Sign in to follow this  
Dulgan

Server side signature

Hi all,

My community already have a way to properly sync all players / server / HC mods an keys, but we're using a wide variety of addons and some of them don't have any bisign...

So currently we didn't put on the signature check on our server.

The problem we're facing is that some players are coming in our server without up to date addons and that could cause a LOT of problems.

So I tried to solve the problem by signing addons with our private key like I thought it was described here : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armed_Assault:_Addon_Signatures#Advanced_usage_scenario:_Server_keys in the advanced usage server section.

What I did :

1) Copy all pbo in a test folder

2) create my own private/public key couple

3) Sign all addons with this key and put these keys in an other folder

4) Check this with "DSCheckSignature my_pbo_folder my_bisign_folder"

Result : "No signature found for my_pbo_folder/mod" for all pbo in the my_pbo_folder folder.

Any idea on how to achive what I want to do in a simple way, like a global key or something ?

Thanks,

Dulgan

CPC - Conflit de Canard

Hi

With this you can sign single pbo at each.. you need to create a bat or use this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14124 ( I used this ) ... Every time we update a plugin I create a new sign of that day and firm all pbo again

Yes that's what I did (batch file creating keys), but I'm not able to verify signatures with DSCheckSignatures, it give me a signature not file message (depsite there is a signature in the given folder for each mod)

Will it work even it DSCheckSignature is not able to find them ?

never used dscheckdisnature, dont know. btw with that gui it creates me the bisign and the works so..

Yes that's what I did (batch file creating keys), but I'm not able to verify signatures with DSCheckSignatures, it give me a signature not file message (depsite there is a signature in the given folder for each mod)

Will it work even it DSCheckSignature is not able to find them ?

IIRC DSCheckSignatures.exe usage is:

dsCheckSignatures checked_dir keys_dir

checked_dir refers to each pbo you signed and keys_dir refers to your matching .bikey created when you made your .privatekey.

DSCheckSignatures

there should be a bikey in the servers "keys" folder )Not the private key, it should be the public key

and in your mod\addons folder there should be the addon.pbo and the assosciated .bisign

On the client connecting, the client bisign is checked against the server bikey, if they match, the addon will be allowed