NemesisoD

Realistic Wounding System [RWS]

Wow this looks like the best med system I every saw, finaly to use more knowledge as normal times!

Are we able to intubate later?

Do we got more med stuff or ifaks? (Nasopharyngeal airway,Oropharyngeal airway)

Radioactive and gas simulation

Does this mean that you guys might add MOPP suits and gas masks to the game as well to protect against that? Or would you rather leave that to ACE or something?

Does this mean that you guys might add MOPP suits and gas masks to the game as well to protect against that? Or would you rather leave that to ACE or something?

IMO, best implementation would be a simple gasmask and then a simple way for addon makers to have a way to make a wearable item gas proof via the config, like a cfgweapons thing like RWS_CBRN_Protection=1; or similar.

My goal is to implement gas masks, radiation suits and also a geiger counter. I'am working on the model for the counter right now and hope to release it soon.

Greets TSS Cigar0

Wow this looks like the best med system I every saw, finaly to use more knowledge as normal times!

Are we able to intubate later?

Do we got more med stuff or ifaks? (Nasopharyngeal airway,Oropharyngeal airway)

We would like to implement intubation and ventilation but we are working on managing these effects and make them visible. The items are already planned.

IMO, best implementation would be a simple gasmask and then a simple way for addon makers to have a way to make a wearable item gas proof via the config, like a cfgweapons thing like RWS_CBRN_Protection=1; or similar.

We will have a radiation-module which will introduce radiation. You just need to add a defined init to an object. This object will be radioactive with an impact on personal health.

Gas simulation will be implemented as Cigar0 mentioned before. We are working on Suits, gasmasks and a Geiger-Mueller counter. For Addon-makers we might make protection classes so you can add a specific protection-level to your addon, e.g. a gasmask protects you against some chemical warfare agents but not against radiation.

Alright. This all sounds very cool. I shall keep an eye on this.

Don't you dare disappoint us. ^_^

We will have a radiation-module which will introduce radiation. You just need to add a defined init to an object. This object will be radioactive with an impact on personal health.

Gas simulation will be implemented as Cigar0 mentioned before. We are working on Suits, gasmasks and a Geiger-Mueller counter. For Addon-makers we might make protection classes so you can add a specific protection-level to your addon, e.g. a gasmask protects you against some chemical warfare agents but not against radiation.

Niiice, I bet Meshcarver would certainly use those modules for his STALKER Island mod... I´m looking forward this, ArmA3 needs desparetly a better wounding system (X39 is working on one, but it needs to be scripted in the mission or else it doesn´t work...)

cheers

Makes me wonder that between this and the new arrow head radio mod if ACE and ACRE are going to take a side step to some new blood?

Makes me wonder that between this and the new arrow head radio mod if ACE and ACRE are going to take a side step to some new blood?

How long did it take for ACE2 to come out after Arma 2? It might be in the works. Secretly.

umm i found some thing you might find of use to this mod http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/story/health/story/2011-11-14/Morphine-lollipop-dulls-pain-for-wounded-troops/51193380/1

or u can call the morphine auto injector a serrete. just to keep the names sort in the menus and stuff and give you some other ideas :P

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

remember that ace is a combination of many mods from many people. in are community of players. so this could be a part of the ace3 system one day you never know.

They have been using Fentanyl lozenges (OTFC; ACTIQ) for a while. If you want it to be medically accurate you cannot just rename an autoinjector, duplicated so to speak with a new model, because you're talking about a completely different product. Different absorption rates. Different reasons for giving such a medication. Kazenokizu, more information can be found on the combat relations to this drug in the Ranger Medical Manual. As per that manual, "Action: Action similar to morphine with more rapid and less prolonged analgesia and sedation, but less emetic effect" and indicated in the "moderate" pain category only, I don't know how that equates to what it is like currently in-game or how to measure it.

Question, how long will somebody be incapacitated if wounded? Obviously someone might not want to stay 20 minutes on the ground waiting while someone is healing him.

If you want fast healing just use the arma3 style. In ACE/2 full revive could take several minutes and its good that way. If revive takes only 10sec., there is no need for attacking the save way and also not very realistic.

I had a quick look through the previous posts and I didn't see anything about the notorious 'gore' (dismemberment) which quite a few people had been asking for elsewhere. Is it something you guys are planning on implementing or is it just too gruesome? Personally I think it would be a good thing to add as maybe an optional module. It would certainly add a few options for gameplay with your mod. I think it's a bit silly when you step on an IED you just become unconcious and bleed, would be better in my opinion if you actually receive the injuries associated with those kind of things going off.

http://manuals.bisimulations.com/vbs2/1-60/manuals/Content/Resources/Images/Editor_Manual/amputations0.jpg (338 kB)

umm i found some thing you might find of use to this mod http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ops/51193380/1

or u can call the morphine auto injector a serrete. just to keep the names sort in the menus and stuff and give you some other ideas :P

We already know the "lollipop" but we are not quite sure if there will be a use for in RWS. Some other ideas on what to implement are always welcome!

