Sign in to follow this  
giorox

Trouble unpacking Arma 2 files to ca folder in P:\ drive

So, recently i have undertaken the task of trying my hand at making an Arma 2 map using Visitor 3.

After scouring the internet for tutorials i have set my mind on Mondkalb's Terrain Tutorial since i have followed his Addon making tutorials before and they helped me immensely.

Now to my problem: I already had my Arma tools and P:\ drive setup as i had tried (and somewhat succeed) at making some models on Oxygen 2. Although following Mondkalb's tutorial he gets to the part where we need to unpack the Arma 2 .pbos on to the ca folder on the P:\ drive and from there he points us to Bush's Geotypical Microterrains - A Beginners Guide, so naturally i followed it, in Bush's tutorial he speaks of "Mikero's Dos Tools" specifically one called Arma2P, he also sends us to a website to download it, when i downloaded said tool, it came missing 3 .rar files that he states should be included and are not, AND 2 of the files appear to either not exist or be named something else on the download page.

Thus, there is no way that i can set up Arma2P and i am stuck at the very beginnings of map making.

Can anyone be as kind as to tell me how i should proceed about this? What to download? What to use? Names? Anything to help me unpack the files into my ca folder and get me back on making the terrain.

convert48.rar

DePBO3.52.rar

ExtractPBO1.80.rar

I realize the version doesn't matter but the names are different.

Hi Giorox!

Hmmm...

Looks like Mikero has updated his Arma2P tool to 2.5.1c, so you'll need that to start with...

In the enclosed ReadMe Mikero says...

"latest copies of extractpbo convertp3d and depbodll are required

latest versions should always be retrieved from dev-heaven.http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files"

Recently, Mikero has started converting all his tools from simple files to self-installing packages, so "extractpbo" refers to the

ExtractPbo2.10.0.3.Installer.exe package...

However - as you've noticed, "convertp3d" seems to be missing from the current lineup... !

Depbodll refers to the DePbo4.21.rar from the current list...

Not sure about that missing ConvertP3D fileset though - I'll ask Mikero about that later tonight if I see him online...

Meantime, HERE's a little package with the latest Arma2P, DePbo.dll and my currently-in-use versions of ConvertP3d and ExtractPbo - with a bit of luck this little folder should be all you need to get progressing again...

Good Luck!

B

Thank you very much Bushlurker.

Indeed the only missing thing was ConvertP3D i had seen the other ones and i had them, i just wasn't sure about ConvertP3D

Well what i did was tried to find the old 2.5.1a which after searching i did, and it worked without issue,

Here's the download link for 2.5.1a :):