tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment (A3) WiP Thread

Sounds awesome!! Will you be covering vehicle sounds such as engines or is it just weapons and grenades etc?

just one question, will you add ear plug in your mod too, or we have to wait for a third part mod?

thx

Wow, sounds promising.

At the moment i am running the Speedofsound mod, wich does the same thing. But your mod sounds even better. Can't wait for a videoexample of vehicle sounds and explosions.

That boom in the distance makes me nervous everytime :)

Keep up the good work.

Sounds really impressive and natural! Great job so far.

Awww I just wished, JSRS, Speed of Sound and ACSE could be combined or working together on a major overhaul of the A3 sound engine to maximize profit from their work :)

Wow! thats seriously incredible! cannot wait to get into firefights with this!

Congrats from me, this sounds extremely impressive and realistic! Seems like we have a few great Soundmods incoming for Arma 3. It will be hard to choose.

(I still would like to hear a high caliber gun going of indoors just to hear what you mean by annoying)

Fantastic work! In a game like Arma immersion really matters to me, and the sounds are a big factor in immersion. And the vanilla sounds doesn't quite do it for me. I can't wait till we get to hear what the HMG's on tanks are gonna sound like. In vanilla, I think HMG's on the tracked vehicles sounds weird. Tracking :)

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*ahem*

I've recovered now.

Do suppressed weapons get any special attention? Ie, the sonic crack separating out from the small muzzle blast at various ranges and angles to the gun? Ie, the shooter hears it, meaning the apparent gunshot is loud, but someone 50m behind him doesn't? If that's how it works. It's complicated and deserves an in-depth look by someone with the knowledge.

Gotta say, these are the most realistic weapon sounds I have ever heard in any video game. My ears still constantly ring after we fired AKs in building (with blanks) when I was working for the army years back...you guys have captured how simply annoying it is to shoot indoors...and I love that!

not only the realistic sounding distant filtering, the pure gunshot sounds in near distance are so amazing i never heard with any other soundmod in any other game (amen). I hope it will be possible to mix the epic explosion sounds of speedofsound with the very authentic vehicle sounds of jsrs to a new uber-soundmod :p

thx for answering the performance related question :)

Loving the combination of distant small arms fire and the impacts on that Hunter sounds very impressive. It's a very believable environment, my biggest gripe with the Arma audio engine fixed. I'm not a big fan of over compressed, ear piercing low resolution samples being used in mods, but this sounds very promising. :) well done quite amazing. :beeeers:

What about sonic cracks for tank shells and artillery? Vanilla sonic crack for all weapons are the same, even tank shells and MLRS rockets :mad:

Thanks for taking the time to show it off in a longer video. It's so damn good I understand why you want to show it off, now.

Would love to hear the pitch-change based on angle of fire, too!

Keep it up, you're doing Arma proud!

This is sick!! Very well done. As many stated, this will up the immersion a thousandfold. Can't wait for it's release :)

What about sonic cracks for tank shells and artillery? Vanilla sonic crack for all weapons are the same, even tank shells and MLRS rockets :mad:

I think the idea is that this will be for infantry weapons only. Correct me if I'm wrong TpM.

At 3:05 (the part where the camera is behind the hill), will the low-pass filter gradually decrease as we climb the hill and become parallel (in height) with the shooter? Example of what I mean (made in about a minute, excuse the lack of varying gun sounds :p):

Gunshots Running Up Hill (Example)

(Caution: It's a bit loud)

Edited by GDSN

I think the idea is that this will be for infantry weapons only. Correct me if I'm wrong TpM.

You'r wrong. :p

It will also have new sonic cracks, impacts and also environmental (nature) SFX, but these wont be dynamic. Tank guns, autocannons and other vehicle weapons though will get the ACSE treatment just like the infatry weapons and grenades.

At 3:05 (the part where the camera is behind the hill), will the low-pass filter gradually decrease as we climb the hill and become parallel (in height) with the shooter? Example of what I mean (made in about a minute, excuse the lack of varying gun sounds :p):

Gunshots Running Up Hill (Example)

(Caution: It's a bit loud)

No, our sounds are pre-designed fitting for certain situations. Ingame we can only affect their loudness and pitch (well, so far), so if you are behind something, you'll hear the same samples until you get out from your cover.

Edited by tpM
blabla

No, our sounds are pre-designed fitting for certain situations. Ingame we can only affect their loudness and pitch (well, so far), so if you are behind something, you'll hear the same samples until you get out from your cover.

Ah, I see. Thanks for your reply. Incredible what you've been able achieve using just pitch and volume.

So when running up the hill how do you handle the change from sound A to sound B? Something like this:

Sound A = muffled (low) sound.

Sound B = original/clear sound.

Sound A gradually increases in pitch and decreases in volume, while sound B gradually increases in volume (overlapping the two sounds together).

The speed at which this happens would depend on how fast you're moving.