tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment (A3) WiP Thread

I just saw a video on armaholic and the sounds looks pretty realistics, i hope it will be playable with JSRS sound mod !

I just saw a video on armaholic and the sounds looks pretty realistics, i hope it will be playable with JSRS sound mod !

How can this even be possible?

ACSE brings it's own sound-samples and scripts affecting distance sounds are only a part of the mod..not THE mod itself.

JSRS working -almost- in the same way nonetheless..

In the end of the day all of us we ll have to choose which of those fits our needs best

Edited by GiorgyGR

I still don't get how people imagine it's compatibility with other soundmods. :D

I still don't get how people imagine it's compatibility with other soundmods. :D

LOL! Don't let it keep you from doing the good work you are doing ;)

From the video I think this one will end up being VERY popular. If you need/want a beta tester let me know! :D

Sounds awesome as usual tpM. Always a big fan of your work. ;)

Also, "ACE 3. Yeah, it exists." ...Holy fudge! Amongst all the new highly annoying little ponies and anime teenage girls this makes me happy to be alive. You guys are the best, period.

Sounding really good TpM

Keep up the great work.

I foresee very difficult sound mod decisions in the future.

I foresee very difficult sound mod decisions in the future.

I don't!

As soon as there are awesomm distant boomboom sounds in it i'll uninstall JSRS and pick yours.

SOS has some good ones in it but it lacks good weapon sounds.

Your work looks impressive so far and with blastcore and this mod arma3 will be highly enjoyable. Thanks for your effort.

Sounds awesome as usual tpM. Always a big fan of your work. ;)

Also, "ACE 3. Yeah, it exists." ...Holy fudge! Amongst all the new highly annoying little ponies and anime teenage girls this makes me happy to be alive. You guys are the best, period.

Someone that understands my pain. I'm not the only one!

Awaiting patiently for this master piece for ear candy.

I think the are a lot of old timers lurking in these forums, waiting for the Grail of ACE3 to be announced. Even just a teaser of features without any promises. Just to let us know we've not been forsaken and left in a future where we don't belong 2035!);)

(sorry for slightly off topic, but the only A3 thread that starts with "Advanced Combat.....Environment :cool:)

I think the are a lot of old timers lurking in these forums, waiting for the Grail of ACE3 to be announced.

indeed! checking nearly every day :D

How can this even be possible?

ACSE brings it's own sound-samples and scripts affecting distance sounds are only a part of the mod..not THE mod itself.

JSRS working -almost- in the same way nonetheless..

In the end of the day all of us we ll have to choose which of those fits our needs best

Ok so It will be hard to make a choice ...

Please remember that our team members are involved in variety of other Arma projects. There is steady progress on mod's engine and content (sounds) regardless - we are relatively close to release.

cant wait, quick question, have you done anything with explosions? because no soundmod is complete without explosions

Not every explosion can be handled easily, but we investigate the issue. Projectile explosions are implemented already, but there are areas where we'll probably have to keep using the vanilla sound engine.

Interesting, could you elaborate slightly on why explosions are more troublesome than the gunshots? Is it simply the need for a different approach (and therefore not enough resources) or because using the system on explosions actually causes issues?

There are no event handlers on ammo explosions.

You mean when Ammo crates go up in flames?

You mean when Ammo crates go up in flames?

no i think he means the "cookoffs" when a loaded vehicle blows up

There are no event handlers on ammo explosions.

Ah makes sense, thank you. Good luck polishing up the mod.

Sounds really amazing and will increase the whole feel of the game. Can't wait to try.

Will this include Helicopter sounds or only weapons. Sounds amazing but if its just weapons i can still with JSRS