Sign in to follow this  
dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - Upcoming Release Announcement

In my experience, usually almost any "objective" you create will end up in a "clear the area of enemies and then the objective is trivial".

Do you have a game manual with the basic game mechanics and keys?

good question!

In my experience, usually almost any "objective" you create will end up in a "clear the area of enemies and then the objective is trivial".

not really. a VIP would be a player that thinks and moves. how does that even compare to a flag area? same goes for bomb defuse modes. how is placing a bomb/defusing it the same as clearing an area? especially when there are several possible bomb locations. infact bobm modes, as opposed to zone cap modes, actually require you to hold a position at all costs. something i always miss in bf3/4. you cap it then you leave it. it's sometimes details that make a difference. it's wrong to think that these things are irrelevant to gameplay.

another thing would be to give flags properties. like a factory that spawns a tank when you hold it. or an intelligence HQ that allows the use of an UAV. or other similar advantages like artillery installations. you can do a lot of things to do more than simple flag cap modes. already the cache thing is different since it includes finding the cache and also will kind of force more indoors combat and also require one side to really fight to defend the cache location similar to bomb defuse modes.

keep in mind that by objective i don't mean arma style tasks which are rarely more than "get there, clear/destroy". i'm talking about creative game rules. in my opinion it would be wrong to just give up on this. arma is exactly the platform that allows more experiments instead of going with the same old safe thing. people often complain that tactical gamemodes end up as competitions for the most kills. this is exactly the reason why. imho :P

You. I like you.

These are some great ideas, BB.

Abs

not really. it's wrong to think that these things are irrelevant to gameplay.

another thing would be to give flags properties. like a factory that spawns a tank when you hold it. or an intelligence HQ that allows the use of an UAV. or other similar advantages like artillery installations. you can do a lot of things to do more than simple flag cap modes.

Jep, thats make the difference, verry good idea BB !

That's really great but, I'm worried about the desync, there are too many add ons there and ArmA don't handle well add ons in MULTI;

I bet will be wonderful to everyone who lives next to the server :P

@josche Your making it sound like battlefield 4 now lol ;)

That's really great but, I'm worried about the desync, there are too many add ons there and ArmA don't handle well add ons in MULTI;

I bet will be wonderful to everyone who lives next to the server :P

I live in Canada and the servers used for beta testing were located in Germany. I've had better performance in TB on a german server than on local domi/wasteland servers.

I live in Canada and the servers used for beta testing were located in Germany. I've had better performance in TB on a german server than on local domi/wasteland servers.

Australia to Germany with a 350 ping + 40 players and no performance problems here.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

another thing would be to give flags properties. like a factory that spawns a tank when you hold it. or an intelligence HQ that allows the use of an UAV. or other similar advantages like artillery installations. you can do a lot of things to do more than simple flag cap modes.

Even with TacBF in it's current open beta state, we have what I believe to be some very dynamic missions already included in the mission pack, including the switching of Forward Base ownership an it's associated assets dependent on holding a certain objective.

And whilst flags do exists within each of the objectives, the gameplay is more geared towards 'an area that you need to secure as opposed to 'flag capture' per se.

Flags are also irrelevant in our other included S&D gamemode where the focus is on intel gathering and cache discovery, but also ensuring as BLUFOR that your supply lines from main base via forward outposts (FO) are secure ...especially from suicide bombers and Vehicle Borne IEDs. Nothing like ramming a technical full of explosives charges into a FO full of unsuspecting BLUFOR!

Certainly there's a lot of room within the mod and missions themselves in the near future for linking certain objectives to the examples you list above and more. Add to this are planned compatibility with some of the fine addon work already in the ArmA-sphere, user made missions and future gamemodes ...and the future is looking very fun.

For now though, we want to ensure that the 'core' gameplay and functionality is correct and then expand on that.

By all means though, feel free to come visit the forums and 'wax lyrical' on your ideas for future gamemodes or even future missions.

Hell if it looks sound enough and I have the time, I'll even turn your Altis Powerpoint drawing into a mission! In the future though, we should also be able to help you guys make your own missions.

Edited by mad rabbit

not really. it's wrong to think that these things are irrelevant to gameplay.

Jep, thats make the difference, verry good idea BB !

Hey Josche plz get on our webpage to discuss ideas which can be very helpful http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/index.php.

Positive input aswell as critics are ever welcome!

In the first post press on the time/date and it send you to a website where you can see what time it is for your time zone. But the release will be in about 3.5 hours.

yea guys. i'm by no means criticizing what you have. i haven't even played it yet. was just elaborating as a response to galz's comment. i'm basically just sharing ideas. i know you guys have your own agenda.

Flags are also irrelevant in our other included S&D gamemode where the focus is on intel gathering and cache discovery, but also ensuring as BLUFOR that your supply lines from main base via forward outposts (FO) are secure ...especially from suicide bombers and Vehicle Borne IEDs. Nothing like ramming a technical full of explosives charges into a FO full of unsuspecting BLUFOR!

that sounds so delicious! :D

Ah just 50mb. I feared a much larger download, not for myself, but for some community member with a very slow internet connection.

Thanks for the preload anyway!

Please continue this topic discussion here in completed mods section.

Moderators, could you please lock this topic now.

Thank-you.