brainslush

=TSS= Nametag - Individualizable Nametag AddOn

=TSS= NameTag

by: brainslush

Version

Images

tss_nt_config.jpgtss_nt_2.jpg

Download

http://complex-teamplay.de/brainslush/tss_nametag_public/repository/archive.zip?ref=master

Motivation

As you may know in elite mode of Arma3 no names of units or player are displayed. This is of course very much appreciated if you care about realism. But since Arma doesn't features customizable faces or physique, distinguishing between two different soldiers becomes extremely difficult. Not all players like to see the names all the time or just in a certain way, so I created this addon to give every player the possibility to adjust the addon, to meet his expectations.

Furthermore I implemented (untested so far) the possibility for the missionmaker to turn off the addon or overwrite partly the usersided config to match equal criteria for TvT or other gamemods.

Features

Implemented Features

• Display the name of the unit which you are poinitng at
  • Display the name of sorrounding units via a defined custom key
  • Display the names of your vehilce crew using the custom key
  • Customizable via userconfig, (switch on/off, distance, show ai, color, size)
  • Overwrite the userside config by defining values in the description.ext
  • Simple deaktivation of the addon via defining a specific variable in the init.sqf
  • Display rank

Planed Features

• you can pm me or leave a feature request in the bug tracker

Required AddOns

• CBA - Community Based Addon

Usage

User

You can adjust the addon using the integrated configuration menu. Use the cba keybinding system to open it.

Missionbuilder

As missionbuilder you can overwrite some of the client settings for all players using the description.ext

description.ext

class TSS_NAMETAG
{
enable = 1; // 1== on, 0 ==off, can't be forced on, only off
distance = 10; // maximum display distance, if clientside setting is smaller it will be set to the smaller value
showFaction = 4; // does overwrite clientside settings, which faction names will be displayed, for more details see userconfig
showDead = 1; // show name of dead player, can't be forced on, only off
showAI = 1; // show AI names, can't be forced on, only off
showSorrounding = 1; // allow or disallow the usage of the the feature which displays all names in the surrounding
showUnitsInVehicle = 1; // allow or disallow the feature to display units in vehicles
showRank = 2; // Overwrite the settings of the player to show rank unless he has it turned off by him self, 0 = force off, 1 = short name, 2 = image
}

init.sqf

TSS_NAMETAG_MISSION_DISABLE ="xyz"; // the value can be basically anything even number, since the variable only needs to be defined

Server administrator

If you want to force a config onto all clients you need to install tss_nametag_fsc.pbo onto the server and adjust the userconfig of the server to your wishes. Of course if the client uses settings which are smaller or disable certain features those are effective instead.

Report Bugs

http://complex-teamplay.de/brainslush/tss_nametag_public/issues

Changelog

#04/12/15, v1.0

• Reworked some of the code
  • Fixed: Names are now displayed in the correct height on the water an in buildings
  • Fixed: Implemented the new cba keybinding system, requires CBA 1.1.20.150408 RC6 or greater
  • Added: Zooming increases nametag size
  • Added: Names are now displayed for a longer time
  • Added: Init names can now be displayed in vehicles using the custom key
  • Added: license information

#10/01/14, v0.8

• Added GUI for configuration
  • Added CBA-Keybinding system
  • userconfig has become obselete for the clients
  • some code tweaking
  • rewrote some of the code

#05/25/14, v0.7

• fixed: Name was displayed in wrong height when units were in buildings
  • fixed: If the rank function was disabled a filled square was displayed
  • added: tss_nametag_fsc.pbo (if you want to force the clients to use a certain setting install this file onto your server and change the server userconfig as you wish)

#12/17/13, v0.6

• ATTENTION: THE USERCONFIG AND ITS PATH HAS CHANGED
  • rank of the unit can be displayed now, either the shortname or the image
  • names of units in vehicle can be displayed if you look at the vehicle
  • both features can be disabled or overwritten via the missionbuilder using the description.ext
  • fixed: height of the name in buildings was displayed in the wrong height
  • fixed: AddOn couldn't be disabled defining TSS_NAMETAG_MISSION_DISABLE in the init.sqf
  • changed path of userconfig to meet tss addon conventions

License

Edited by brainslush

I just found two screenshots featuring this addon.

ujhy.jpg

ltp7.jpg

Click for fullsize!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

This is great; I love the customization options on the user side. Subtle and elegant. Thank you!

Has anyone tested this with ARCE or the Task Force Radio mod on a dedicated server to see if it works? It seems the method used by F3 frame work's name tag script prevents either mod from working.

Hi brainslush.

cool looking mod.

Does the mission maker have control over what the client user can use... via the description.ext ?

Example can the mission builder disable show enemy tag and that stops the client from using that option ?

Hey Brain!

Thanks for the mod. I have a request though. When you make the version that displays rank, can you please keep the version with no rank updated? The in-game slot ranks aren't used by most communities that use their own ranks, so you end up looking at someone and seeing "Pvt Capt Drumheller" or "Cpl Major Conrad" or "Sgt Sgt Heckman", things like that.

Hi brainslush.

cool looking mod.

Does the mission maker have control over what the client user can use... via the description.ext ?

Example can the mission builder disable show enemy tag and that stops the client from using that option ?

Exactly. I update the initial post to make the use of the description.ext more apparent and convenient.

Hey Brain!

Thanks for the mod. I have a request though. When you make the version that displays rank, can you please keep the version with no rank updated? The in-game slot ranks aren't used by most communities that use their own ranks, so you end up looking at someone and seeing "Pvt Capt Drumheller" or "Cpl Major Conrad" or "Sgt Sgt Heckman", things like that.

I will handle it in such a way that user and missionbuilder can deactivate this feature in the userconfig or description.ext

What is and how do you set the custom key to display names of surrounding units please?

