Sign in to follow this  
bravo409

Realistic damage

Ok so to many times I have seen this played out and just had enough...So here it is your playing a mission you made or scenario and you shot at the enemy and he takes a couple of shots to the leg and or body and yet he still lives to shot you. Or how about this he takes shots to the head and still lives. Im sure all of you have come across this.I saw a script for it in arma 2 but nothing for Arma 3... So was just wondering is there a script or fix for this and if there is where can I find it? thanks.. This probably already posted but my description of this didnt come up so I'm posting it for answers.

No, this is arma 3.

In my opinion you've got 2 options

Option A. use a higher caliber firearm

Option B. Play Arma 2

Sounds like you want one-way one-shot kills :)

Personally, I've seen instances of enemy going down with one shot and also enemy surviving several shots. Also, I've experienced being one-shotted, and also experienced surviving several shots. In most cases, appropriate cover stance & movements have helped. As in, appropriate cover & stance before I fire, then GTF into a hidey-hole :)

I'm not saying you're not experiencing a problem, I'm just saying if you're experiencing it many times there may be a few reasons a wounded AI can one-shot you ;)

There is a script in the patrol ops that make the enemies 1 shot kills, Its pretty epic. Take a look :)

Ok so where is this script and how do I add this to my mission thanks?

Well I guess we are more like forced to wait for ACE3 and its medical system with characters passing out due to wounds

Try TPW FALL.

It doesn't increase damage but brings side effects to shots landed on target. Much better, IMO.

Easy to script. Run it in a loop somewhere: {_dam = getdammage _x; if (_dam > _x getvariable "currentdam" + 0.2) then {_x setdammage 1}; _x setvariable ["currentdam",_dam];}foreach allunits;

Change 0.2 to whatever you like, but that would be about an arm hit. Alternatively, just to increase damage (3x modifier):

{_dam = getdammage _x; _diff = _x getvariable "currentdam" - _dam; if (_diff > 0) then {_x setdammage (_diff * 3)}; _x setvariable ["currentdam",_dam];}foreach allunits;

That may or may not work...

If the mission lacks a loop, a crude way is to just add while{true}do{ xxxxx}; where xxxxx is all the code above. Add that to each unit's initialization, or add it to the init.sqf. For a quick 3min script, it may cause some performance issues, and for more complex missions might be an issue.

all_units = allunits - player; {_dam = getdammage _x; _diff = _x getvariable "currentdam" - _dam; if (_diff > 0) then {_x setdammage (_diff * 3)}; _x setvariable ["currentdam",_dam]; all_units = allunits - player;}foreach allunits;

That may exclude the player from this effect. Or cause your computer to explode. One of the two.

Or use a EH and do it without bad loops running.

This is for One Shot One Kill, if you want something more complex, just say.

init.sqf:

{_x addEventHandler ["hit",{_this setDamage 1;}]} forEach allUnits;

and your done. (untested... if it does not work, report back)

This is performant btw.

Edited by Lappihuan

Try TPW FALL.

It doesn't increase damage but brings side effects to shots landed on target. Much better, IMO.

This.

Reliable one-shot kills are extremely unrealistic. That just makes it an action movie.

If only TPW Fall worked well in MP.

not just an AI problem, I play PvP alot and Ive had this so many times. I pour bullets into a player, he turns round and shoots me dead. I tend to be so shocked I dont have time to respond.

Agree with the point that one shot kills for every kill is unrealistic, but surely if you get hit then you are (should be) down and therefore effectively dead as most people will proceed to finish you off.

Arma 3's damage model is actually much more extensive and complex than Arma 2's. Arma 2 just calculated what armor value a character had depending on all the gear that he was wearing and gave the character a single health value spread over the entire body. In Arma 3, the healthdrainege is based upon where the character is hit, and what it penetrates.

If you strip a character down to his boxers, pretty much any hit in the torso and head is critical, and any in the limbs severly wounds him. But when fully kitted with combattrousers, full armor bodyvest, helmet, boots etc, its a diffrent story. Like it or not but a trained soldier, can actually take several hits of 7.62 caliber rounds to the gut with combat armor before being killed. Espescially the modern dragon skin armor is really tough and really good at spreading the impact of a bullet.

For the same reason, a shot to the throat is deadlier than a headshot when a soldier is wearing a heavy duty combat helmet.

I agree that some aspects could be done better. For instance, a 9mm round to the head when wearing a combat helmet may not kill you, but it will certainly hurt a lot, and you'll be desoriented or knocked out by the blow. Instead, now a character will just turn to you and pull out his weapon immediateley, and start firing back. The same goes for hits in the torso when wearing a combat vest.

I wouldn't mind if they fell when shot in the leg now and again, right now they carry on as if nothing has happened.

The player should also be forced to stumble now and again when shot.

i got to say one thing to that issue is .. that i feel very dissapointed about that damage system ... shooting an infantry man right in the face ... and i mean RIGHT IN THE FACE ... and he would not die !

and 6-8 shots into the chest ... without even ... bleeding ... that is some hell of a vest u got on them ...

sorry BI but it feels like i BOUGHT a BROKEN game ... PLZ fix that BUG or what ever u call that major issue

dont aim to get a COD\BF game... leave arma as it was ... Legend Legacy game :)

i got to say one thing to that issue is .. that i feel very dissapointed about that damage system ... shooting an infantry man right in the face ... and i mean RIGHT IN THE FACE ... and he would not die !

Yes the problem your seeing is the helmet seems to protect the entire head rather than just the top. That said, only pistols or glancing rifle shots will not kill with a headshot. And even then the second shot is pretty much a sure kill. I do hope that BIS is able to make it so the top and bottom of head are protected seperately.

and 6-8 shots into the chest ... without even ... bleeding ... that is some hell of a vest u got on them

Research modern body armour. 6-8 shots (which is only survivable from a pistols in arma -3-6 from rifles) is not all that unbelievable.

Now the reaction to getting hit in the armour should be different ingame though. More like this:

Coulum, that's the exact video I mentioned in the body armor thread. :) Kind of reminds me of the AI's falls in GRAW.

Coulum, that's the exact video I mentioned in the body armor thread. :) Kind of reminds me of the AI's falls in GRAW.

---GRAW did gave me a deep impression when it came out. It's weapons, anims, hitting effects and AI suppressing fire are really top-notch even comparing with ARMA3. But ubisoft fuck it up with an successor, an arcade type GCFS. Really disapointed.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao