Sign in to follow this  
vampire613

Horrible SLI Performance GTX 770 4GB

My SLI performance is nothing short of horrible . I get around 8-15 fps rendering the game unplayable and it doens't fair much better on low settings... I heard Arma 3 supported SLI yet i'm getting insane microstuttering even in very small areas at 30 fps. My single GPU performance is lightyears better than SLI . What gives BI???

My SLI performance is nothing short of horrible . I get around 8-15 fps rendering the game unplayable and it doens't fair much better on low settings... I heard Arma 3 supported SLI yet i'm getting insane microstuttering even in very small areas at 30 fps. My single GPU performance is lightyears better than SLI . What gives BI???

I'm suffering the same problem on a single GTX 690. A lot of guys on this forum will say you are bullshitting, because SLI is "working" for some people (except for PiP flickering and some other issues). Do you happen to run multiple monitors btw?

Most likely you're playing a mission that has lots of stuff going on and that loads up your CPU. Nothing to do with SLI support. Remember, if the CPU is still busy calculating where objects should be in the next frame, it can't let the GPU render the next frame (well, it could, but the image would be the same as the previous frame so it would be rather pointless).

Try an SP mission without many units in a graphically intense area such as Kavala and see if you get better results. If yes, then it's the mission and/or your CPU - Your SLI/GPUs are working just fine!

There are benchmarks showing huge improvement for SLI over single card, so the graphical part is probably working just great.

Most likely you're playing a mission that has lots of stuff going on and that loads up your CPU. Nothing to do with SLI support. Remember, if the CPU is still busy calculating where objects should be in the next frame, it can't let the GPU render the next frame (well, it could, but the image would be the same as the previous frame so it would be rather pointless).

Try an SP mission without many units in a graphically intense area such as Kavala and see if you get better results. If yes, then it's the mission and/or your CPU - Your SLI/GPUs are working just fine!

There are benchmarks showing huge improvement for SLI over single card, so the graphical part is probably working just great.

He specifically stated that his single card performance was much better than SLI. Please read and think. Thanks.

I run with SLI, and in the beginning it was pretty pants performance, then I found that VSYNC turned off dramatically improved performance.

Check your Nvidia Control Panel settings and make sure there are no exceptions for arma3.exe in the settings (there are both global and game-dependent settings that override global settings). Eg. the power saving setting should be set to "Prefer Maximum Performance". Check also the power saving features of Windows (eg. select "Best Performance" or something like that in the Control Panel power settings and disable core parking if it's enabled).

do you have tried different nvdia drivers? Or a complete clean install (driver cleaner).

Please post your system specs, cpu etc.

I've run some tests in SP there is between 70-90% load on the GPU

in multiplayer there is only 1-14% load , its not even using my cards !!!!!

what is going on here?????

I've run some tests in SP there is between 70-90% load on the GPU

in multiplayer there is only 1-14% load , its not even using my cards !!!!!

what is going on here?????

There are literally dozens of threads that discus this very thing. Its a long standing issue with the engine that arma is based on.

But why won't BI say if they're going to adress it or not ?

I'm guessing not , since it's the exact same problem as Arma 2, but it would still be nice to know for certain, so i can just put this game aside.

I guess the answer is in this (closed) thread :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170158-Is-this-going-to-be-fixed-I-d-like-an-honest-answer-by-a-dev

Edited by Game__On

Unless something is horribly wrong with the OP's hardware/drivers/configuration, I'd say he's getting "much better performance with single GPU" simply because the tests aren't equivalent. Try testing in single player in the same area in the same mission and report back your results.