tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment (A3) WiP Thread

Heya people,

I'm having problem with loudness. Not sure if it's the limitation of 44 KHz / 16 bit, but I just can't make the first person sounds as snappy and loud as I'd like them to be (without distorting them). This means that you'll might have to boost your output volume a bit to get satisfying results with ACSE, but ofcourse it all depends on your sound system and settings...

I'm planning to make another video soon. Is there anything specific you guys would like to hear?

Is there anything specific you guys would like to hear?

Will be ACE3 made for a3? :icon_twisted:

I'm planning to make another video soon. Is there anything specific you guys would like to hear?

The big guns; .50 cals and helo cannons especially.

Can't wait! :yay:

Jesus '-' some people

Look at his signature. :3

Thats old news... :D

Learn to READ. ACSE is not ACE.

Very nice work. Looking awesome so far. I assume it will only be vanilla sounds? I'd like to hear a mini gun, from the gunner view :)

My biggest want is suppressed weapons and such, but vehicle weapons (like Ghosthawk's minigun, Wipeout's cannon and HMG and GMG) would also be a super big want to hear.

How about just a mixed environment, set AI (or players if you have the ability) to fight in various scenarios (like the initial video) with various loadouts. This will hopefully simulate the battlefield noise as a whole rather than focusing on just individual weapon sounds.

Just want to let the author know that this is the mod that I am looking forward to the most! I'm extremely excited for the mod! Also if you need any help testing I'd be greatfulif you let me try it out ;). Thanks!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Heya people,

I'm having problem with loudness. Not sure if it's the limitation of 44 KHz / 16 bit, but I just can't make the first person sounds as snappy and loud as I'd like them to be (without distorting them). This means that you'll might have to boost your output volume a bit to get satisfying results with ACSE, but ofcourse it all depends on your sound system and settings...

Awesome project, very good work so far. Very much looking forward to this, can't think of any more important addition to A3 as it is, than this.

I hope you can achieve the sound you are looking for, but I think the sounds are already far more dynamic than anything I know of. It's been a positive aspect in vanilla sounds too, but especially on this one. Few other games that implement any more complicated modeling have a very compressed overall audio "image", in my opinion, while this thing doesn't. Which is awesome.

I wonder, would it be possible to set minimum volume thresholds, to selectively play simultaneous sounds to the listener? Just some ignorant, random thought on the large battle blowing the computer up -thing...

Heya people,

Honestly, I'd love to hear a full-fledged battle going on. Like, drop a few groups going toe-to-toe in a large village and then have some armour rolling in and perhaps a helicopter or two. Just to get a feel for the overall war effect rather than individual sounds.

Looking forward to the video. I'd like to hear the parts you're most proud of, and a good showcase of the transitions e.g. indoors to town, to indoors, to forest to desert, or similar. And a variety of weapons.

As for boosting sound output, sounds reasonable. But what are the side-effects? Crazy-loud birds? Any ideas on ways to attenuate such issues?

Hey tpM,

I signed up to the forums just to tell you how great the mod looks so far and how much I'm looking forward to the release. Keep up the great work! As for sounds in the upcoming video I'd love to hear incoming fire. Cheers!

Sounds brilliant, been keeping my eye on this one for a while now, but I'm really getting ichy to try this one out :P

As for the upcoming video, it would be very interesting as well to hear what you guys have done with bullets whizzing by, sonic cracks, that sort of stuff.

Can't wait for this! As good as JSRS is, there's something about it that niggles me the wrong way, seriously hyped for something more akin to the original ACESM!

TpM, could you give us an ETA on your next video? I'm literally checking this thread multiple times a day now XD