tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment (A3) WiP Thread

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, but I've been busy. I'm still working on the sounds + have a lotsa real life stuff going on. Tomorrow I'm gonna move to a different country because it's impossible for me to make a living here in my homeland (úúú and also because of the adventure :D). I'll be taking all my data with me, so it won't hurt development that much. :>

Edited by tpM
typo

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, but I've been busy. I'm still working on the sounds + have a lotsa real life stuff going on. Tomorrow I'm gonna move to a different country because it's impossible for me to make a living in here my homeland. I'll be taking all my data with me, so it won't hurt development that much. :>

Good luck!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, but I've been busy. I'm still working on the sounds + have a lotsa real life stuff going on. Tomorrow I'm gonna move to a different country because it's impossible for me to make a living in here my homeland (úúú and also because of the adventure :D). I'll be taking all my data with me, so it won't hurt development that much. :>

That's a BIG change in one's life, take your time man and best of luck to you, both IRL as well as this awesomeness. :cheers:

Stumbled up on this one and it sounds awesome, distant sounds/gunfire is sorely missing in stock A3!

Good luck with your relocation...

/KC

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, but I've been busy. I'm still working on the sounds + have a lotsa real life stuff going on. Tomorrow I'm gonna move to a different country because it's impossible for me to make a living here in my homeland (úúú and also because of the adventure :D). I'll be taking all my data with me, so it won't hurt development that much. :>

Well you're part of the EU so the wEUrld is your oyster... see what I did there. Come to London we have jobs or so I'm told...

man great work!!!, i have lived in a country where you hear gunfire daily, and this sounds just like it!!! i applaud you my friend, too real....

First of all, the best of luck in your new country tpM!

This mod comes closest to how guns sound IRL. As a soldier, I frequently hear weapons being fired in valleys, and this almost replicates it perfectly. I'm checking this thread nearly every day in the hope that you'll release soon :)

We have increased our efforts to release the mod faster. Expect tech demo quite soon.

We have increased our efforts to release the mod faster. Expect tech demo quite soon.

Great news :satisfied:

exciting!

Sent from mobile

♥ Sounds great! :)

Certainty looking forward to this. The scale of what you are trying to achieve is inspirational. Good luck on release!

The sounds in this mod really got punch where it should be and the environment and distance related sound morphing is breath taking and very believable. The sound morphing part is just superb to say the least, and no other sound mod can achieve this so far. I hope this mod can live up to what the video shows.

why is this not allready built into arma 3, how can BI call arma a simulator without this type of sound immersion

What I really like about this sound mod, apart from the others, is that it takes the environment, distance, and positioning of the sound source into consideration. Very cool stuff. Curious if environment effects or explosives will also be modified?

Only explosives that are being shot, unless we get ammo explosion event handler.

Very excited for Tech Demo here :bounce3:

Only explosives that are being shot, unless we get ammo explosion event handler.

Make it so! *looks at developer picture*

Make it so! *looks at developer picture*

Hehe indeed!

Thanks for the update zGuba. Eagerly awaiting the demo.

Awesome news! From what I've heard so far this will probably be my go to mod as far as sound goes

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

are you working on other type of sounds such as explosions , cars , helicopters ..etc ?

weapons sound amazing! but what ppl needs is a complete sound mod to replace for example the JSRS 2.0 or SPS

why is this not allready built into arma 3, how can BI call arma a simulator without this type of sound immersion

I really have to agree with you on that. Hats off to the team to create this but this is really the job of the Game devs and kinda sad they leave it to the community to build believable sounds in a so called simulator (stock sounds woefully flat and lifeless). If widely adopted, which I'm sure it will be then they owe you money for making the game better. Not to take away from the amazing work though!!! Go team :bounce3:

Sounds really good but I do think there is a bit too much echo.

Will that be different outside of towns?