Sign in to follow this  
PFC_Mike

Saudi arabia, apartheid south africa, &  taliban

Interesting that the US government slapped sanctions on S.Africa for its horrible mistreatment of native africans, said that the war in Afghanistan was also to free its people (especially women) but calls Saudi Arabia an ally? The Saudi government has made the country's females into prsioners, and several US citizens have been trapped there.

The US ought to switch oil suppliers to Venezuela and Russia while trying to use less. While western europe went from the Dark Ages to a renessaince, the muslim world seems to have done the opposite.

Ha, I remember seeing on 60 Minutes a piece on how US military females stationed in S.A. are ordered, if stopped by S.A. police, to say they're the wife of a male person that they must be riding with. They aren't allowed to drive the car, and they must cover their heads like the SA women do.

However when that woman, uh, whatever her position was, Miss Albright or whatever, went to SA on an official trip, she didn't have to do any of that crap.

-=Die Alive=-

Well, the question is actually: where is the line between culture and violation of human rights?

I think it is wrong to interfere and force our western culture upon others. On the other hand it is our responsibilty as human beings to help the oppressed in the world.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Aug. 30 2002,13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Saudi government has made the country's females into prsioners, and several US citizens have been trapped there.<span id='postcolor'>

Same as Pakistan, so... nobody really cares I see.

When we talk about oil and interest then americans have no prob with that. There is somehow a double standard even here in Europe. Like nigeria where there is a woman convicted to die by stonetrowing that had no problem being critisised by the west and a week later 4 womans where convicted of the same thing in Saudia arabia. Evry body keept their mouth shoot.

I have only one thing to say oil can get you a long way.

But i also agree with denior about using force. Well the hole middel east needs a course in how to treat woman but i don't think it should come from us. They have to figure that out by themselfs especialy the womans.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Aug. 30 2002,13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The US ought to switch oil suppliers to Venezuela and Russia while trying to use less.<span id='postcolor'>

How bout whale oil? Stupid whales, eating all my fish, into my gas tank you go, blubber for oil!

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, the question is actually: where is the line between culture and violation of human rights?

I think it is wrong to interfere and force our western culture upon others. On the other hand it is our responsibilty as human beings to help the oppressed in the world.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with you to some degree. We should not force western culture on anybody, but I do think if we fight in a country like Iraq we should tell the people about freedom. Aslo I am for helping those in need, but when it is places like Samolia or areas in the mid-east I am for dropping food by air, and not risking soldiers lives.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Aug. 30 2002,20:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Aug. 30 2002,13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The US ought to switch oil suppliers to Venezuela and Russia while trying to use less.<span id='postcolor'>

How bout whale oil?  Stupid whales, eating all my fish, into my gas tank you go, blubber for oil!

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

funny thing is, many muslim females in LA wear hijab(for you dummies, it's the big scarf that they wear) to accentuate their muslim heritage.