wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Has anyone set up CQB to run on an HC? If so, could you provide a basic walkthrough on how to set it up please? I'm running a dedicated server. Thanks in advance!

Hi ALIVE Team,

Is there any information on setting up the military convoys module. I tried it on it own and it puts down convoys in random places. I then tried to sync it to the military emplacement module. Still random.

Just want convoys to appear in the TAOR marker area only.

Cheers.

Hi ALIVE Team,

Is there any information on setting up the military convoys module. I tried it on it own and it puts down convoys in random places. I then tried to sync it to the military emplacement module. Still random.

Just want convoys to appear in the TAOR marker area only.

Cheers.

Convoy module should be synced to an OPCOM of your choice. Convoys will then move between captured objectives.

Convoy module should be synced to an OPCOM of your choice. Convoys will then move between captured objectives.

I take it that you can have multiple OPCOMS synced to one Convoy Module or is it a module per OPCOM?

I take it that you can have multiple OPCOMS synced to one Convoy Module or is it a module per OPCOM?

I believe its one convoy module per OPCOM

This release has been one of the best yet! The civilians and ambient vehicles/convoys really make a difference. I was wondering how the suicide bombers work with battle? I notice when a fire fight commences that most civilians run away (realistic) but I was wondering if suicide bombers hang around? I was also wondering if they are based on how many civilians are spawned in an area or if there are a predefined number of them?

Thanks again!!!

EDIT: After a bit of debugging and looking around I haven't encountered any suicide bombers or people with vests. What am I doing wrong? lol

Edited by Opendome

This release has been one of the best yet! The civilians and ambient vehicles/convoys really make a difference. I was wondering how the suicide bombers work with battle? I notice when a fire fight commences that most civilians run away (realistic) but I was wondering if suicide bombers hang around? I was also wondering if they are based on how many civilians are spawned in an area or if there are a predefined number of them?

Thanks again!!!

Thanks Opendome!

Civillians running away is all down to the BIS Danger FSM that run by default on civillians. Suicide bombers, I'm not sure if they will run away, probably not when they have strapped on the explosives :) No predfined numbers, it has to do with what hostility settings are set on the civilian population module, and probabilities thereafter.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Thanks again!!!

EDIT: After a bit of debugging and looking around I haven't encountered any suicide bombers or people with vests. What am I doing wrong? lol

It's all down to probability, even with civvies set to extreme hostility, it still doesnt mean you will get blown up as soon as you walk into a town, its takes time for the civilians to get annoyed by your presence :)

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

Thanks again!!!

It's all down to probability, even with civvies set to extreme hostility, it still doesnt mean you will get blown up as soon as you walk into a town, its takes time for the civilians to get annoyed by your presence :)

Thanks Opendome!

Civillians running away is all down to the BIS Danger FSM that run by default on civillians. Suicide bombers, I'm not sure if they will run away, probably not when they have strapped on the explosives :) No predfined numbers, it has to do with what hostility settings are set on the civilian population module, and probabilities thereafter.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

Awesome thanks for your help bud! I really appreciate it! Every time I see an ALIVE update it feels like Christmas :D I was also wondering if I need to sync the civilian population system and/or ambient civilian placement to anything?

Thanks again for your help bud! I really appreciate it!

Awesome thanks for your help bud! I really appreciate it! Every time I see an ALIVE update it feels like Christmas :D I was also wondering if I need to sync the civilian population system and/or ambient civilian placement to anything?

Thanks again for your help bud! I really appreciate it!

No need to sync them to anything. Just place the civ population system down and any number of civilian placement modules down. It's a similar setup to the profile system module, and the military placement modules for example.

Awesome thanks for your help bud! I'll definitely try that out, really excited tog et these working! I thought you might have to sync it with an OPCOM module or something lol

Sweeping up a few outstanding questions from this thread:

SP Save will never happen for ALiVE. It's an RV engine limitation that we can't work around. Dedi server persistence for some aspects of ALiVE missions will follow soonâ„¢ when it's ready.

Instructions for Headless Client setup are in the Servers & Admin Forum. Please refer to the HC thread for support - we can't cover it here, sorry!