Question, how long will somebody be incapacitated if wounded? Obviously someone might not want to stay 20 minutes on the ground waiting while someone is healing him.

The time you have to treat wounded is variable and depends on the injuries they are suffering from. There will be a lifetime, it is a variable which a missioncreator can change. "Lifetime" counts down from the point when your heart stops beating (there will be a default value; atm its 60sec and can be extended via CPR). This gives you the option to change the difficulty of RWS.

I had a quick look through the previous posts and I didn't see anything about the notorious 'gore' (dismemberment) which quite a few people had been asking for elsewhere. Is it something you guys are planning on implementing or is it just too gruesome? Personally I think it would be a good thing to add as maybe an optional module. It would certainly add a few options for gameplay with your mod. I think it's a bit silly when you step on an IED you just become unconcious and bleed, would be better in my opinion if you actually receive the injuries associated with those kind of things going off....

We need to look into this. This will probably add a bunch of work to our project cause you will need many new models (arms, legs, bodies without arms and legs). We add this to our list but at the moment it has very a low priority.

We are working on a new feature called "Quickcheck". If you are far away from an injured comrad on the field you cannot tell which specific injuries he has so you just get a vague clue why he is suffering. When you get closer the "Quickcheck" becomes more accurate and the interface tells you more specific details about the injuries.

preview_04.jpg

We have updated the 1st post with a new picture of the items and a small personal Geiger-Mueller counter.

Regards

NBRC_FOX

Edited by NBRC_FOX

What is meant by "he is unc..." ? Can i scan 30m around people and see what their status is? Do i have a star trek recorder? :P

What is meant by "he is unc..." ? Can i scan 30m around people and see what their status is? Do i have a star trek recorder? :P

Do you need a Star Trek Tricoder to notice, that a person who lays approximatly 10 meters away is unconscious? :p It just tells you what is obvious from your current position. On the picture you can easily see that the person is unconscious. E.g. the person is hit in the leg and you are not to far away, quickcheck tells you his leg is hurt (cause you can already see it) and if you get closer the interface changes and you see which part of the leg is injured.

Edited by NBRC_FOX

Do i have a star trek recorder? :P

Yes he has a StarTrek tricorder :)

Can I has a tricorder too ;)

And what happen if the person is lying behind a bush or in high grass? Scanning could be a future setting ;)

If you've no direct line of sight to the injured person, the QuickCheck doesn't work. This includes bushes, trees and other objects, at the current state grass has no effect to the Quick Check.

This is not an "Magic Medical Check", it helps you as a soldier to evaluate how hard someone is injured, and whether you have to act quickly, or you just can clarify the situation first.

In RWS is no constant Lifetime you can set your clock after. The lifetime depends on different factors, from which projectile or grenade someone was hit, how many body parts are affected etc.

Now, if an injured person is on an open area, you would like to know how severe the injuries are, even if it is only a rough assessment and will also be subject to errors under some circumstances.

You could of course just as well run and read the correct values ​​via the interface, but do not be surprised if you soon will be next who hits the ground.

looking very nice. Any expected release date of this mod? Is it at least in this year?

I'm a leader of a Danish Clan, Nordic Ninjas, and we would love to test this, og use it in our games.

Keep it up, looking forward to release.

Is that 'quick check' feature realistic or is it just to help with gameplay? To get a proper understanding what injuries someone has obviously you've got to be right next to them but I don't think you could see much if you're more than 10-15 metres away in real life and even then you'd only notice the obvious stuff like limbs missing and someone not moving. I don't think for example you should be able to see that someone has a broken ankle from 10 metres away.

Very promising looking mod btw :)

The time you have to treat wounded is variable and depends on the injuries they are suffering from. There will be a lifetime, it is a variable which a missioncreator can change. "Lifetime" counts down from the point when your heart stops beating (there will be a default value; atm its 60sec and can be extended via CPR). This gives you the option to change the difficulty of RWS.

So, is this mod going to also function as a revive script? I'm asking, because my group is looking for just this type of medic system, but we like having the ability to revive.

I will definitely being keeping tabs on this mod - it looks superb. We've needed something like this since the ACE team seems to have excused themselves from Arma 3. Let us all know when you're looking for testers.

Is there planned to add medical station ?(a big med tent or building where you can finish the main treatment)

I saw in the screenshots that you can add bloodpacks, its quiet unrealisitc that someone carrys these arround in the field.