Sign in to follow this  
peral

A-10C for Arma 3

love it, this need only possibilty to chose loadout like in f-18 (sory for my eng), can t wait to fly this on altis :D

Very nice nice to see the interaction brought into action, I was worried our helicopter would be the only one..it would be a bit of a dream come true to see more people seeking this kind of thing out, I know its not for everyone but its an excellent testament as to what the engine is capable of. You may however want to evict the HUD entirerly and force the player to rely soley on cockpit instruments, otherwise it kind of demeans the purpose of the system.

Anywho, it seems you have added the TAD page, does this mean that it will be a moving map just like our TSD by chance?

Some things slipped notice last time I looked at the cockpit, and I know how some people can't take critique or suggestions well, mistaking it for insult. I'm also fairly blunt with these things, getting right to the point of what looks off, the comparison and how to fix it..so if you wish to read up on a few ways to improve the accuracy and possibly more, click the spoiler.

The console is a bit short in width, a by product of coming from the A-10A.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Fairchild_Republic_A-10A_Thunderbolt_II_cockpit_USAF.jpg

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/attachments/non-wheels-discussions/1236501d1375137818-dcs-10c-simulator-real-a10c-cockpit.jpg

http://lockon.co.uk/upload/iblock/9be/A-10C%20Cockpit%20Layout.jpg

You can see how the C has a much longer stores jettison panel and is flush with the console.

This effects the MPD"s as well, right now they are 1.5 or so smaller than they should be, the top of the frame is nearly flush with the bottom of the stores jettison, and the corners are the same width.

You can see further evidence of this by the angles of the console to the panels, note the leftmost bottom panel on the console, with the lights, flap lever and so on.

On the A version the console is flush with the angle of this panel, but on the C you can see the console has a sharper angle to make room for the displays.

The Jettison Stores and Fire extinguisher discharge have been lengthened, and the green is the necessary width for the console to fit the right shape, otherwise the enlarged MPD corners will float off of the console.

Ccompare_zps6e681605.jpg

It may not seem like much of a problem however when you make the screens a primary source of information then you will want that information to be as clear as possible..more pixels, more clarity, more screenspace for information.

I would say that if you are going for authentic displays then it is VERY important to do this, otherwise you run into cluttered information and it becomes confusing.

Edited by NodUnit

@nodunit, the HUD provides vital information such as airspeed, heading, SPI, AoA. the actual MFCD pages provide, much much more. not to mention that if a damage model ends up being made and the HUD fails, you are going to have to.

basicly you need the hud for the combat role

Just my opinion we need more current gen vehicles for the realism type of player..I love this a-10 and I hope nodunit and Franze apache makes it over. All we need is a F-16 and F-35 maybe even a bomber or transport like he c-17 with this interactive console it would be pretty boss..good work man keep it up and can't wait to use this and train on it

@nodunit, the HUD provides vital information such as airspeed, heading, SPI, AoA. the actual MFCD pages provide, much much more. not to mention that if a damage model ends up being made and the HUD fails, you are going to have to.

basicly you need the hud for the combat role

Are you talking the game HUD or aircraft HUD, because I meant the games HUD (should have clarified that).

Edited by NodUnit

Very nice nice to see the interaction brought into action, I was worried our helicopter would be the only one..it would be a bit of a dream come true to see more people seeking this kind of thing out, I know its not for everyone but its an excellent testament as to what the engine is capable of. You may however want to evict the HUD entirerly and force the player to rely soley on cockpit instruments, otherwise it kind of demeans the purpose of the system.

Anywho, it seems you have added the TAD page, does this mean that it will be a moving map just like our TSD by chance?

Some things slipped notice last time I looked at the cockpit, and I know how some people can't take critique or suggestions well, mistaking it for insult. I'm also fairly blunt with these things, getting right to the point of what looks off, the comparison and how to fix it..so if you wish to read up on a few ways to improve the accuracy and possibly more, click the spoiler.

Here is a update of the new MPDs. Thank you NodUnit for pointing that out. And I do plan on a moving map TAD.

a10update_zpse5b666f0.jpg?t=1386277136

i was talking abaut the aircraft HUD yes, but yeah you´re right abaut the game HUD :)

Also Peral, great job on the MFCDs, looking awesome!

could you tell if you're going to be able to add autopilot modes?

Edited by K_Evers

Much better! Another suggestion would be to use a unique rvmat for the pages that would allow them to ignore shadows, that way you get a constant same brightness regardless of weather conditions. Otherwise while its fine daylight, you run into problems on sunset and otherwise.

ambient[]={3,3,3,3};

diffuse[]={0,0,0,0};

forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,0};

emmisive[]={60,60,60,1};

specular[]={7.7462198e-007,7.7462198e-007,7.7462198e-007,0};

specularPower=24.6;

PixelShaderID="Super";

VertexShaderID="Super";

Diffuse being 0 means it ignores lighting, thus you use ambient to decide how bright it is or otherwise, the higher the number the brighter the image.

You can also tinker with the values to make red, green or blue stand out more. The emmisive is already set to so that the displays should be at the same brightness and color value at night.

Also just a heads up, you will need to make a "mask" of the symbology if you intend to have it floating over the map without rotating.

Edited by NodUnit

Nice job !!!:cool: Everyone who plays arma are glad to see the A-10's back :bounce3:

Looking forward to your release ~

This is definitely going to win something from the contest, otherwise there is nothing fair in this world.

This is so incredibly good I am still trying to figure out how is it possible.

Here is a update of the new MPDs. Thank you NodUnit for pointing that out. And I do plan on a moving map TAD.

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t670/Christopher_Peral/a10update_zpse5b666f0.jpg?t=1386277136

Good job, this is starting to remind me of DCS A-10C. I love A-10's but ARMA has always had the older version (A-10A) so I am very excited for this. :)

the thing that always annoyed me with arma flying was the lack of precision capable attacks, you always had to get visual on your target which usually happened at the last 5 seconds, a tgp working together with the hud would be a blessing,

still... this looks amazing and i'll gladly fly this over anything else

looks great, but will probably be hard to play with low quality since you cant read anything at that point

@OP: If possible, can you also improve the Head Tracking in this jet?

looks great, but will probably be hard to play with low quality since you cant read anything at that point

Here is the screen with all video setting at low

2013-12-07_00004_zpsfb2dcd75.jpg?t=1386441007

@OP: If possible, can you also improve the Head Tracking in this jet?

I have already reworked the pilot view to look around more easily and to work batter with track IR.

Jet speed seems slow

it because you fly it in slow or is it maximum speed?

Looks solid. Looking forward to fly this Warthog in the near future when its done :).

Best regards

Amazing. Keep up the great work and thank you for your effort on this project......we truly do appreciate it.

Jet speed seems slow

it because you fly it in slow or is it maximum speed?

The A-10C speed is based on the actual speed of the A-10C, and in the video I only accelerated enough to take off.

The A-10C speed is based on the actual speed of the A-10C, and in the video I only accelerated enough to take off.

do keep in mind that arma 3's speed is in km/h, a heavily loaded a-10 will takeoff at around 150 knots(277,8km/h), a lightweight one at 120ish (222 km/h)

Will the MFDs have any weapon systems that are controlled by them? Like launching missiles at a ground target while the aircraft flies level? Or does the A-10C not use these?