NemesisoD

Realistic Wounding System [RWS]

When will this be released?

Youshould also add in Epiphrine and Defibs

First, jd3527, asking for release dates in the BI Forums is considered spam, it's done when it's done. Since you're a new member, I know that you had to have been presented with rules that you SHOULD HAVE read pertaining to the rules we all try to abide by.

Second, what is the use of Epi for in ArmA?

Thanks, and better luck next time :)

Second, what is the use of Epi for in ArmA?

Incase of random bee sting or heart failure?

Lol, those damn dragon flies that buzz around you in the middle of a fire-fight.

Unless you are running a full code on the guy in cardiac arrest, or protocol for bradycardia, the use of EPI is limited to just that, "incase of random bee sting." It's just a pet peeve of mine that so many medical mods continue to perpetuate the cycle of using EPI as a special revive tool. We've implemented it over at our mod with future plans to properly utilize the medication as it should be. Hopefully, the guys here will do the same.

Hey there,

Dev was paused for a while since both scripter were stuck in reality but has been continued about three weeks ago. Most of the scripting is non visible and concerned the core of the medical system.

Dialog & functionality

We created a Tactical combat casualty care card to note wounds and procedures done on the patient.

We also created a right click menu for interacting with single body parts, to handle treatments, remove them and check them and to do further examination of the body parts.

Single clicking the body parts gives a quick evaluation of the part but it gives inaccurate and maybe false feedback about the status of the patient

The text in the left side feedback panel is currently center bound but will be switched to left side bound for better overview.

Bloodsweep will return bleeding status of all wounds and the status of the bandages. Yes, our bandages can get soggy and bloody.

avsxdoxa.jpg

vrpgihnp.jpg

pyxa653q.jpg

ykixa5g8.jpg

mt2g7o2z.jpg

blfam4q5.jpg

All things you see on the images are not final and might change with ongoing development

Future:

We still have a long road of developing ahead of us but slowely more and more results become visible. A public release date is nowhere near since every day we get new ideas and have to sort out which are doable and useful.

Regards

NBRC_FOX

Combat heart failure that's a new one.

this looks really good I'm defiantly going to use it in my missions

however some of the players more suited to cod/bf4 will most defiantly require vagisil when they come on the server and find out that getting shot is really a bad idea now ;)

the first version will have stretcher or/and some kind of ambulance? Keep the good work ;)

the first version will have stretcher or/and some kind of ambulance? Keep the good work ;)

on that note will we be able to load injured units into aircraft/ambulance whilst they are on a stretcher ? with ace we always had to take people off the stretcher and then load them which is a bit unrealistic and time consuming i would suggest a system where the injured unit is loaded whilst on the stretcher and is then placed on the floor of the helo on a stretcher maybe via an attach to script then the medic on board can see his casualties as he treats them and they don't just sit in a chair which is quite unrealistic for a T1 casualty.

Example

Edited by short_German

Will there be helicopter stretchers? I don't know the technical term, but the stretchers that can be lowered and raised via helicopter tow cable (or RAV lifter)

stock-photo-a-rescue-worker-flies-under-a-helicopter-with-a-patient-in-a-rescue-stretcher-2899995.jpg

Will there be helicopter stretchers? I don't know the technical term, but the stretchers that can be lowered and raised via helicopter tow cable (or RAV lifter)

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/70319/70319,1174275509,1/stock-photo-a-rescue-worker-flies-under-a-helicopter-with-a-patient-in-a-rescue-stretcher-2899995.jpg

Good idea, with the choppers DLC coming in and all that....

Any plans with the AI also healing themselves when hit?

Again,

*sigh*

Forum rules, do not ask/request updates from devs.

Mod is going to tell you this too.

Come on, you shouldve lurked enough to find out this, even if you didn't read the rules.:)

Your welcome.

Again,

*sigh*

Forum rules, do not ask/request updates from devs.

Mod is going to tell you this too.

Come on, you shouldve lurked enough to find out this, even if you didn't read the rules.:)

Your welcome.

Does the same rule apply when there has been a month without even a reply?

Does the same rule apply when there has been a month without even a reply?

Yes they don't owe you an update please read the rules

Its hard to not ask for that medic system ;) But just post here: wow, great, go on EVERYONE here is waiting? :)

Even with AGM, CSE and XMedSys, there is so much room for improvement. Agm is simple but 99% bugfree, the others are more complex but when bugs appear they ruin the hole gameplay. For us:

documented > bugfree > realistic > complex > ....... > medic scripts > ....... > vanilla > no med sys. So we use AGM at the moment ;)

Are they still working on this mod?

If they are, they would probably post an update or the mod itself. As R. Brown, and so many others have stated, new forum users HAVE to acknowledge that they've read the rules...which apparently they don't. Stop asking for updates, the guy(s) will update the thread when there is relevant news.

@Numrollen- what type of improvement is there that you're hoping for. There are many EMS professionals, including myself, that helped develop some of the aforementioned mods. There are only so many things we can implement into a medical mod when the engine itself doesn't allow for full implementation of everything we could wish for.

At the same time, replicating the human body's functions are hard to replicate. Whether you believe in God, a higher Alien Power, or the Theory of Evolution, coding at that level is very difficult.

Another point, I'd like to assume that most of the general users of ArmA are of a mature age, but I know that there are youngsters out there that play as well. When developing a medical simulation mod, you have to balance realism with gameplay, and sometimes, gameplay wins out because otherwise, no one would want to play if they get shot within the first few minutes and never get to respawn, or have to sit out six months from the Clan due to "rehabilitation."

Here's to hoping we see more from this team, but let's leave them alone until they report back. :)