Sign in to follow this  
oukej

What Difficulty settings do you use?

What is your favourite difficulty?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite difficulty?

• RECRUIT (unmodified)
    • REGULAR (unmodified)
    • VETERAN (unmodified)
    • ELITE (unmodified)
    • One of the above, but MODIFIED (please specify!)

veteran here...

Ai skill drop too zero and they still headshot me like a piece of cake... :mad:

I truly hope you'll investigate that (gamebreaking) issue.

Oh, i was forgetting the most important thing...

Merry Christmas...

Veteran with crosshairs disabled.

Mostly I use modified Regular. Unlimited Saves and tweaked AI sliders a bit. I lower AI precision for all difficulties.

Regular:

All options off

Enemy AI Novice ( 55 )/Friendly AI Expert ( 90 ): Friendlies in your group otherwise die very ( read too quick ) quick while the enemy will prevail with minimal casualties. For multiplayer without Friendly AI the Enemy AI works best on normal ( 70 ).

The AI is the biggest problem with arma since the beginning. I hope that you guys will be able to fix some of it shortcomings.

I use custom difficulty (SP). Basically normal mode cos I like to switch to 3rd person when driving and use unlimited saves and I like to see whats going on on the map. Extended armor is off and depending on the mission I increase the AI slider a tat to 80%. Doing Jet missions the AI is maxed out, but I don't notice much increase in difficulty tbh, evading missiles is the same and the AI is not more persistent.

We play multiplayer on ELITE but we change the AI difficulty via the init.sqf (at the moment, we are waiting for a simplify way to do it).

For SP, I use RECRUIT and disable everything, I picked that difficulty to lower the enemy AI at a good level for me.

Will bump this once again (hope I won't get bananned). If you haven't voted yet, pls vote. It would be nice to have the defaults based on what's used the most. Ideally achieve a state where detailed customization is available but not needed - in let's say at least - 80% cases ;)

Veteran modified, I turn weapon crosshairs off, I generally play in first person but don't 3rd as I quite enjoy taking a lot of screenshots or checking my gear out.

Where can i turn weapon crosshairs off? i play in the elite but the crosshairs was still enabled (if i'm not mistaken until last i checked people used to do this by a mod, but my mod line is full)

Where can i turn weapon crosshairs off? i play in the elite but the crosshairs was still enabled (if i'm not mistaken until last i checked people used to do this by a mod, but my mod line is full)

13th line down in the difficulty options.

Elite modified, I disable the scoreboard (to disallow kill confirmations, as well as removing an emphasis from kill count in coop).

13th line down in the difficulty options.

You mean when you click to edit the difficulty? strange last time i searched there but couldn't find it.. "February"

Elite modified :-

Sever profile

class mercenary
{
	class Flags
	{
		HUD=0;
		AutoSpot=0;
		cameraShake=1;
		WeaponCursor=0;
		DeathMessages=0;
		NetStats=0;
		VonID=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=1;
	skillEnemy=0.69999999;
	precisionFriendly=0.99999994;
	precisionEnemy=0.45999998;
	aiLevelPreset=3;
	skillAI=1;
	precisionAI=0.30000001;
};
};

We also run scipts in the missions to increase the difficulty because some features are not editable via the settings in the server profile difficulties.

setViewDistance #; (depends on mission)

setObjectViewDistance #; (depends on mission but generally 100 higher than view)

setTerrainGrid 3.125; (always high because the grasslevel effects the topographical elements of the terrain IE floating barriers and rocks on hill crests )

shift click waypoints removed Because some vehicles still aloow its use even if disabled in the porfile

onMapSingleClick "_shift";

Removing Player calling out targets he can NOT see. Should be AutoSpot=0 but that is not working in MP still so. :-

enablesentences false;
//placed in each playable units init

We ask all players to disable radio subtitles aswell because you cannot turn this off in anyother way in Arma3 atm.

We Disable the move map to player button on the map.

// move map to player pos disabled script by larrow
h = [] spawn 
{
	disableSerialization;
	while {true} do {
		waitUntil { visibleMap };
		_display = uiNamespace getVariable "RSCDiary";
		_ctrl = _display displayCtrl 1202;
		_ctrl ctrlEnable false;
		_ctrl ctrlsettextcolor [0,0,0,0];
		_ctrl ctrlSetTooltip "";
		_ctrl ctrlCommit 0;
		waitUntil { !visibleMap };
	};
};  

We do many more in mission tweaks but these are the main ones which should be in the server profile settings along with gamma and brightness locks.

Edited by BL1P

We play multiplayer on ELITE but we change the AI difficulty via the init.sqf (at the moment, we are waiting for a simplify way to do it).

For SP, I use RECRUIT and disable everything, I picked that difficulty to lower the enemy AI at a good level for me.

Still playing on ELITE without the crosshair.

We're using ASR AI to tweak it.

Veteran modified - unlimited saves. I play mainly SP and I don't have enough time (or skill) not to die. OFP was playable, the checkpoints were quite well placed. Many missions I play now will only save checkpoint after clearing enemies, which means I often have to spend too much time walking to AO.

Rest is turned off (enhanced map, waypoints) apart from friendly identification and 3rd person, which I use during longer hikes to keep myself occupied.

And I tend to tone AI down. I have even considered novice level yesterday :).

Regular, except with almost everything disabled like with Elite settings (including crosshairs). Badass tactical authenticity mode engaged.

Elite, with the few aids that are on by default at this setting turned off. So absolute max difficulty, except that I've turned the AI down to regular. Since the AI still cheats like hell at this difficulty (particularly by seeing through grass under all conditions), I consider this combination of settings "maximum realism."

Veteran with most of extended info and crosshair disabled except for vehicles (can't see yourself or units on map, can't see friendlies hexagon etc), i use either a nametag addon with limited range (usually actived remotely by a key press) to keep track of nearby friendlies. AI difficulty is modified by various addons: ASR AI, TPW CAS (AI suppression system). I use other addons, a mix of AGM, TPW MODS, TMR and others tweaked in order to not hardly conflict with each other, so there could be something else affecting AI there.

I usually play SP only when testing stuff, most of times is multiplayer so in the end AI difficulty settings etc depends on the server settings i play in.

I keep 3rd camera on mostly to check how my character look, otherwise while in action i switch to 1st. I was considering to use "The Fourth Wall" addon as a good compromise to not overuse 3d person camera, but i've readed it is not working anymore if i'm not wrong.

Edited by 3lackrose

Still same as previous post but we made some changes to our server which has increased performance, which then either with the new update or because of the servers performance we have had to reduce AI accuracy. to allow for better game play.

We play coop infantry based missions where the enemy AI far outnumber the players.

aiLevelPreset=3;

skillAI=1;

precisionAI=0.2;