wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

If you have a lot of groups on your side, Group Manager can take a long time to load.

So first time trying ALIVE. Got a random task to destroy a campfire (burning). But no amount of explosives will trigger a task success. What am I missing?

I use RHS and Leights opfor ace3 etc and I'm not having problems with the landrovers. 

Tried again today and now suddenly it works. I can shoot the gunners off the car again.

I must be going insane because I SWEAR I shot a technical gunner in the face with the RHS M16 with several mags.

Im just going to blame Arma for being Arma lmao

So first time trying ALIVE. Got a random task to destroy a campfire (burning). But no amount of explosives will trigger a task success. What am I missing?

Nothing, Campfires are strategic insurgent recruiting centres ;)

Submit a bug via Dev Heaven and we'll get on it. Never seen that to be honest.

Actually i've had some random issues as well where the new insurgent tasks of destroying ammo caches at peirs is weird.  Once it worked by blowing up the pier objects, another time it didnt.  Never saw any ammo caches.  Seen similar issues at houses, where the ammo cache never was there, however blowing up the house seemed to complete the task that time. 

I've had similar issues with patrols, where when i get to the staging area, the tasks just completes.   My guess is the group is no longer in that area?

That aside, i did have a question about the respawn system.  I know there's ways to script markers to move around based on triggers, but seems a bit tedious with my knowledge.  Would it be possible to make a feature request to allow controlled/occupied areas to be a respawn location?  So as objectives are captured on the fly, the respawn because available?  Or can anyone point me to any known scripts and/or modules that might work this way?

That aside, i did have a question about the respawn system.  I know there's ways to script markers to move around based on triggers, but seems a bit tedious with my knowledge.  Would it be possible to make a feature request to allow controlled/occupied areas to be a respawn location?  So as objectives are captured on the fly, the respawn because available?  Or can anyone point me to any known scripts and/or modules that might work this way?

There are lots of scripts about that. This is my fav http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28482

• Like 1

Anyone else seeing C4 left behind after destroying an IED?

Yup. I was play testing a mission on Sangin and had the same thing happen.

Guys, I can't repro this issue. I'm using CBA, ALiVE and stock Hurt Locker mission. If I shoot or destroy the IED with explosives I don't see any C4 left behind. Can we get a solid repro with Vanilla CBA/ALiVE please?

Guys, I can't repro this issue. I'm using CBA, ALiVE and stock Hurt Locker mission. If I shoot or destroy the IED with explosives I don't see any C4 left behind. Can we get a solid repro with Vanila CBA/ALiVE please?

I just tried twice myself and was unable to see the same thing. Do you have any scripts running in the mission as well?

Finally got around to doing some testing on why the group manager is not loading and below is from rpt on errors:

20:20:39 String STR_ALIVE_SCOM_OPS_COMMENT not found
20:20:39 String STR_ALIVE_SCOM_OPS_COMMENT not found
20:20:40 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_subMenuBackButton/
20:20:40 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_subMenuAbortButton/
20:20:40 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_mainList/
20:20:40 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_leftList/
20:20:40 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_rightList/
20:20:40 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_1ButtonL/
20:20:40 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_2ButtonL/
20:20:40 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_3ButtonL/
20:20:40 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_1ButtonR/
20:20:40 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_2ButtonR/
20:20:40 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_3ButtonR/
20:20:41 Error in expression <else{
_dataSource = [player,_side] call ALiVE_fnc_getGroupsDataSource;
};

_rows>
20:20:41   Error position: <ALiVE_fnc_getGroupsDataSource;
};

_rows>
20:20:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_fnc_getgroupsdatasource
20:20:41 File x\alive\addons\sup_group_manager\fnc_GM.sqf, line 969
20:20:41 Error in expression <VE_fnc_getGroupsDataSource;
};

_rows = _dataSource select 0;
_values = _dataSou>
20:20:41   Error position: <_dataSource select 0;
_values = _dataSou>
20:20:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: _datasource
20:20:41 File x\alive\addons\sup_group_manager\fnc_GM.sqf, line 972
20:20:41 Error in expression <shSet;

[_groupState,"groupListOptions",_rows] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[_groupSt>
20:20:41   Error position: <_rows] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[_groupSt>
20:20:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: _rows
20:20:41 File x\alive\addons\sup_group_manager\fnc_GM.sqf, line 984

Again with slight different error:

