Sign in to follow this  
fabio_chavez

Video of how Iron Front 1944 might look like in 2014

It that a next iteration or will the current game get an update to the newer ArmA 3 engine?

It is a community project based on IronFront - not a new project by AWAR. More news very soon. :o

from what ive seen so far, this game is bound to take its overdue place in the WWII shooter pantheon.

i cant wait to see this alive, its really really promising, even the red orchestra series doesnt live up this potential.

pL8zLVth.jpg?1

vmR4Xhnh.jpg?1

Album

Wow this is looks perfect! Weird this thread is so quiet.

The quality of the IF content combined with the quality of the A3 engine, what more could you wish?

Looking forward to a release :)

So this is IF ported to ARMA 3 engine? Wow...

Just add JSRS, Blastcore FX and ACE also and it will be perfect!

Wow, I just nearly wet my pants, this looks all too promising.

Will one need Arma3 to play or is it a modification solely based on IF'44?

Greetz.

The quality of the IF content combined with the quality of the A3 engine, what more could you wish?
...it will be perfect!
...this looks all too promising.

I really wonder what games have u been playing the last years when i see those expresssions towards the arma engine

The games are perfect for making nice screenshots and videos, live ingame its a total different thing. HUUGE beautiful, empty islands without life, bad FPS while the CPU is bored running at 50%, often weird AI, LOD-popping of textures and models, laags, synchronization horror in MP regarding time,weather,tasks... Thats what u get with ArmA and especially with IronFront.

The game that we want and see on that screenshots... its a dream... i followed that dream many years... countless months, weeks of editing... 3 hardware upgrades for ArmA 2 in 4 years... for what? ... It still doesnt work as it should (stable, fluent 35-40 FPS with reasonable amount of AI fighting in towns)

WHY?

Because BI doesnt want to focus on MP and performance optimization. I always thought they cant do it better or theres some restrictions... the developement of DayZ SA proves they can if they want... if it really works will have to be seen when DayZ SA is in final status in 1 or 2 years.

BI has a jewel in their hands with the ArmA engine, if they just would focus on performance and MP... imo they could revolutionize the shooter genre - if done right no one would care about other shooters any more... but thats BI... for whatever reason they dont see that potential

Sorry for going a bit OT here but those comments above really make me wonder...

looking really good!, hope that with this mod we can end un playing IF to it's full potencial, was a real shame we didn't get modding on original IF, that limited the game a lot :(.

GL with the proyect! :D

yes, MP Performance improvements are mandatory for future progress, though please keep on topic, this is not about MP fps and i dont know why you have to push this thread on that track, its sole purpose is to present and discuss a community project.

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

yes he does. just check the group chat :)

I may only add that this thing hopefully will come out with all the A3 fancy things like vests, helmets, belts, paradrop system, cloths, weapon effects and so on.

yes he does. just check the group chat

I figured that, i did see his name in the group list at one time but didn't put 2 and 2 together when i first seen his name with the vid.

I dont have skype Kju, sorta of afraid of getting it now as few weeks ago when i tried to install it I got all sorts of shit installing on my new system,

next thing you know my computer freezes, force quitting and then doing a virus scan after reboot, I end up with this search engine bs

I couldn't figure out how to remove.

It looks great! Will it require both Iron Front and A3 to play?

Yes it would, how would you play IF in A3 if you didn't?

If you didn't then there would be a legal issue with what their doing.

yes, MP Performance improvements are mandatory for future progress, though please keep on topic, this is not about MP fps and i dont know why you have to push this thread on that track, its sole purpose is to present and discuss a community project.

Fabio, Kju and others... if you guys are porting or building missions within the ARMA 3 engine, please make sure you add HC and other "tricks" to improve MP performance. I can see a LOT of players on a well maintain server playing WWII with this project. Users with multicore specs playing in single player missions or campaigns can get a big boost connected to a DS and HC if they have enough cores to support it.

Is this actually possible without breaking pretty much every rule in the license you agree to when buying either A3 or IF?

Doesn't look bad.

Is this actually possible without breaking pretty much every rule in the license you agree to when buying either A3 or IF?

Doesn't look bad.

Don't worry kju has been patiently negotiating with AWAR, Deep Silver and BI for many, many months now to allow this project to proceed and for that we are truly grateful. Thanks must also be given to all the other parties involved as well for allowing this to become reality.

Its not related to Arma3. It is a mod of Iron Front.

The screens and video footages are definitely from the Real Virtuality 4 though. So I take it this is an AIAish port of Iron Front to Arma3 for the people who own both? If correct this is going to be epic, my deepest thanks to whoever involved in this. :)

Did you watch the video? A3 stance and weapons holding system, and A3 weapons for example would be just two indications that it obviously is related to A3.

Basically what hes saying is that its Iron Front as a mod using Arma3 engine.

So IF was not built in Arma3, or through it, like I44 is being built on Arma3.