Demian2435

Demian2435_Police_Mod

Hello everyone , this is my Police Mod for ArmA 3

rlxg.png

Description

This mod contains the cops and the criminals. The mod also includes vehicles for the police, like policecar, helicopter, offroad and such. I hope you like 'em.

Content

• 6 Police Units
  • 5 Police Vehicles
  • Siren & Lightbar
  • 3 Criminals Units

​

Included files

• demian2435_police.pbo

Credits & Thanks

• Bohemia Interactive - For the most beautiful game in the world
  • Fr3eMan - For his kindness and great help

All photos can be found on:

https://imageshack.com/a/AUMb/1

Download on Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23712

Edited by Demian2435
  • Like 1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I believe the other cops mod is set with Greek police. Besides this adds more variety. A new york city map is in the works!

Good job on the mod buddy, thank you.

but that Greece joins the US as 64th state in 2031

I'm from the U.S. and I laughed a little too hard at this one, I promise I am not being mean or rude, I literally had a good time with this comment :D

I noticed that on the right side of the police car the text is mirrored. For example the Emergency 911 is spelled backward.

I noticed that on the right side of the police car the text is mirrored. For example the Emergency 911 is spelled backward.

Many texts are mirrored, because the textures are on one side only ..

yeah, that's often a big problem, and you cannot do anything about it if you don't have access to the model. Either a different main texture would have to be applied in a different way, or you would have to add a second texture for decals. Both totally impossible without the unbinarized model file of course. So the only way around it is to use signs or numbers that look the same in a mirror as well (something like e.g. 01810), but with letters it's an issue that just cannot be solved. It's very, VERY unsatisfying to leave it at that (and I know what I'm talking about, I have made a bunch of (re-)textures as well and ran into that problem as well).

@ HitmanTwoActual: glad someone got the joke ;) As it looks like at the moment, you'll probably have to sell Alaska to China until then...

i painted my (greek) police textures over the vehicle's actual texture, which includes both sides of it, so there is no mirroring

try doing it that way

Is it possible to activate the siren and the lightbar by the AI to the mission beginn ?

That would be great.

Is it possible to activate the siren and the lightbar by the AI to the mission beginn ?

That would be great.

..... +1

That would be great.

Yes! just enter this string on the "init" of the vehicle:

this SetVariable ["LUCE", true], / / for Lightbar

this SetVariable ["AUDIO", true], / / for Siren

or

VehicleName SetVariable ["LUCE", true], / / for Lightbar

VehicleName SetVariable ["AUDIO", true], / / for Siren

----

to turn off just change in:

this SetVariable ["LUCE", false], / / for Lightbar

this SetVariable ["AUDIO", false], / / for Siren

or

VehicleName SetVariable ["LUCE", false], / / for Lightbar

VehicleName SetVariable ["AUDIO", false], / / for Siren

:)

Edited by Demian2435

you should use the unarmed hellcat, since it has a movable light on its nose and will be helpful in Police chases

hi demian,

i relay love your skins and sounds and we realy would love to use them on our altis-life server.

the only problem ist we are all new to altis-life and have no idea how to implement your great work into the mod usable and visible for everyone.

do you have any hints for me how to do it?

greetings,

coldgas

Hello,

How do I now install it on a server?

Very good mod, it's beautiful!

Very nice mod, but I have a problem, the lightbar and siren work on a server on my computer, but not on my dedicated server... Why ?

I need a quick answer, I need them for tomorrow !! Thanks !

Very nice mod, but I have a problem, the lightbar and siren work on a server on my computer, but not on my dedicated server... Why ?

I need a quick answer, I need them for tomorrow !! Thanks !

Hello,

I don't have the answer to fix it, but, if you uncompress demian2435_police.pbo, you can check the scripts in \demian2435_police\sirena

Siren_On.sqf

if (isServer) then {

private ["_auto"];

_auto = _this select 0;

while {alive _auto} do {

waitUntil {(_auto getvariable ["AUDIO", false])};

_auto say ["USA_siren",1,1];

sleep 3.9;};
}

If you try to switch on the siren in a mission hosted on DS, it won't work, because the code won't be executed at all.

If you remove the if condition, it will work, but only on the client. You have to broadcast it to every clients.

But I got no idea how to do that.

First off I want to say that this is an excellent Mod, and would greatly like to know how you did it. I recently retired and have played Arma for years and it is my favorite game. I would greatly like to start modding and creating characters and vehicles for Arma 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully

Ted

Great mod, love the SWAT unit, although would love one that says SWAT not rescue, also i can't seem to spawn a helicopter with doors? how do i do that?

Good work indeed, but why US-American police? Arma3 is set in Greece. The future setting opens the door to all kinds of fantasy ideas, but that Greece joins the US as 64th state in 2031 seems a bit out of reach (I hope^^). So what about seems like it wouldn't be too different on the uniforms, and the cars' textures shouldn't be too hard either. Maybe an idea?

I guess whole Europe might be a US state by then.