thdman1511

How to use UnitCapture in Arma 3.

I can't get my chopper to fire more than once, why is this?

Fire1=[[19.03,"missiles_DAR"],[19.07,"missiles_DAR"],[19.10,"missiles_DAR"],[19.613,"missiles_DAR"],[20.157,"missiles_DAR"],[20.241,"missiles_DAR"]];

I'm having the same issue. The helicopter seems to fire once, but when I banked it around for a second strafing run, it doesnt seem to fire anymore.

Help, I am having an issue - double pressing ESC and pressing F1 at the end of the recording doesn't work.

Noob question but where do I go to  execVm the script?

nul = [] execVM "MovementTest.sqf"

@Rougor the easy option is to create a radio trigger, and use that to spark your MovementTest.sqf path. I normally use Radio Alpha for record, and Radio Bravo, Charlie, Delta etc to trigger any number of unitPlay paths in a mission. 

You can also use a detection trigger (i.e. Run script if, say, Blufor detected), to create a more dynamic effect (e.g. Gun run overhead while you get to the chopper etc).

Hello, I've used the search function and have been unable to find a thread or post relating to my query and I'm unable to create my own threads so this seems the best place to ask.

I've managed to successfully capture and playback multiple flight paths using an MH9 and I'm in the process of making a mission with scripted insertion and extraction helicopters (both work fine - well there is a minor hiccup with the extracting chopper).

My (hopeful) plan is to have a recorded flight with an infantry squad on board, but before the helicopter can deliver the troops to their destination there is a random engine failure and a scripted/captured auto-rotation landing to a predetermined spot where the infantry have to setup defense while waiting to be rescued.

Is there any way for me to trigger the engine failure while capturing the flight and have the game play it back afterwards with the engine failure and scripted/captured landing?

As it is I can get the helicopter's rotors to spin using the engineOn command, but for example during my first attempt at recording a flight path I ended the flight by switching off the engine and landing, but during playback the heli simply lands with the engine still on.

Below is what my path2.sqf looks like minus the capture data -

Path2 =///captured flight data here///;
[Heli2, Path2] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitPlay;
Heli2 engineOn true;

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Everytime you use the action you can just create the vehicle, run the playback, then delete the vehicle when you're done with it. 

15 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Everytime you use the action you can just create the vehicle, run the playback, then delete the vehicle when you're done with it. 

How do I set this up?

5 hours ago, Lebiglebowskii said:

How do I set this up?

Sorry, but I'm busy with other things at the moment (I'm not even working on anything of my own that I've had in mind.....). If you search up how to spawn and delete vehicles you'll find plenty of info. It's not too difficult to get working. But here's a heads-up:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createVehicle

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/deleteVehicle

And, of course: 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_UnitCapture

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_UnitPlay

Then just look for posts on looping scripts.

Omgggg I FOUND THE CRAZIEST WORKAROUND 

whats great is if i want to have a boat repeat a pickup or a heli that can do the same pickup/dropoff without having to do anything extra

So if original file is wp1.sqf

i just make a copy file, call it wp11.sqf and change path name in the sqf

Example:

Wp2.sqf//

wp2=[recorded data];

[car2, wp2] spawn BIS_fnc_Unitplay;

wp2.2.sqf//

wp22=[same exact recorded data];

[car2, wp22] spawn BIS_fnc_Unitplay;

Next Compile preprocess ONLY wp1.sqf for both wp1 and wp11

Ex: wp1 = compile preprocessfile "wp1.sqf"

wp11 = compile preprocessfile "wp1.sqf"

then ingame on radio trigger REFERENCE "wp11" and it lets me repeat via radio call

I can even reset it mid unitplay

In case I get frustrated and want to replay the action during a cinematic

This is pigeon theory at its finest...

I still cant believe it

Lol

Idk how It works but im so happy....

Hi, is it possible to add classname instead of the "Vehiclename"? ...Is it possible to do it without the vehicle beeing prespawned and nameEdited in editor.

3 hours ago, callofmarty said:

Hi, is it possible to add classname instead of the "Vehiclename"? ...Is it possible to do it without the vehicle beeing prespawned and nameEdited in editor.

Let me know if this is correct, you simply want to play back a recorded path on a vehicle you spawn during the mission.

I'm pretty sure you could do that.

Set up the unit capture with a helicopter named "heli1", record your path, and do all the normal setup. Then delete heli1.

Then place a trigger to create the vehicle.

Example,  heli1 = "B_Heli_Transport_01_F" createVehicle [0,0,0];  

I used [0,0,0] in the example, but be sure to put your [x,y,z] position in where you want the helicopter to spawn. 

Kind of obvious, but be sure to spawn your heli first, then the flight path, or you'll get an error. 

Can anyone tell me pls where i get the input data from? F1 and ESC doesnt do anything... killing the "input unit" after recording is done doesnt work either.

Edit: Got it... Spawned unitRecord before unit was initialized.... 😑