Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAzimuth

Particles Of Explosions ALWAYS Round.

You know, i've looked through a million games, everyone one with it's unique feature, ever since the nintendo Era. One thing every shooter game has in common? Circular and round explosions. This isn't to be stressed or anything, but later down the line, it is. Not only are the effects of some weapons completely downplayed in Arma 3, but the visuals of it as well. For example, i feel Satchel charges do tons more damage than the JDAM, or heavy bombs that the CAS planes uses. It looks a bit skimpy, and weak compared to it's real life counter part... Example's.

My thought was not only a little more powerful effect, but how about different particle effects, depending on What SURFACE, the bomb impacts, and dust lingers. That would be interesting.

Thoughts?

This sounds good for a mod, but I don't think we will be seeing this feature being made by the devs anytime soon, they simply have too much on their plate.

wouldn't hold my breath on it, but with some luck, maybe.. just maybe we'll get something like this from BlastCore http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162988-Blastcore-A3

but yeah FX are in very poor state as they have always been in Arma sadly. sure graphics comes after gameplay/mechanics but not even those are where they should be. so there is very very little chance for FX to see any improvements.

I miss repeated bullet impacts kicking up lingering dust clouds in WGL. That was super cool.

you need for this huge explosion many partikels - to many perfomance ;) that the comlete ground ^^

2 bombs and all dudes near have a 2 fps gameplay ;)

kill the fuelstation - this is the biggest fire and smoke in the game and look what he makes with your fps

you need for this huge explosion many partikels - to many perfomance ;) that the comlete ground ^^

2 bombs and all dudes near have a 2 fps gameplay ;)

kill the fuelstation - this is the biggest fire and smoke in the game and look what he makes with your fps

You know, you can just scale the particles, no need to spawn hundreds of them if you want bigger explosions :P

Scaling of particles has issues in ArmA. They don't scale well above a certain threshold, and they also move oddly when turning.

It's worth noting that the OP isn't necessarily asking for bigger explosion effects so much as more variety to the explosion effects.

Agreed. The round explosion looks very dull compared to reality, aswell as the sounds of the explosions. I've thought about this many times, but never came around to post anything about it. But as mentioned, this is not a priority at the moment.

That is for Arma 4.

For A3 we have different muzzleflashes.

arma 3 is for long time the last sequel ;)

This isn't true. 3 years ago some guys were also yelling that arma2 could be the last sequel.

After succeeding to launcher arma3 on the steam platfrom, I bet BIS would earn more than arma2, so there is no reason to say arma3 is the final one.

This isn't true. 3 years ago some guys were also yelling that arma2 could be the last sequel.

After succeeding to launcher Arma3 on the steam platform, I bet BIS would earn more than arma2, so there is no reason to say arma3 is the final one.

He has a great point. This about the TakeON Series. Imagine if BI created TakeON simulators for every aspect of simulation. Fixed wing, Rotary Wing (Take On Helicopters), Robots (Take On Mars), and the new capabilities of the Engine, and mixed all the polished and realistic things into one Arma, and created Arma 4. Could you imagine? Though, i do think the Arma engine needs to be upgraded to something else. Altis is big, but most sims have maps bigger than even the TOH Seattle map.

Back on Topic however, i was refering to shape and size and sound of the explosions. When i have a bomb dropped next to me, i want to feel as if i'm in it. This can be implemented using shockwaves, and particle effects, but to an extent that won't make the FPS suffer. I remember a mod that can render large clouds and weather into Arma 2. It was called Weather Module i think. But yeah, manipulating particles shouldn't even be that hard of a task, they did it in A2, and, A3 is naturally more optimised than A2.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

arma 3 is now a plattform for the future - he has self said - no arma 4 for a long time maby A3 is the last sequel !