NemesisoD

Realistic Wounding System [RWS]

Do you guys have any idea if your gonna release within this year or before January 5th? My clans is starting up again with a brand new Campaign there, it would be cool to know if we can count on this mod for release before?

Great job. It is a pity that the developers can not offer anything like that.

A small note. Perhaps person picture (with areas of damage) should be more conservative and strict.

Could we get a confirmation that the quick-check will be an optional part of the mod? That's really a make or break for our group.

Few pages back you may have missed this post.

You will be able to disable quickcheck. Zodd got the point, quickcheck gives you only a generic information about the wounded.

There will be many options for mission creators to customize RWS. You can define wether you need a medevac or if a medic is able to give a "magical" full heal in the field.

It is up to the mission creator how realistic RWS will be.

I am hyped as hell for this mod. A proper wounding system is what ArmA3 lacks the most right now, in my humble opinion.

Happy winter solstice, you guys - and a big Thank You for your efforts! :-)

Will this mod affect enemy AI as far as how many rounds it takes to disable/kill them?

Hey NemesisOD,

is there something new that you can show to the public? or even better an alpha version for better tracking of issues?

my team and myself cant wait for such an addon! :)

Hi,

just wait a little bit more. We will release some more information soon.

Happy new year!

Development went on in the christmas holidays and we took another step forward with RWS.

The treatment of wounds is working for now and actually we are looking into the implementation of pain and painkillers.

There will be a natural level of adrenaline which will affect your sense of pain. RWS will feature chronical pain from medication and woundings and sudden "normal" pain from woundings.

We are already running two different systems of RWS the first one called "Daily Combat" where you will have a medikit which will allow you to do some sort of a final healing in the field. The second and more realistic variant of RWS always needs a MEDEVAC to a medical facility where the wounds can be treated. A combat first aid is always needed (in both variants), the medikit will not work until you stopped the bleeding and pain.

We invented a combatmedicpack which you can open per double-click in your gear, so you do not have bandages and painkillers between your combat equipment (nades and mags) in the inventory.

Here you can see some of our new 3d-models of medical equipment.

brzov7as.png

jtznp983.png

If you have further questions just ask in the thread or mail me via pn.

Could we get a confirmation that the quick-check will be an optional part of the mod? That's really a make or break for our group.

Yes you will be able to disable the QuickCheck.

Will this mod affect enemy AI as far as how many rounds it takes to disable/kill them?

It will not affect the enemy AI, due to the performance issues you will get, when any AI on the Server is running RWS. We will make it possible to add RWS to specific AI via the init-line of the unit.

Regards

NBRC_FOX

Edited by NBRC_FOX

Models look good! Looking forward to testing your first release!

Hey got a question!

Now I have not followed it exactly, but there is already a publishing schedule?

greeting Simon

Hello, I was wondering when there will be a release for this epic mod and if your planning on adding amputations in the mod if like someone stands on a IED and their leg is shattered? :D

Guys, everyone is waiting for this mod, or another mod somewhere on this forum. Asking the developers of a specific topic is just begging for the same response given year after year, post after post, and that is....wait for it..........."it's released when it's finished!!!"

I know you two are new, but being such, means that you were just given a link not too long ago informing you of the forum rules about spamming. Asking for release dates is considered such. I'm not a moderator, just trying to help keep you from 1) pestering the developers of the mod, and 2) hoping that you'll understand that there are rules for a reason, and to keep you from getting infractions this early in your membership here.

RWS_Compress / not used

2014010800002n4ezau5pd_thumb.jpg

A small object but a huge step forward (Modding, Light, Shadow, Specular)

Edited by Cigar0

Nice job, I have read somewhere thet this is possible to make player lose his limb (like in VBS

) I think it would be awesome if you could make it, and add to your mod. To heal player from this, he must be evac to medstation/hospital etc. and then he come back to fight. It`s just an idea, i gues it would be hard do to, but also very intresting. Sorry for my english, good luck with mod, can`t wait to try it :D

Nice job, I have read somewhere thet this is possible to make player lose his limb (like in VBS
) I think it would be awesome if you could make it, and add to your mod. To heal player from this, he must be evac to medstation/hospital etc. and then he come back to fight. It`s just an idea, i gues it would be hard do to, but also very intresting. Sorry for my english, good luck with mod, can`t wait to try it :D

Man, if you guys implemented that sort of system with the visuals and everything, that'd be a hell of a lot of fun to spring on my unsuspecting group. I can already hear their shocked responses to a missing limb like that when they don't know about the feature. Just the other day we had a team member go down to a small IED during an unmounted patrol, it'd be awesome to have them really screwed up and need casevac and recovery instead of just insta-death, beyond just being entertaining as the jerk who likes to give awful surprises to his fellow arma players :p

Super stoked for your system, so far it seems like exactly what my team has been waiting for. Thanks for the awesome work so far and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the addon :D

My understanding was, from reading the Gore Thread in early Alpha Times, that it wasn't easily possible without redoing the models and all that stuff... Would be neat though.

As i remember you have to create new model, but with no leg. I gues that it`s harder to make it work in game, to see this player without leg, and to script, that when he has no arma, he can`t hold weapon etc. If it`s possible it would be awesome, the only bad point of it, is that this player will get back his leg after visit in hospital and it`s not realistic. But on the oter side add kind of big thing to arma. I would like to help, but I have no idea about modding (but I would like to learn), I`m only mission maker, so my knowledge about creating mods is very little.

Edited by Przemro

Do you guys already have some sort of realese date? thanks for reading and making this amazing mod.;)