Sign in to follow this  

They are NATO NOWADAYS, in 2035 Armaverse they would be under CSAT alliance... due to Cyprus they´ve this lingering dispute with Greece, which could have gone HOT in the ArmAverse storyline =)

And the more nations skins, the merrier ;D

That is some real nice shading on the leading edge, gunport, various sensors and tail. Also lovely details on the exhaust petals, might we inquire as to what the mystery engine was though?

Looking forward to seeing the cockpit after seeing the detail you treated the exterior to.

Block 30/40?

I love this and I love you. Also, Block 40 HUDs make me sad.

Thanks all for your comments and your support :)

I dont know what features will be added, for now i'm only working on the 3D/2D.

HiddenSelectionsTextures and hiddenSelections are ready, it's now easy to make more skins.

The cockpit is under construction, i would like to make et very detailled panel, and if possible interactive (like this addon)

Nice to see more interest in interactive cockpits, just send Franze a PM..How in depth would you plan to go with the system? Because other design choices come into play depending on how far you go.

By the way you can go super ultra detailed with all panels, screws, switches and so on if you'd like but you'll need to use proxies, but on the flip side this also offers you the chance to have everything (or most things) casting shadows as opposed to just what is in the shadow LOD for the external model.

oh man between this and john spartan and sauls f/18 im not sure i can keep my pants on and btw you should ask john if hees nnot too busy to make a personal ammobox for this aircraft or ask him if you can use the f/18s ammobox on this aircraft it would make this mod even more wonderful

Spam: "please team up with John_Spartan and Saul who created a F18 so you could release it in one package and with the same features!"

Edited by paulthephil

Wow - exactly the same post paulthephil as in the A10C thread! Seriously? I think the addon makers also read the forums and know what else is being created.

Are you also going to create a Dutch version of the F-16 ? :bounce3:

Wow - exactly the same post paulthephil as in the A10C thread! Seriously? I think the addon makers also read the forums and know what else is being created.

Yes, we do read other forums. IkaR great model. I love the F-16

Thanks all for your comments and your support :)

I dont know what features will be added, for now i'm only working on the 3D/2D.

HiddenSelectionsTextures and hiddenSelections are ready, it's now easy to make more skins.

The cockpit is under construction, i would like to make et very detailled panel, and if possible interactive (like this addon)

I came.

By the way you can go super ultra detailed with all panels, screws, switches and so on if you'd like but you'll need to use proxies, but on the flip side this also offers you the chance to have everything (or most things) casting shadows as opposed to just what is in the shadow LOD for the external model.

If you're going with proxies couldn't you (in theory) make each switch ridiculously high in detail? well, until the 150 individual 300 poly switches cause the game to crash anyway...

Depends on the make of the switch and its proximity to the player, you're not going to see much difference between a six sided cylinder with 3 sections to form a rounded end versus an eight sided with 5 for a smoother gradient when its not very close to the player.

Components such as the plates on the sides could be much more simple, with a single chamfer where the curve is since the player isn't likely to notice them as much and their vision won't be as planted there.

Though contrast is an important thing to remember as well..if I may speak about my project, the buttons on my apache's MPD's have 3 edges for a smooth edge, a simple cube was too sharp and one chamfer gave them a chiseled appearance, being a bright grey against black, it's difficult to miss these things.

Yes in theory you can have every switch be ultra smooth but you also need to remember that 20Kish is the max count the game will render without crashing, without suppliment another proxy.. But proxies are also more difficult to animate.

What we did is take the cockpit and break it into two categories, what moves and what does not move. The consoles, the left and right panels, all of the plates, the cockpit frame (except door), seats, gauge boxes and display frames, all moved onto a proxy. Other things such as wipers, switches, needles, display page components, cyclic and collective, doors, etc, are in the actual pilot/gunner LOD.

Another thing to keep in mind, and why I suggest using the proxy for so much detail is that while normal maps are nice and all, you would have to warp it quite a bit to give a plate a 3D impression. No amount of shading is going to compare to a full 3D plate or a dimensional switch when you can move in 3D space.

The other thing is that while the inverse shadow trick works well with large shape, small fine detail shapes such as switches will leave floating gaps, so it must be flipped rightside out just like the actual geometry, which means the shape needs to be more exact to the mesh itself.

Edited by NodUnit

I know this belongs in wrong thread but nodunit do you and Franze plan on bringing your apache over to A3?

I know. I am not an addon maker and I can´t judge on how hard it would be, but still it would be great if they all could work togehter in a way. They could help eachother with their problems, find different solutions and in the end this could set a standard level of content quality and the whole community would be happy.

Understood?

thx!

They could help eachother with their problems, find different solutions and in the end this could set a standard level of content quality and the whole community would be happy.

... thats already happening, you just dont see it.

BUT, it's personal, everyone does this as a hobby, does it their own way, because we're not official content developers being paid to make everything exactly the same, which would actually be boring.