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Devices (VBIED).
  4. Roles - Teamwork-focused gear restrictions with pre-configured but customisable loadouts, including Squad Leader, Medic, Engineer, Light Anti-Tank, Heavy Anti-Tank, Marksman, Sniper, Crewman, Pilot etc. Say goodbye to AT Sniper Pilots!
MoUuKuVl.jpg
  1. Weapon resting - Reduced muzzle climb and deploy bi-pods via our customized TMR code.

uNoYwWQl.jpg

1. Suppression effect - By suppressing your enemy with accurate fire, he will temporarily experience gradual shake and vision blur, enabling realistic infantry tactics for suppression fire and assault elements. This code is exclusive, has been developed specifically for Tactical Battlefield, and has been tested, tweaked, and approved by about 40 testers.

1qcKi7i.jpg

1. Wind effects on ballistics - Marksmanship is now a real skill with support for the server-side VTS ballistics addon.

[img.]http://i.imgur.com/76GwKvPl.jpg[/img.]

1. Squad Management and map features - Join or create a Squad with a customised call-sign, and recruit new members. Toggle player name-tags. Designate fire teams and leaders and coordinate with other Squads. With special map features, assign orders, report enemy, request support.

HolhDR3l.png

1. Logistics - Transporting assets using the cargo system, eg. loading containers into towed trailers.

YkYgEDwl.png

1. Outposts and respawns - Deploy a respawn point or build your own fortified Forward Outposts with Hesco barriers, barbed wire and mounted weapons.

Hl1tjR7l.jpg

1. Advanced Medical - Includes diagnosis, CPR, Adrenaline auto-injectors, morphine and bandages.

DzkrbhOl.png

1. Vehicle Maintenance System - Rearm, repair and refuel APCs, tanks, helicopters, and planes.

bf3RjNyl.jpg

Thank you for your support

As lead developer, I would like to thank everyone who worked on this mod or provided permission to incorporate their work. Special thanks to the TacBF Team who provided endless hours of testing, change reports, suggestions, administration and infrastructure organisation and all our forum members. Also a big thanks to the wider Arma 3 community for their interest and feedback, and of course Bohemia Interactive.

What are the upcoming plans for Tactical Battlefield?

Prepare next mission pack, enhance existing plus introduce new systems and features, finalise Commander System integration, introduce new game modes, add support for ACRE, ACE, All in Arma and 3rd party addons, plus more.

Development and Contributions by

• Dr Eyeball - ICE/TB systems coding, AAS code fixes and improvements, configs, images, some basic models, imports.
  • Coolbox - original AAS system code
  • Wormeaten - original SAAS extensions, design, organisation
  • DMC - models (the good ones)
  • Norrin - original sling load base code
  • mad rabbit - coding tasks
  • Adanteh - Suppression system, NVG adjustment, general coding.
  • Taosenai - allowing us to include TMR addon
  • Galzohar - allowing us to include @galz_wind_ballistics addon
  • KDK - allowing us to include vehicle textures from blu_mohawk addon.
  • Leon - UI menu/icon graphics
  • Swedge - Help manual
  • TacBF team members - missions, servers, forums, plus numerous hours of testing, suggestions and organisation
  • countless others in the community who have contributed: missions, advice, code sections or other assistance

Special credits to:

• Dale, Hurtz and Adanteh - for organisation and management of forums and servers.
  • Gunther - for management and hosting of servers.

Looking forward to the next phase of this project. For more information please visit http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/

Sincerely,

Dr_Eyeball

• Like 1

tenouttaten

i like the radial menu

Edited by dezkit

Password is posted on the download page. So just press the download link in the first post.

Congrats on the release, also available on the withSIX network!

2qlh85u.png

http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods/tacbf

Enjoy!

Perhaps I may interest you also to submit the mission to the ARMA-3 Missions section, to gain additional exposure :)

http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/missions (getting-started, announcement)

Edited by Sickboy

We are getting four error messages when launching stating unsuitable pvp conditions.

deathmessages

hud

netstats

weapon cursors

Anyone know how to help?

^ Kinda in the title. Unsuitable PvP conditions. TacBaf has a certain difficulty setting to enhance gameplay and remove 'cheating' in PvP such as 3rd person looking round walls etc - I'm a fan of 3rd in co-op but not pvp so this is a good thing I think. You have to play with the TacBaf settings.

Loving this mod, I've only been able to play for an hour or so but it's so much better than I hoped it would be and I'll definitely be back for more!

i cant join any servers???

when i try to join it says "you were kicked"

im on stable branch, using PWS, CBA enabled... whats going on?

We are running the default settings and put the difficulty to elite and we're still getting the error messages.

i cant join any servers???

when i try to join it says "you were kicked"

im on stable branch, using PWS, CBA enabled... whats going on?

Some servers seem to be running additional mods, PwS detects them and enables them if found, perhaps the servers don't accept the keys for these though.

Can temporary disable "Include server mods" in game settings, or otherwise launch without having a server selected.

Could that be whats going on for you? If so, will look into a full solution.

Edited by Sickboy

servers needs a lot of optimization, it's unplayble with 30/40+ people

most populaated servers i tried today, had lots of lag, even when fps seems ok. Either thatst mods causing them or bad mission optimitazion, maybe weak server network. Still at least something cool PR a like.

@sickboy,

i made a new collection and simply added

- tacbf

- vts

- cba a3

i can join through the game itself no problem mate, just not pws unfortunatly

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

i also keep getting a red de-sync chain :(

optimization needed!

