Sign in to follow this  
farside

New CSAT forces MBT

I am making a new addon for the CSAT forces, this is a tracked vehicle capable of 60kmph road travel. It will be amphibious. As you can see it has been made with the ARMA2 MLOD's and i feel that it fills a gap in the CSAT forces.

http://i.imgur.com/ekKnauZ.jpg ~over 100kbs

Please do not judge too hardly, I will need a hand however with the config, as the 4 turrets must work independently and I will also need a hand with textures, but I am hopeful!

Anyway, thanks for reading guys and any feedback would be welcome.

Alpha-Strike, Lieutenant Worf! Fire all Photon Torpedoes and Phaser banks at my mark at the romulan ship.

:soldier:

I really think that it would be best to make 100% original art-work for the contest.

Were does it store all the ammo?

I don't know, but at least the funeral expenses for the guys inside it have already been covered.

I don't know, but at least the funeral expenses for the guys inside it have already been covered.

Maybe it's robotic, then it could hold some ammo but not very much. Though It might have to loose some armor to hold ammo which would make it very unsafe.

But we're the MG? And the artillery gun? And the eject button?

How it could store ammo though it would need a trailer. But dat turret recoil though.

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

Edit wait, in all seriousness though, how does it float? And to the thread creator, what gap exactly does it fill?

But we're the MG?

Bro, do you even English?

Edit wait, in all seriousness though, how does it float? And to the thread creator, what gap exactly does it fill?

It fills the gap the missing BMP/Shilka/T-72 hybrid left...Oh, wait...

The best addon ever.

IT's clearly the CSAT 2035 drone all terrain stol vtol landing craft submarine drone tank.

You want an artillery gun and a MG? thats just un-realistic. I did genuinely feel that a trailer would be a good idea, tanks have had them in the past. the crew escapes through the BMP3 turret, clearly.

It fills the gap the missing BMP/Shilka/T-72 hybrid left.

It needs torpedos, AA missiles, ATGMs, unguided rockets and a rotor!

What are you gonna call it? T-BMP-2S20-ZSU-23-4?

Edited by ADUILO
Added a question

You want an artillery gun and a MG? thats just un-realistic. I did genuinely feel that a trailer would be a good idea, tanks have had them in the past. the crew escapes through the BMP3 turret, clearly.

It fills the gap the missing BMP/Shilka/T-72 hybrid left.

Interesting... Why did you choose to combine the three? If it's going to be supplied with ammunition and not run out after one shot, it will need a trailer.

Not sure if Shilka or BMP...or something completely random...

Sounds like what BIS did in the regular game...

In all fairness, remove the BMP-3 turret and glue the cannon somewhere lower down and it's no crazier than a BMP-T.

Could use some railgun. Since we never got that railgun tank.

To be honest, you have the turrets the wrong way round. One is AA the other is AT, teh AT will be trying to fire across the ground, whilst the AA will most likely be firing up, so the barrels will collide and prevent the turrets from traversing.

Frankly, if he needed AA he could do it Gorgon style and just have AA missiles alongside the anti-armor cannon. The BM-2T Stalker also does it like this, with retractable Iglas and Shturms (which I guess would work like the Commanche's missiles, extending when you select).

Of course, it still looks completely insane. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, though it could use a completely fresh design instead of being a mish-mash of various Cold War vehicles. And how will it float? Will it be like Hobart's Funnies?

Well, it is ...interesting. I guess.

I suggest you stick to a regular tank, and put a Kamysh/Gorgon turret on top (with a 35mm cannon and Titan AA missiles of course). Seems like a more practical option than having the AA guns below the tank gun.

EDIT: (I honestly did not read this in the above comment)

I like where your heading with this, I'm more along the lines like CNC Mammoth tank

looks like a perfect addition to the Arma3 vehicles currently available --- fits right in and I wish that was a joke...

Sign in to follow this