20:14:38 String STR_ALIVE_SCOM_OPS_COMMENT not found
20:14:38 String STR_ALIVE_SCOM_OPS_COMMENT not found
20:14:42 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_subMenuBackButton/
20:14:42 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_subMenuAbortButton/
20:14:42 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_mainList/
20:14:42 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_leftList/
20:14:42 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_rightList/
20:14:42 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_1ButtonL/
20:14:42 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_2ButtonL/
20:14:42 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_3ButtonL/
20:14:42 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_1ButtonR/
20:14:42 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_2ButtonR/
20:14:42 Error loading control bin\config.bin/GMTablet/controls/GMTablet_3ButtonR/
20:14:43 Error in expression <else{
_dataSource = [player,_side] call ALiVE_fnc_getGroupsDataSource;
};

_rows>
20:14:43   Error position: <ALiVE_fnc_getGroupsDataSource;
};

_rows>
20:14:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_fnc_getgroupsdatasource
20:14:43 File x\alive\addons\sup_group_manager\fnc_GM.sqf, line 969
20:14:43 Error in expression <VE_fnc_getGroupsDataSource;
};

_rows = _dataSource select 0;
_values = _dataSou>
20:14:43   Error position: <_dataSource select 0;
_values = _dataSou>
20:14:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: _datasource
20:14:43 File x\alive\addons\sup_group_manager\fnc_GM.sqf, line 972

I knocked it down all the way to CBA, ALIVE only.  Other then that i was using ACE.  Mission was very basic, Stratis with required modules (REQUIRED, VIR PROF, AI COMM, PLACEMENT, CSTAR, LOGISTICS)

ALiVE / RHS mod bug that is actually game breaking

At first I thought this is not a bug, but something I am doing wrong. I have open discussion on ALiVE forum regarding this problem, and till this moment this bug was re-created with ease once (by spyderblack723 http://alivemod.com/forum/1471-blu-g-f-spawning-based-on-aaf

So, to check on this bug:

- Place all needed modules to run ALiVE (its 2-3)

- Place AI Commander, make it BLUE REBEL

- Place Mil. Spawn (custom spawn) module, and ask it to spawn BLU_G_F (FIA).

Aaand you will get AAF based insurgents (RHS Insurgents) with AKs. If you make Mil. Spawn module on marker, like town or something.. you'll get 50% of FIA and 50% of Insurgents. And, if Indep. is made hostile to everyone, they will start fighting led by the same Commander.

The problem is, there is no way to spawn BLU FIA (RED FIA works fine). It just dont spawn on your request. It is still possible that module will spawn you FIA but as far as my test result it is 2/13 possibility.

Aaaand one more stupid thing. Modules do not spawn RHS_Insurgetns on request. I thought I will on purpose ask BLU REB commander to spawn me RHS Insurgents, since if it is the only thing it is giving me. So he said fuck you, you get one squad of CSAT and one squad of BLU FIA.

Update: re-downloading RHS or ALiVE doesn't help.

Edited by uno

^ most likely problems with RHS group configs.  If you don't load A3 with RHS mod do you get the same problem?

If you don't load A3 with RHS mod do you get the same problem?

No sir, since it doesn't load stuff that is used to "make" Insurgents (like AKs and gear). 

Apologies if this has been answered but I could not find it in the wiki either. Is there a place where all the functions within ALiVE are listed? I see every now and then code snippets using such functions (ALiVE_fnc_XXXX) but I have been unable to locate them.

Thanks in advance :)

Apologies if this has been answered but I could not find it in the wiki either. Is there a place where all the functions within ALiVE are listed? I see every now and then code snippets using such functions (ALiVE_fnc_XXXX) but I have been unable to locate them.

Thanks in advance :)

You can find all of the functions in the function viewer which can be accessed in game via the pause screen (under the debug console).

You can also find some relevant info here

You can find all of the functions in the function viewer which can be accessed in game via the pause screen (under the debug console).

Wow, that was fast. Thank you!

Hello, couple of questions.

1. I've been trying to donate via paypal using the link on the alive site, however paypal times out when using that link, who can I donate to?
  2. Bit in depth this one..... So I've set up a local dedicated server and headless client using a fairly powerful mac running windows 7. Works great mostly but the issue I have with the Ai on the HC sometimes do several odd things such as completely ignoring player presence (but engaging other ai), vehicles crew will sometimes vanish but leave empty vehicles, lots of banding/warping. The warping can be described as the ai will move a few paces forward then walk on the spot and then jump back several places. This is all using the inbuilt Alive HC stuff. The network is wired and just between my PC, router and laptop. Any ideas?

