tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment (A3) WiP Thread

Sounds really good but I do think there is a bit too much echo.

Will that be different outside of towns?

It should be different, according to previous videos. I believe there are separate effects for different environments like towns, forests, and fields.

Very excited for Tech Demo here :bounce3:

Make it so! *looks at developer picture*

Same here! Sounds good!

How did I not see this thread before? I am so incredibly psyched for this. No more trying to choose between JSRS and SOS. There will finally be a clear best sound mod.

Hi all,

Well I'm in London now, but no luck so far with jobs. I worked in a café before and can speak English well, but sometimes thats not enough... I'm also computer literate and as you could already hear, I have experience in sound design ;) but I have no idea if I could get a job in fields related to these without any kind of degree... I guess the answer would be "no".

Anyhow, expect first release of ACSE around the end of Spring. I know the waiting might be a bit longer than what you expected after zGuba's update a few pages before, but I feel that I need some more time.

Thanks for the kind words and support.

Edited by tpM

Anyhow, expect first release of ACSE around the end of Spring. I know the waiting might be a bit longer than what you expected after zGuba's update a few pages before, but I feel that I need some more time.

Noone should jeopardize his career and/or well being over a game or an addon to a game - at least not if he isn't a professional game artist and is being paid for it. :D So take your time. I'd rather have a complete mod from someone who can continue to work on it after release, even if I have to wait a bit longer. :)

Hi all,

.... I have no idea if I could get a job in fields related to these without any kind of degree... I guess the answer would be "no".

I beg to differ, if you are applying for a stable full time sound engineering job at a studio then yeah it would be hard to get your foot in the door without credentials or a strong personal reference. ....Yet!.. If you were to approach smaller game companies as an independent contractor for sound design you may have some luck, it would not hurt to try as you clearly have a passion for it. A strong portfolio (demo video) will go a long way. Don't give up so easily ;)

Good luck!

Cant wait for thism im following this thread since it was announced :)

I know the waiting might be a bit longer than what you expected after zGuba's update a few pages before, but I feel that I need some more time.

Thanks for keeping us updated, and I hope you find a job to your liking very soon. As a matter of fact I took zGuba's 'tech demo' to mean just a showcase of the sounds and systems of ACSE on YouTube, not a release.

Hi all,

Well I'm in London now, but no luck so far with jobs. I worked in a café before and can speak English well, but sometimes thats not enough... I'm also computer literate and as you could already hear, I have experience in sound design ;) but I have no idea if I could get a job in fields related to these without any kind of degree... I guess the answer would be "no".

As i asked you previously.. will this mod affect all other sounds like vehicles? or is this just focusing on weapons? you could take lot of vehicle sounds from the jsrs! thanks for the updates

I was wondering this as well. It would be a shame to have such a beautiful sound setup + weapon sounds but not affect vehicles.

I too would love it if the vehicles had sounds, dont need to rush it, take as much time as you need, great job so far :D

Will the sounds be compatible with pistols? And addon weapons?

no, I don't believe so. It's just in progress. The maker said it would be released sometime in spring, and spring is just started.

@insumsnoy: No. Go back a page and read.

Expect first release of ACSE around the end of Spring. I know the waiting might be a bit longer than what you expected after zGuba's update a few pages before, but I feel that I need some more time.

yippie! cant wait

Sent from mobile

Any possibilities of doing ACSE for coming vehicle addons? I would love to include this in my upcoming Modern Assets Mod.(modpack with self made mods as well as others)

I'm excited. I expect nothing short of greatness. Cannot wait to use this with the Real Weather mod. I can almost feel the immersion.

Verry excited i really liked this mod loud shots and with the cracks :D

I hope this is going to be released soon. :)