How to set up the War Room and Data functions for ALiVE servers is explained in the Wiki, on the website at ALiVEmod.com and in

Please report bugs and feature requests on our bug tracker, including any issues or changes needed to the Wiki. If all else fails, PM one of us your Skype details and we'll add you to the support channel.

Thanks and enjoy ALiVE!

Hi Alex, can you please join the skype public channel, just send me your skype details and I'll add you in, will need to look on your RPT files I expect.

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Anyone needing warroom support please pm me your skype details so I can add you to our public channel. Doing support on here is to difficult. Thankyou!

I will jump in tonight mate. Will send you a PM in a bit.

Thankyou :)

Cheers!

I have a problem with the new ambient civ module. if i place this module and try to test it, my client get stucked on the loading screen and do nothing. Tried with low, medium and high population and the same happend. The other modules works well. Any idea?

here is my rpt, i dont find any error, please help me.

pastebin.com/iZpfENge

Cheers!

I have a problem with the new ambient civ module. if i place this module and try to test it, my client get stucked on the loading screen and do nothing. Tried with low, medium and high population and the same happend. The other modules works well. Any idea?

here is my rpt, i dont find any error, please help me.

pastebin.com/iZpfENge

Hi Rayler, you need to also place the civilian population module from alive systems. I'm going to make a tutorial on these over the weekend

Ahh Ok.. Cheers for that.

Sweeping up a few outstanding questions from this thread:

Instructions for Headless Client setup are in the Servers & Admin Forum. Please refer to the HC thread for support - we can't cover it here, sorry!

I'm sorry but my question was specific to the use of the ALiVE CQB headless client setting, not how to set up a HC in general. I have a HC set up, but am not sure how to specifically use the HC with the ALiVE CQB HC setting. Does the ALiVE CQB module automatically recognize the HC slot if it is named HC? or how does that magic work. I set up a HC and was able to connect my HC to my server, but the CQB module did not seem to utilize the HC.

Thanks again if anyone can help.

If you've set up the Headless Client correctly, simply selecting the option on the CQB module will make it spawn AI on the HC instead of regular Clients. You don't need to do anything else.

If you've set up the Headless Client correctly, simply selecting the option on the CQB module will make it spawn AI on the HC instead of regular Clients. You don't need to do anything else.

Perfect!!! Thank you!

By chance,

can anyone tell me if the new civ features would conflict with tpw mod which adds similar features.Want to keep running his mod too for some of the civilian stuff such as "civ cars" which basically has vehicles spawning near player and driving round the map.

Also i was curious to this...is it safe to assume that the profile system will never allow for advanced waypoint commands? even timed out ones?Will it always be limited to just move/cycle?

By chance,

can anyone tell me if the new civ features would conflict with tpw mod which adds similar features.Want to keep running his mod too for some of the civilian stuff such as "civ cars" which basically has vehicles spawning near player and driving round the map.

Also i was curious to this...is it safe to assume that the profile system will never allow for advanced waypoint commands? even timed out ones?Will it always be limited to just move/cycle?

I wouldn't use both together.

Our Civ Module has Civ's driving cars as well, along with Hostile Civ's, Civ's doing tasks i.e housework, sleeping, meeting up, suicide bombing, ambient lights\music\sounds, also and our Civ Module is using the Virtual Profile method as well so helps on performance.

But I'll leave that decision up to you! Just give it a go and choose which you prefer.

Can someone help me set up a multiplayer mission?

The mission will have different players (8) all around the map in different location, should I set up a limiter in the profiler? What range of spawning should I set? How many units can I spawn without having problems?

Can someone help me set up a multiplayer mission?

The mission will have different players (8) all around the map in different location, should I set up a limiter in the profiler? What range of spawning should I set? How many units can I spawn without having problems?

Helle Anto,

its probably best for you to join our Skype channel, there are lots of people in there that can help, share things etc.

PM me your Skype Username and I will add you in a bit.

I wouldn't use both together.

Our Civ Module has Civ's driving cars as well, along with Hostile Civ's, Civ's doing tasks i.e housework, sleeping, meeting up, suicide bombing, ambient lights\music\sounds, also and our Civ Module is using the Virtual Profile method as well so helps on performance.

But I'll leave that decision up to you! Just give it a go and choose which you prefer.

orgies....