1 - give it another try I just checked and the link was working for me

2 - hard to say exactly.. symptoms point to low server CPS (ai ignoring players) and shitty bandwidth / desync (banding/warping).  In your server.cfg do you have this line?

localClient[]={127.0.0.1};

This tells the server that there is unlimited bandwidth between server and HC (same machine or LAN)

Quick question regarding Multi Respawn feature:

I have no problem with this feature until I attempt to have a 2nd Faction (Civilians) respawn at a location different than the BLUFOR Factions Respawn location.

I have all the markers correct - do I need a separate Multi Respawn Module for each Faction?  An example would be great, many thanx.

REAPER 

Still can't save a mission and load it back to continue where you left off, right?  You have to have a dedicated server to play a persistent mission?

Hello, couple of questions.

1. Bit in depth this one..... So I've set up a local dedicated server and headless client using a fairly powerful mac running windows 7. Works great mostly but the issue I have with the Ai on the HC sometimes do several odd things such as completely ignoring player presence (but engaging other ai), vehicles crew will sometimes vanish but leave empty vehicles, lots of banding/warping. The warping can be described as the ai will move a few paces forward then walk on the spot and then jump back several places. This is all using the inbuilt Alive HC stuff. The network is wired and just between my PC, router and laptop. Any ideas?

It's interesting you bring this up.  I've noticed similar effects at times where shooting at AI, or blowing up vehicles near other AI, that they seem to ignore the fight.

Another issues thats been happening lately is when i call in CAS heli, its not engaging targets like it normally has in the past.  I have no idea how to properly TS this or give examples to test.  Wondering if others are seeing the same with ALiVE and HC (i run HC1 and HC2)

Still can't save a mission and load it back to continue where you left off, right?  You have to have a dedicated server to play a persistent mission?

Its risky, but it really depends on the size of map/mission.  I find on the KUNDUZ map, that if i keep the profiles smaller and not a huge mission, that the save/load seems to work fairly well.  But again this is all hit or miss.  Larger maps like Altis and others, no way, crashes 99% of time.

I'll be honest, until i knew how simple the DEDI setup was, i was clueless to running.  Now (and ever better with the HC stuff), its painless and freaking epic  :P

I'll say though i run the dedi on a different PC with good specs.  If you intend to run off the same PC, i highly doubt performance will be worth it

It's interesting you bring this up.  I've noticed similar effects at times where shooting at AI, or blowing up vehicles near other AI, that they seem to ignore the fight.

Another issues thats been happening lately is when i call in CAS heli, its not engaging targets like it normally has in the past.  I have no idea how to properly TS this or give examples to test.  Wondering if others are seeing the same with ALiVE and HC (i run HC1 and HC2)

There have been similar reports when running HC.

Its risky, but it really depends on the size of map/mission.  I find on the KUNDUZ map, that if i keep the profiles smaller and not a huge mission, that the save/load seems to work fairly well.  But again this is all hit or miss.  Larger maps like Altis and others, no way, crashes 99% of time.

I'll be honest, until i knew how simple the DEDI setup was, i was clueless to running.  Now (and ever better with the HC stuff), its painless and freaking epic  :P

I'll say though i run the dedi on a different PC with good specs.  If you intend to run off the same PC, i highly doubt performance will be worth it

But if you're running a dedicated server off of another PC don't you have to keep that PC running 24/7?  I wish there were some easy to follow instructions on how to do this.

But if you're running a dedicated server off of another PC don't you have to keep that PC running 24/7?  I wish there were some easy to follow instructions on how to do this.

In order to save a server, all you need is access to the admin slot. From there you can click "Server Save and Exit" in the pause screen in order to initiate the save. Running a local dedicated server is perfect for this, no need for a full time dedicated server to run persistent missions. Instructions for setting up a server and connecting it to the ALiVE Warroom can be found at the following links

Setting up an Arma server (utilizing TADST server tool): Link

Warroom setup: Link

• Like 1

In order to save a server, all you need is access to the admin slot. From there you can click "Server Save and Exit" in the pause screen in order to initiate the save. Running a local dedicated server is perfect for this, no need for a full time dedicated server to run persistent missions. Instructions for setting up a server and connecting it to the ALiVE Warroom can be found at the following links

Setting up an Arma server (utilizing TADST server tool): Link

Warroom setup: Link

Excellent.  I'll look it over.  Thanks.