Sign in to follow this  
peral

A-10C for Arma 3

Working with Franze with an interactive cockpit WIP, exchanges with NodUnit on the subject, working with John_Spartan and Stiltman on a loadout GUI, and his own prior comments in this thread should give you enough inferences as to Peral's own design intent?

P.S. Re: "scope of the mod" -- I'd point out that this A-10C and John_Spartan/Saul's own F/A-18E/F have different "scopes" and design intents too.

can't wait to use it ! very good mod :o .

This is really awesome to see this kind of thing for arma 3. Hope it will be realistic :)

Here is a thought; What about if you made all Hud,Pip,and Cues ,CCIP for bombing and so on ,and simply made a Mod out of it? Make it a small .exe file,for all planes in Arma 3? And if possible ,tie the behavior of missiles to a "flight profile" calculated by distance to target and a the speed of the weapon with a Range Scale and CountDown Timer,adding a Approach Heading ,making final turns for midship hits at last minute.

Try to make some type of real simulation of HUD that helps us to use the real distance to target and flight envelop.

If or when You have the time..,Keep up the work!Nice so far..Thnx!

Here is a thought; What about if you made all Hud,Pip,and Cues ,CCIP for bombing and so on ,and simply made a Mod out of it? Make it a small .exe file,for all planes in Arma 3? And if possible ,tie the behavior of missiles to a "flight profile" calculated by distance to target and a the speed of the weapon with a Range Scale and CountDown Timer,adding a Approach Heading ,making final turns for midship hits at last minute.

Try to make some type of real simulation of HUD that helps us to use the real distance to target and flight envelop.

I'd really like to see that but I doubt that it would be possible for all planes. That means that every modder would have to take that into account when moddeling and texturing, and I simply don't think everybody would want that.

i really do hope the HUD goes into this detail, it really is essential for a good (safe) attack run, makes it alot better than the near-blind method you need to use in a2

OMG...OMG...OMG This is beast!!! When can we expect this?

Great job, will definatelly be adding this to my missions!!!!!

Update on A-10C

• Still working on TAD systems (looking for scripters for help with some ideas I have for the TAD system)

• Custom GUI load out similar to F/A-18 Super Hornet by John_Spartan & Saul is in place

• Textures are 80% done

• 95% of all switches, knobs, and buttons have been added to the cockpit (working on last 5%)

• TowingTractor and Towing script has been added (Towing works with Stiltman's A-10 and the F/A-18 Super Hornet, will be adding other aircraft)

A10_cockpit_zps838c6f81.jpg?t=1387326281

A10_towing_zpsa9933946.jpg?t=1387328009

Is it even possible to do a proper CCIP implementation in Arma 3? The ACE guys had to use some crazy hacks to get it working back in Arma 2.

Here is a update video of the A-10C

Edited by Peral

Best Addon yet ! The cockpit interaction is just what i wanted to see concerning vehicle modding. I dream that one day we will be as close with the vehicle realism as DCS:A-10 :)

That is so cool! Having watched the video, the in-cockpit sound when airborne is very quiet. At least when compared to the sound level from the gear being taken up. So either make the gear sound lower, or the cockpit sound louder? Other than that, we are in for a treat of a plane, very suited for the smallish islands of A3 in flight simulator terms.

Cheers, OP

That is so cool! Having watched the video, the in-cockpit sound when airborne is very quiet. At least when compared to the sound level from the gear being taken up. So either make the gear sound lower, or the cockpit sound louder? Other than that, we are in for a treat of a plane, very suited for the smallish islands of A3 in flight simulator terms.

Cheers, OP

The added sounds are louder so you can hear them in the video

Outstanding work, Peral! That towing truck will be quite useful on the Nimitz! (will it be compactible with Su-35 too)

cheers!

;2581843']Outstanding work' date=' Peral! That towing truck will be quite useful on the Nimitz! (will it be compactible with Su-35 too)

cheers![/quote']

I'm adding all the planes in Arma 3 and new ones that come out for Arma 3

Also, when the A-10C is done for Arma 3, I plan to port it to Arma 2

Hello, as You probably already know - this looks amazing. BUT! Adjusting to the new requirements in terms of memorising the startup procedure and other things that are needed to properly and effectively operate such clickable aircraft will take some time. Also, I guess some people would just prefer the "cool model" which operates like vanilla aircrafts. And well... I guess partially I'm one of those people - for quick stroll over Takistan (esp. with lack of joystick) I usually took the normal AH-64 because it was less troublesome than Franze's & NodUnit beauty.

So what I'm asking is, if You guys would be so nice to actually add some other entry\entries in the editor, giving us the non-clickable version of Your beatiful A-10C so after the hard day of work I can just hop in and enjoy the simpl(i)e® ride?

Also, when the A-10C is done for Arma 3, I plan to port it to Arma 2
You are a hero man, ACPL pilots will be thankful :)

Fantastic, love to see DCS functionality slowly coming into Arma3..

Hello, as You probably already know - this looks amazing. BUT! Adjusting to the new requirements in terms of memorising the startup procedure and other things that are needed to properly and effectively operate such clickable aircraft will take some time. Also, I guess some people would just prefer the "cool model" which operates like vanilla aircrafts. And well... I guess partially I'm one of those people - for quick stroll over Takistan (esp. with lack of joystick) I usually took the normal AH-64 because it was less troublesome than Franze's & NodUnit beauty.

So what I'm asking is, if You guys would be so nice to actually add some other entry\entries in the editor, giving us the non-clickable version of Your beatiful A-10C so after the hard day of work I can just hop in and enjoy the simpl(i)e® ride?

Or! You could just pick a vanilla aircraft if you want to fly around the island ;)

Please make this as realistic as possible in terms of start up procedures and interactions. Honestly , people who just want to do a quick flight can go use other mods.

Please make this as realistic as possible in terms of start up procedures and interactions. Honestly , people who just want to do a quick flight can go use other mods.

Doesn't seem fair to most, perhaps two different versions or it is a more feasible option.. Catering to one specific player preference base when the larger majority is casual isn't that fair, ARMA is about options :)