Sign in to follow this  
hotshotmike1001

Arma 3 H&K XM8 Compact

http://arma3.gamebanana.com/skins/130486

Credits on the other page!

This will Give you a XM8 Compact

The XM8 was the U.S. military designation for a lightweight assault rifle system under development by the United States Army from the late 1990s to early 2000s. The rifle is designed by German small arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch (H&K), and shares design and engineering with their G36 rifle.

The XM8 design was originally part of the Objective Individual Combat Weapon program (OICW), which was developing a "smart" grenade launcher system with an underslung carbine rifle as a backup weapon. The system was unable to meet performance and weight requirements and eventually canceled. In the aftermath, the two portions of the OICW were separated, resulting in the XM8 and MX29 projects.

Although there were high hopes that the XM8 would become the Army's new standard infantry rifle, the project was put on hold in April 2005, and was formally canceled on October 31, 2005. However, the weapon is now in service with Malaysian special forces and some private military companies.

2.1.jpg

1.1.jpg

Edited by hotshotmike1001

What about collecting all these awesome weapons to a single thread? That way it would be easier to quickly find all of your addons.

What about collecting all these awesome weapons to a single thread? That way it would be easier to quickly find all of your addons.

Seconded.

Release weapon packs and/or create release-thread. This would also make it a lot simpler to sync with others. Right now I'm using some of your stuff for SP use only, mainly because I don't want to tell my friends: To play on my server, you just got to download this, this, this and this single file.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Seconded.

Release weapon packs and/or create release-thread. This would also make it a lot simpler to sync with others. Right now I'm using some of your stuff for SP use only, mainly because I don't want to tell my friends: To play on my server, you just got to download this, this, this and this single file.

Agree, a pack with all the weapons will be far more useful.

Ejection Port.

I don't mean to be a troll, I'm not trying to be a troll, but I would use these if the ejection port was on the correct side. you release a lot of these, and from the screen shots they look decent. but for every single assault rifle you have made, the ejection port has been on the wrong side of the gun. I find this really Irritating. I don't know much about modeling, i don't know what resources you're using, but i find myself asking "why is it always wrong?"

Ejection Port.

I don't mean to be a troll, I'm not trying to be a troll, but I would use these if the ejection port was on the correct side. you release a lot of these, and from the screen shots they look decent. but for every single assault rifle you have made, the ejection port has been on the wrong side of the gun. I find this really Irritating. I don't know much about modeling, i don't know what resources you're using, but i find myself asking "why is it always wrong?"

Seconded.

it's because he is using models from another game which like BFBC2 have the ejection ports on the wrong side.

I´m gonna hold out for RH's ports of these, he put these exact guns into Arma 2 before, with everything on the correct side, and the weapons scaled. The pace of these releases is incredibly fast, I´m not sure how much attention was paid to these details. Half-done work doesn`t do these models and their creators justice.

I bet its a rare (very rare) Lefty version ;)

that we are holding in our right hand.....because we like hot metal being thrown into our faces.

this work is done very lazily, it's a bunch of simple ports, with little to no effort being put into them, would not recommend downloading, and to the other mod authors out there, don't let the fact that this guy has done them deter you from doing it, you can probably do a much better job.

Maybe he like CS:S BFBC style

Let him like what he like. Beside some of the guns are available to switch case extraction

Still it's really looks silly even we hold gun at right side but AUG, XM8 G36 etc etc some of the guns are available acutally

that we are holding in our right hand.....because we like hot metal being thrown into our faces.

this work is done very lazily, it's a bunch of simple ports, with little to no effort being put into them, would not recommend downloading, and to the other mod authors out there, don't let the fact that this guy has done them deter you from doing it, you can probably do a much better job.

Whilst it's not ideal I agree there is not a need to dis the mod. If you don't like it, turn the channel over as they say - remember it is a game :) jmho

I bet its a rare (very rare) Lefty version ;)

Now if only the XM8 wasn't designed as ambidextrous.

Maybe he's new to modding/texturing? Maybe he made it for himself and thought "Hey, maybe some of the other Arma guys might like to see this". Maybe some other mod-makers-to-be might take a look at these source files for inspiration or improving their knowledge. I'm sure the Arma community would much rather someone release a mod that they've spent time on than not at all. I know I would - why not?

Negative feedback is useless and benefits no one. Be constructive.

Now I am waiting on you're own addons to be released...

If you don't like the addons, you don't have to download them its that simple.