@sickboy,

i made a new collection and simply added

- tacbf

- vts

- cba a3

i can join through the game itself no problem mate, just not pws unfortunatly

VTS is only supported server-side probably, use the workarounds as posted.

(Also, only need @TacBF in the collection, @CBA_A3 is auto added, no other addons allowed afaik)

Edited by Sickboy

can i give you the first impression of a new player to the Arma series who downloaded and tried the mod tonight? One word: baffled.

The messages that came up about binding keys in custom menus was the first thing. Because they appeared as the game had just loaded, I thought they were bug-related messages so ignored em. Had to ask in game and was told what they meant.

When loaded up the game ans chose bluefor/opfor, was expecting to be able to pick a role but every slot said rifleman. Now, I saw people with various weapons running around but could not figure out how they got them and nobody responded to requests for help via chat. I did check the crates but I had guessed that the whole point of a role menu would make Specs redundant yes?

Proceeded to game - S&D. Too many markers on the map - regrup here, there, everywhere, x here. x there, finally figured out that the red circle meant the objective which was an ammo cache. Spent a while getting there, it got destroyed, no contact with opfor, same again few minutes later. never got near an ammo cache.

Now, I know that those who are familiar with the series and the the mod will be rolling their eyes in disgust at the ignorance of this post, but please can the mod makers make the interface and the game mechanics a bit more transparent for new guys? I want to enjoy this game but Im finding it quite difficult just to orient myself. Its being touted as an easy, accessible way for players to get to grips with pvp but i just dont feel that it is. Vanilla King of the Hill is far simpler although the TDM nature of it is dull and disjointed.

very long post

Don't disqualify yourself mate. Been playing the series since it's birth, it's easy to be blind about stuff like this, but you do have a valid point. A more obvious documentation would be very welcome.

can i give you the first impression of a new player to the Arma series who downloaded and tried the mod tonight? One word: baffled.

The messages that came up about binding keys in custom menus was the first thing. Because they appeared as the game had just loaded, I thought they were bug-related messages so ignored em. Had to ask in game and was told what they meant.

When loaded up the game ans chose bluefor/opfor, was expecting to be able to pick a role but every slot said rifleman. Now, I saw people with various weapons running around but could not figure out how they got them and nobody responded to requests for help via chat. I did check the crates but I had guessed that the whole point of a role menu would make Specs redundant yes?

Proceeded to game - S&D. Too many markers on the map - regrup here, there, everywhere, x here. x there, finally figured out that the red circle meant the objective which was an ammo cache. Spent a while getting there, it got destroyed, no contact with opfor, same again few minutes later. never got near an ammo cache.

Now, I know that those who are familiar with the series and the the mod will be rolling their eyes in disgust at the ignorance of this post, but please can the mod makers make the interface and the game mechanics a bit more transparent for new guys? I want to enjoy this game but Im finding it quite difficult just to orient myself. Its being touted as an easy, accessible way for players to get to grips with pvp but i just dont feel that it is. Vanilla King of the Hill is far simpler although the TDM nature of it is dull and disjointed.

hey mate, I can tell you now that nobody is thinking you are ignorant, this mod is difficult to get to grips with you are very correct on that.

I think for me the best response I can give is give it time, although it looks disjointed you are joining at a time when everyone is learning (even vets), there is no way even I can get my head around some of the new factors that are involved such as player numbers (in beta 30 was the most we got).

Also we are looking for this kind of feedback, we want to know what you think so we can improve upon what we have, so in no way do I think your ideas are invalid due to experience (which none of us have right now i.e. new mod :P).

So sit tight, read a few threads and the ingame manual which you can find when you press map, play away and don't care about getting it wrong (I certainly won't) and after a while if you still feel its not right start to post threads on what you want changed.

We will also get training sessions etc and you will find training champions around who have played as beta testers etc (swedge, mad rabbit, hurtz, contra, lyse and many more), part of the fun is that everyone is learning :).

Thanks for the gracious responses sofar, I hope you can tell that I'm not trying to whinge, rather just a bit frustrated and disapointed. What would be great and probably fairly easy to do would be if someone (ie.e one of the modders0 would make a video guide to the mod, with newbies like myself in mind. You know, a TacBF version of jester or Dyslecsi. That'd be really appreciated.

No problem mate, I will try to get on to starting our group doing that, we did have a series of videos in the works which will be released later on, its actually a blessing that persons such as yourself have come on and stated your mind in a positive way because although im sure you want to watch videos not everyone is.

So we need to make the mod more user friendly :)

No problem mate, I will try to get on to starting our group doing that, we did have a series of videos in the works which will be released later on, its actually a blessing that persons such as yourself have come on and stated your mind in a positive way because although im sure you want to watch videos not everyone is.

So we need to make the mod more user friendly :)

Might I just add that having friendly and approchable staff like yourself is a very, very, very good ground to build upon! It's a joy to see people act respectfull towards eachother.

Might I just add that having friendly and approchable staff like yourself is a very, very, very good ground to build upon! It's a joy to see people act respectfull towards eachother.

So much this. You guys make an incredible kindly impression! I am glad such a project is in the hand of guys like you.

Best regards!

Nice mod reminds me of PR, Layout and menu's seem solid and had a great game with a good squad looking forward to see how it expands over time, Main problem was FPS since there's no AI I'm surprised they where so low.