Sign in to follow this  
wer256

Why in multiplayer no team balance?

In any multiplayer game is a function on and off the team balance. Why in Arma 3 it not? It so hard to do? I don't understand how seriously you can play 2 to 5, or 5 to 12 ??? Answer please: will it be fixed or it will remain forever?

Because it's annoying as hell for the players and scripting it would be a pain in the ass if not impossible without breaking something else in a mission. Players themselves have some responsibility in how they pick their sides.

The problem is... not every mission is symmetric and every mission has different requirements

Missionmaker can make their own teambalance script (kind of) if they want

Thanks, but if I could, I did not I would be here with questions. In the editor, there is no such possibility, and programming and let the professionals do.

I mean it is symmetric mission. I make them. Many who make them. Because symmetric mission you can understand WHO PLAYS BETTER.

Why football, hockey, chess, Boxing so popular in the world? Precisely because they are symmetrical. Because in equal conditions it turns out who is the best player.

It is quite possible that if (for example) in football you can play 2 to 5, who would like this football? Probably 100 or 200 people. AND ALL!!!

Can I play chess with one side of the Board 5 figures, and on the other 9 ? Why no such chess? Not guess?

Just do not say that Arma is not chess and not football. If Arma game, then it must be the spirit of competition. Of course, if you play all the time with bots or go to the game that would just run, shoot , then it is not needed. But this is boring.

Edited by wer256

Because most Peope don't play ArmA as a competitive multiplayer PvP Shooter like CoD/MoH and Battlefield. Arma IS, for many of us, a Military Sim, and there is NO symmetry. Play a round of insurgency, you get like 10 Blufor Specops versus hundred low-tech Guerillias. If you had a 50/50 there, the Game would be over in a second, due to the far superiour equipment the Blufor would have. Auto-Balance would totally break 80% of all Gamemodes out there (that are not equal PvP matches).

Sometimes, you don't want one at all, sometimes missing player spots have to be taken by AI. Sometimes you maybe want a 3/1 Balancing (1 Nato per 3 Guerillias), and an official 1:1 balance option wouldn't help at all.

If you want to have a Autobalance, script yourself one in your Mission. If you don't know how, then theres' a Mission Editing Forum with a Script Request Topic where many nice gents would surely help you to make one.

Good Luck! - Elena

auto slot assignment can still be set active via desc.ext

"Arma IS, for many of us, a Military Sim, and there is NO symmetry"

They play because most never was able to PLAY. It skillfully only run around the map and shoot everywhere. The majority does not make the game. Weather in game to make always 3-5 people out of 100. If Arma is made only for such a majority, then I'll do conclusions: play me in it or not. I don't call anybody to play no COD or BF. I just want to know the developers: "Will someday in Arma function on and off autobalance or not?" Probably I do get asked, I thought that I will answer developers, not the players.

They play because most never was able to PLAY. It skillfully only run around the map and shoot everywhere. The majority does not make the game. Weather in game to make always 3-5 people out of 100. If Arma is made only for such a majority, then I'll do conclusions: play me in it or not. I don't call anybody to play no COD or BF. I just want to know the developers: "Will someday in Arma function on and off autobalance or not?" Probably I do get asked, I thought that I will answer developers, not the players.

:lookaround:

I think you're missing the point. An in-game autobalance feature would break many popular gametypes, like the aforementioned Insurgency. Unless BIS wants to ruin gametypes like those, then no, there will never be an auto-balance feature built into the game.

As everyone else is stating. Typically this engine and the missions created for it by the community would not require balancing of the sides. most likely the opposite would be a requirement

If you want TDM, Battlefield does it better

This simulator caters for much larger scale warfare at a slower pace and god help us if B.I ever lose sight on that.

Right now you can have automatic balance via description.ext but if the player wishes to unbalance the teams he can. Admin panel should have an option to choose between automatic team balance and moving players between teams manually, and mission should configure the default "force balance" settings in description.ext in case the admin doesn't change anything or in case there is no admin.

"Right now you can have automatic balance via description.ext" That must be inscribed in the "description.ext"?

Edited by wer256

Yes, you must write joinUnassigned = 0; in the mission file to activate it. It was off by default. It doesn't prevent people from switching teams later, but it will initially place them in the right team for team balance purposes.

Yes, you must write joinUnassigned = 0; in the mission file to activate it. It was off by default. It doesn't prevent people from switching teams later, but it will initially place them in the right team for team balance purposes.

This is of course easy semblance of autobalance, but thank you for that. Thanks for the help.