thdman1511

How to use UnitCapture in Arma 3.

I can't get my chopper to fire more than once, why is this?

Fire1=[[19.03,"missiles_DAR"],[19.07,"missiles_DAR"],[19.10,"missiles_DAR"],[19.613,"missiles_DAR"],[20.157,"missiles_DAR"],[20.241,"missiles_DAR"]];

I'm having the same issue. The helicopter seems to fire once, but when I banked it around for a second strafing run, it doesnt seem to fire anymore.

Help, I am having an issue - double pressing ESC and pressing F1 at the end of the recording doesn't work.

Noob question but where do I go to  execVm the script?

nul = [] execVM "MovementTest.sqf"

@Rougor the easy option is to create a radio trigger, and use that to spark your MovementTest.sqf path. I normally use Radio Alpha for record, and Radio Bravo, Charlie, Delta etc to trigger any number of unitPlay paths in a mission. 

You can also use a detection trigger (i.e. Run script if, say, Blufor detected), to create a more dynamic effect (e.g. Gun run overhead while you get to the chopper etc).

Hello, I've used the search function and have been unable to find a thread or post relating to my query and I'm unable to create my own threads so this seems the best place to ask.

I've managed to successfully capture and playback multiple flight paths using an MH9 and I'm in the process of making a mission with scripted insertion and extraction helicopters (both work fine - well there is a minor hiccup with the extracting chopper).

My (hopeful) plan is to have a recorded flight with an infantry squad on board, but before the helicopter can deliver the troops to their destination there is a random engine failure and a scripted/captured auto-rotation landing to a predetermined spot where the infantry have to setup defense while waiting to be rescued.

Is there any way for me to trigger the engine failure while capturing the flight and have the game play it back afterwards with the engine failure and scripted/captured landing?

As it is I can get the helicopter's rotors to spin using the engineOn command, but for example during my first attempt at recording a flight path I ended the flight by switching off the engine and landing, but during playback the heli simply lands with the engine still on.

Below is what my path2.sqf looks like minus the capture data -

Path2 =///captured flight data here///;
[Heli2, Path2] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitPlay;
Heli2 engineOn true;

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Everytime you use the action you can just create the vehicle, run the playback, then delete the vehicle when you're done with it. 

15 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Everytime you use the action you can just create the vehicle, run the playback, then delete the vehicle when you're done with it. 

How do I set this up?

5 hours ago, Lebiglebowskii said:

How do I set this up?

Sorry, but I'm busy with other things at the moment (I'm not even working on anything of my own that I've had in mind.....). If you search up how to spawn and delete vehicles you'll find plenty of info. It's not too difficult to get working. But here's a heads-up:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createVehicle

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/deleteVehicle

And, of course: 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_UnitCapture

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_UnitPlay

Then just look for posts on looping scripts.

Hi, is it possible to add classname instead of the "Vehiclename"? ...Is it possible to do it without the vehicle beeing prespawned and nameEdited in editor.

3 hours ago, callofmarty said:

Hi, is it possible to add classname instead of the "Vehiclename"? ...Is it possible to do it without the vehicle beeing prespawned and nameEdited in editor.

Let me know if this is correct, you simply want to play back a recorded path on a vehicle you spawn during the mission.

I'm pretty sure you could do that.

Set up the unit capture with a helicopter named "heli1", record your path, and do all the normal setup. Then delete heli1.

Then place a trigger to create the vehicle.

Example,  heli1 = "B_Heli_Transport_01_F" createVehicle [0,0,0];  

I used [0,0,0] in the example, but be sure to put your [x,y,z] position in where you want the helicopter to spawn. 

Kind of obvious, but be sure to spawn your heli first, then the flight path, or you'll get an error. 

Can anyone tell me pls where i get the input data from? F1 and ESC doesnt do anything... killing the "input unit" after recording is done doesnt work either.

Edit: Got it... Spawned unitRecord before unit was initialized.... 😑

Hey yall, not sure if some of you guys were having issues with the vehicles not firing one you start the playback or not. I had the issue, and found that if I put an AI in the aircraft (in this instance I was using Firewill's F-16C) then the jet would move with engine on, but the canopy wouldn't close and the wheels wouldn't come up.

I put an AI pilot in there, then hit the radio script to begin the playback, and it worked. He took off, wheels went up, he flew realistically like I had flown and recorded, and he dropped all 6 MK-83s in a badass little attack run, then landed. My issue right now is on the landings... the AI doesn't know he's landing, haha. So he actually hits the ground a little and THEN the wheels pop out, but he's an inch from death lol. Anyone know a fix to this? I tried giving the AI a LAND waypoint that was basically enacted the whole time he was flying my route, then hopefully would activate when he was inbound to land on the runway the same way the AI do.

Another tidbit, the AI in aircraft only throttle up the engine if they're taxiing on a path they would NORMALLY taxi on if there was no playback running. Odd, huh?

On 4/13/2014 at 11:54 PM, Pomi Git said:

Something I asked a while back and never got an answer on. Is it possible to stop UnitPlay mid way through running?

So for example if I've recorded the movements of a helicopter and it gets hit by an AA rocket id like the script to stop. Given its really intended for intro's by default it keeps on following the pre-recorded movement even though the helicopter is destroyed.

you could set up an event handler to check for _unit !alive and if true exit the script. not 100% sure on how this would be done. im pretty sure there is an EH that will fire when a unit dies. maybe use a global var as a flag set in the EH. then check the flag in your script and if true then Exitwith { }; 

On 9/27/2017 at 5:53 AM, Rougor said:

Noob question but where do I go to  execVm the script?

nul = [] execVM "MovementTest.sqf"

i believe in a trigger, all unitcap's gotta be through a trigger

Don't know if anyone still follows this thread but I'll try anyway.

I've just noticed that UntiCapture does not work properly with SOG Dlc, it just records the flight but not the firing.

So when you actually replay it you just get your helicopter flying around without doin' anything.

Any wonder why?

It works like a charm with every other DLC / mod btw.

On 3/24/2015 at 11:34 AM, Kydoimos said:

Regarding the moving wheels on ground vehicles - as far as I'm aware - it can't be done, yet - though I may be mistaken :D

In reallity, you just need to disable the brakes, and the wheels will go on.

vehicle disableBrakes true;

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HaraHg said:

In reallity

In reality, disableBrakes was added in v2.08 (March 8, 2022), while Kydoimos's comment was made seven years earlier.

1 minute ago, Harzach said:

In reality, disableBrakes was added in v2.08 (March 8, 2022), while Kydoimos's comment was made seven years earlier.

Does not really matter, as i'm posting a solution that works now.

Its not like this comment is gona go back in time.

On 3/12/2023 at 12:21 PM, HaraHg said:

Does not really matter, as i'm posting a solution that works now.

Its not like this comment is gona go back in time.

Its all good, solutions are a good thing, if you find something that works then by all means your not spamming a thread.

As for the subject itself i've only used Unitcapture for planes and had pretty good success with them, however the only thing

i've noticed was that at least in a WW2 plane, when the AI is flying the plane instead of you, their speed and or throttle of the plane

is not being used it seems, i'll give you an example of something recent i did where you can hear it.

At 2:38

you can hear the plane "idling" when thats not how i was flying when i was recording with Unitcapture,

anyone have any idea why and a way around the AI idling in a plane?

Seems unitcapture only records movement and guns fired and not also throttle or engine use or function.

• Like 1