NemesisoD

Realistic Wounding System [RWS]

Nice job, I have read somewhere thet this is possible to make player lose his limb (like in VBS
) I think it would be awesome if you could make it, and add to your mod. To heal player from this, he must be evac to medstation/hospital etc. and then he come back to fight. It`s just an idea, i gues it would be hard do to, but also very intresting. Sorry for my english, good luck with mod, can`t wait to try it :D

Seriously? That player is never coming back to the fight. Ever.

Seriously? That player is never coming back to the fight. Ever.

Eldridge.jpg

Your argument is invalid.

Still a dumb-as-rocks suggestion though.

It`s depend how you like the game, I don`t play it as milsim, I like to have fun from game and immersion (sorry If I go offtopic too much, but I play this game for those epic moments

). So I can image teammate walks on the mine and losing leg, and then see him back after 10min.

Ofc for player who like more realism etc. may think that this idea is stupid, and I understand it. So this option should have possibility to be turn on/off. It`s just a suggestion that some player may or may not like, it`s up to autor to decide if it`s worth to do.

As i remember you have to create new model, but with no leg. I gues that it`s harder to make it work in game, to see this player without leg, and to script, that when he has no arma, he can`t hold weapon etc. If it`s possible it would be awesome, the only bad point of it, is that this player will get back his leg after visit in hospital and it`s not realistic. But on the oter side add kind of big thing to arma. I would like to help, but I have no idea about modding (but I would like to learn), I'm only mission maker, so my knowledge about creating mods is very little.

Interesting. Might be a pain in the ass to talk BIS into such a thing for their already made fellas, I'd imagine. However, what still interests me is that we as a community who are working on soldier models can do such a thing with our models. So if they are willing to work on this feature (which I hope and pray they will at least consider for this awesome project), I'll try to make sure to see to it the ASTFOR project's models will have some leg-less "Lieutenant Dan" versions of the models. ;)

As far as I'm concerned in regards to realism and healing up, it might not be everyone's cup of tea. But just because it might not be, doesn't mean a few nay-sayers should forbid the rest of the community of having the option to have/use such a feature. I'm sure mission makers can easily make it where if your leg is off and have to get evac'ed that the player has to pick another slot. Might not be ideal, but the overall point I'm trying to make is if they are willing to look into such a feature and if there are community modders who are willing to provide leg-less models of their soldiers to use with this system--then we should leave it to those who want to use it to be able to. Think it's dumb as rocks? Then don't use it. Easy as. Why limit capabilities, because it's just not your "thing" while it may be for others? That's like soldiers training on VBS2, get their leg messed up and their superiors forbidding them from using the software anymore because their character has his leg blown off.

At the end of the day, if its do-able and the team is willing to consider it and the modding community willing to support it, go for it. I'm not too bothered by the leg off thing, but seeing someone limp around after getting messed up would be a welcome feature. It would also be interesting if the wounded person on the ground would roll around in pain instead of face-down in the dirt. I know there was a revive system in A2, where the guy would roll around and scream in pain. Sure, some injuries you might not do such a thing and be able to endure the pain if you have a high threshold, but you also wouldn't always be face down asleep 100% of the time neither.

Dumb-as-rocks isn't to include dismemberment, it is to make dismemberment something that is fixable by going into a med tent and clicking on an option in the scroll menu.

Dumb-as-rocks isn't to include dismemberment, it is to make dismemberment something that is fixable by going into a med tent and clicking on an option in the scroll menu.

Well I suppose you could delegate him to UAV control :p

Also +1 dismemberment if only for shock value and immersion.

I agree with having a "mode" perhaps if one so desires (I would use it in our clan) where some injuries require evac to a base where more comprehensive medical care has to be administered. Even if its is longer time out period even. It would certainly pull the reigns on some of my more RAMBO, better of with call of duty kinda players.

Its still in development.

But we are on a good way ;-)

We want to release a good alpha version. But this takes time. I think its better to release a good version and not a buggy one.

Its still in development.

But we are on a good way ;-)

We want to release a good alpha version. But this takes time. I think its better to release a good version and not a buggy one.

I didn't understand.Like you guys only add this itens until now or this itens are the recently work? But i'm not saying that this isn't great.Keep the good work guys.

Its been a long time since I had feedback :/ Don't want to spam anything but is it in progress :) ? Just want to make sure you guys didn't abandon the project :D Keep it up looks really nice !

Hey guys,

yes, we are still working on RWS. Modeling is finished so far, we are working on the explosive damage atm.

It probably will take some more time to fix the problems we are encountering.

I will keep you all up to date when there is a progress.

Regards

Thanks a lot for the feedback looking foward to this mod :D As I said I didn't want to spam or anything :O

Hey, I was planning to make something exactly like this but with an extension to define actual hitspheres/hitboxes for organs and arteries. Since this already exists, want to integrate the extension when it's finished?

Hey, I was planning to make something exactly like this but with an extension to define actual hitspheres/hitboxes for organs and arteries. Since this already exists, want to integrate the extension when it's finished?

How are you planning to do that? I think there are a few more options hidden in the code to define one or two more spots, but nothing major. Unless you're trying to create a random array to choose from?

How are you planning to do that? I think there are a few more options hidden in the code to define one or two more spots, but nothing major. Unless you're trying to create a random array to choose from?

Using a dll (or extension) to do it rather than script. There are no limitations with that.

please add more/better gore than vanilla, blood trails for tracking would be epic if we could actually see them easier from large wounds

please add more/better gore than vanilla, blood trails for tracking would be epic if we could actually see them easier from large wounds

I second this, no way to see if you hit a guy in vanilla Arma

I second this, no way to see if you hit a guy in vanilla Arma

+100 :bounce3:

SO How is the Work On this Project going?

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

If you need a Group to a LOAD TEST multiplayer dedicated server please hit me up. Very interested in this project and the merging into the battlefield with our custom systems. Thanks for filling in the bulletholes with tampons.

When will this be released?

Youshould also add in Epiphrine and Defibs