The default key is TAB. To change the key you need to edit the 'nametag.hpp' in your arma 3 folder. This .hpp data file can be found in the folder userconfig/TSS. You need the number of the key you want to use and edit the line: #define TSS_NAMETAG_KEY 15. '15' is the number corresponding to the TAB key. I put a list of the keys and the corresponding numbers into a spoiler. I grabbed the list from the Taskforce Arrowhead Radio userconfing. The list fits to us keyboard layout.

ESC = 1

F1 = 59

F2 = 60

F3 = 61

F4 = 62

F5 = 63

F6 = 64

F7 = 65

F8 = 66

F9 = 67

F10 = 68

F11 = 87

F12 = 88

PRINT = 183

SCROLL = 70

PAUSE = 197

^ = 41

1 = 2

2 = 3

3 = 4

4 = 5

5 = 6

6 = 7

7 = 8

8 = 9

9 = 10

0 = 11

ß = 12

´ = 13

Ü = 26

Ö = 39

Ä = 40

# = 43

< = 86

, = 51

. = 52

- = 53

+ = NOT DEFINED

POS1 = 199

TAB = 15

ENTER = 28

DELETE = 211

BACKSPACE = 14

INSERT = 210

END = 207

PAGEUP = 201

PAGEDOWN = 209

CAPS = 58

A = 30

B = 48

C = 46

D = 32

E = 18

F = 33

G = 34

H = 35

I = 23

J = 36

K = 37

L = 38

M = 50

N = 49

O = 24

P = 25

Q = 16

U = 22

R = 19

S = 31

T = 20

V = 47

W = 17

X = 45

Y = 44

Z = 21

SHIFTL = 42

SHIFTR = 54

UP = 200

DOWN = 208

LEFT = 203

RIGHT = 205

NUM_0 = 82

NUM_1 = 79

NUM_2 = 80

NUM_3 = 81

NUM_4 = 75

NUM_5 = 76

NUM_6 = 77

NUM_7 = 71

NUM_8 = 72

NUM_9 = 73

NUM_+ = 78

NUM = 69

NUM_/ = 181

NUM_* = 55

NUM_- = 74

NUM_, = 83

NUM_ENTER = 156

STRGL = 29

STRGR = 157

WINL = 220

WINR = 219

ALT = 56

SPACE = 57

ALTGR = 184

APP = 221

Version 0.6 has been released

Download here

#12/17/13, v0.6

• ATTENTION: THE USERCONFIG AND ITS PATH HAS CHANGED
  • rank of the unit can be displayed now, either the shortname or the image
  • names of units in vehicle can be displayed if you look at the vehicle
  • both features can be disabled or overwritten via the missionbuilder using the description.ext
  • fixed: height of the name in buildings was displayed in the wrong height
  • fixed: AddOn couldn't be disabled defining TSS_NAMETAG_MISSION_DISABLE in the init.sqf
  • changed path of userconfig to meet tss addon conventions

Edited by brainslush

first this name tag mod are so awsome me and my unit using this mod from start. but we have some issue. the issue is this, me and unit want to disable the rank but when we disabled there green box on the name tag in gameplay. and it is annoying. so i have questions, this is just us or everyone got same issue. if everyone got same issue then are you have plan to fix it. and last question is there some sort of way to fix our self?

Hey brain,

works alright so far (tho the unit names aren't displayed when being on a artificial raised position like on a HQ tower), but is there any chance to add the posibility to force the clients to use the server's configuration/userconfig?

I know that you can define the parameters in the mission, too, but it'd be very nice to have a smoother way.

Thanks!

Hey brain,

works alright so far (tho the unit names aren't displayed when being on a artificial raised position like on a HQ tower), but is there any chance to add the posibility to force the clients to use the server's configuration/userconfig?

I know that you can define the parameters in the mission, too, but it'd be very nice to have a smoother way.

Thanks!

The problem of the alevation of the name tag is already known and actually I already fixed it in my version but forgot to pack and publish it.

A forced server side configuration should be possible. I will look into it.

first this name tag mod are so awsome me and my unit using this mod from start. but we have some issue. the issue is this, me and unit want to disable the rank but when we disabled there green box on the name tag in gameplay. and it is annoying. so i have questions, this is just us or everyone got same issue. if everyone got same issue then are you have plan to fix it. and last question is there some sort of way to fix our self?

I will look into the problem as soon as possible. Not today but latest in two days.

Version 0.7 has been released

Download here

#05/25/14, v0.7

• fixed: Name was displayed in wrong height when units were in buildings
  • fixed: If the rank function was disabled a filled square was displayed
  • added: tss_nametag_fsc.pbo (if you want to force the clients to use a certain setting install this file onto your server and change the server userconfig as you wish)

Edited by brainslush

Could someone maybe post the codes for having different colours?

e.g. default seems to be green which is:

#define TSS_NAMETAG_COLORR 0.1

#define TSS_NAMETAG_COLORG 0.8

#define TSS_NAMETAG_COLORB 0.1

#define TSS_NAMETAG_COLORA 1.0

I would quite like white if that's possible?

You have four color channels: Red, green, blue and alpha. The alpha channel determines the transparency, 1 is opaque and 0 is transparent. For white you would have to use Red = Green = Blue = 1.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

Version 1.0 has been released

Download here

Changelog

#04/12/15, v1.0

• Reworked some of the code
  • Fixed: Names are now displayed in the correct height on the water an in buildings
  • Fixed: Implemented the new cba keybinding system, requires CBA 1.1.20.150408 RC6 or greater
  • Added: Zooming increases nametag size
  • Added: Names are now displayed for a longer time
  • Added: Init names can now be displayed in vehicles using the custom key
  • Added: license information

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.