wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

You could try loading the mission in the editor, while it is open, delete the mission.sqf from the mission folder. Then save the mission from in the editor. Reload with the new mission.sqm and see if it works.

So not sure if i completely follow but original mission file is SQM. Anyways opened mission in editor, and removed original Mission.sqm, and then saved saved in editor and reran mission with no different result. I did try to move the player unit away from the base spawning location, and at first it looked like it was better then then shortly after the same glitches started again...

Anyone on here use TADST as your dedicated server on the same machine for ALiVE? Love the module, but I'm having trouble getting the ALiVE War Room to record my stats from missions I run. Didn't know if anyone else had the same problem running TADST?

Anyone on here use TADST as your dedicated server on the same machine for ALiVE? Love the module, but I'm having trouble getting the ALiVE War Room to record my stats from missions I run. Didn't know if anyone else had the same problem running TADST?

I run my server on same machine using TADST and don't have any problems. You may need to be a bit more specific with you set up and alive module placements so someone may have a better idea what your problem may be.

My question; can you setup multiple respawn points / methods with the alive multispawn module? I cant seem to get it to work, I have a module placed each for vehicle/building/squad but when i respawn i get no options it spawns me straight to the vehicle. Thanks.

Setup is pretty basic.

I downloaded TADST, Took 1 minute to get going. Tested it...Dedicated server showed up perfectly in game. Chose my mission (vanilla ALiVE MP), chose @Aliveserver, @Alive, @CBA in the TADST module. Game loaded fine. NO errors. Exited out, hit server save and exit....tablet pops up saying "Saving, please wait" but just sits there idle forever. Game doesn't freeze...I can log out by just hitting exit, etc...but no data is saved. And when I go to the War Room..no record of game exists.

Servername is exactly the same on War Room. Hostname is correct. I've deleted and redownloaded all of the components needed....I've made sure they're unblocked. Same thing.

Had a team member download TADST as well. Do exact same thing..setup, etc. Had the exact same issue. Started great, ran great...but zero ability for Alive War Room to record us ever playing the game.

Very very frustrating.

I had the very same issue once on a mission i made, not sure if i resolved it or not for that particular mission. I have since made others and it seems to be fine using same setup so I can only assume I was doing something wrong at the time. You are logged in as administrator? all of your modules set to persistance? have you tried one of the missions on the ALiVE site to see if it still happens?

I had the very same issue once on a mission i made, not sure if i resolved it or not for that particular mission. I have since made others and it seems to be fine using same setup so I can only assume I was doing something wrong at the time. You are logged in as administrator? all of your modules set to persistance? have you tried one of the missions on the ALiVE site to see if it still happens?

Yup. Tried several

How does one go about actually saving progress in a mission you made?

I made a little conquest mission for Stratis, and i am extremely impressed with what ALIVE can do.

But, progress never saves. No matter if i play in SP, or if i play on a private LAN server in MP.

I have tried putting as many modules on "Persistance: Yes" as possible, i tried registering to the warroom website with my ingame playerid, i tried all sorts of stuff.

Surely, there must be a way to save progress? Surely?

Cheers for clearing it up, precognitively :D

Had a funny last night... Apollo and myself re-booted the public and checked to see if Ai were spawning correctly. Neither of us could get the ALiVE Key press menu to appear.

Neither of us has ever had problems with this before and both have user key 20 set to Left windows key.... default.

On pressing it I experienced a game freeze/stutter (spamming CBA errors we believe to the RPT) Apollo experienced similar.

Anyone else seeing this - ? We do ( of course!)  run other mods i.e. ACE3 so it could be a compatibility issue, but it's a new one if it is.

Hopefully have some time this evening to cross diagnose without other mods, but interested to see if we're the only ones ?

SJ

Just to add this works fine with the same modset in SP. Something to do with interacting with the Dedicated server whilst logged into Admin 

Yay can post again!  I haven't experienced that problem serjames... what is the CBA error it spams to RPT?  I assume you have the most recent @ALiVE and @CBA versions?

I Managed to get it working last night - it may be mission specific !

Wait out....

Hi, I try to have an aircraft CAS on a map that have no airfield, a kind of off map support, so here is the problem:

if I create an CS+CAS module off map, the land is not plane enough to let the plane take off.

if I add some init and an elevation , my plane just fall, and only sometimes manage to avoid the crash (and it keep on crashing when respawning).

if I use the advanced vehicule placement, and set the formation to "flying", it creates two planes: one at the ground trying to take off, and another flying around but not receiving CAS orders.

That said, I have no problem with copters :)

Thanx fo any advice I can have (and please forgive my poor english).

Hi, I try to have an aircraft CAS on a map that have no airfield, a kind of off map support, so here is the problem:

if I create an CS+CAS module off map, the land is not plane enough to let the plane take off.

if I add some init and an elevation , my plane just fall, and only sometimes manage to avoid the crash (and it keep on crashing when respawning).

if I use the advanced vehicule placement, and set the formation to "flying", it creates two planes: one at the ground trying to take off, and another flying around but not receiving CAS orders.

That said, I have no problem with copters :)

Thanx fo any advice I can have (and please forgive my poor english).

For some reason (without looking) I thought you could select 'Virtual CAS' and then the unit will spawn in the air without the need or use of a suitable runway.......I may be wrong or have just dreamed this ;)

You must have imagined that one!  Spawning CAS units in the air isn't possible, they'll always spawn on the ground, and you won't be able to spawn jets without a runway.  Having said that, Gunny has just added a new func in the dev version to add CAS units via script during runtime and it might just be possible to code those to spawn at height.  Will have to experiment!

Eny body know if 

"IND_G_F" still is a Alive fraction??

I cant make it work

West

• BLU_F - NATO
  • BLU_G_F - FIA

East

• OPF_F - Iran / CSAT
  • OPF_G_F - FIA

Guer

• IND_F - AAF

Civilian

• CIV_F - Civilians

Is working perfect

Then it's outdated and needs to be changed. If you look in CfgGroups there are no groups defined and it will not work. You can confirm it by trying to use IND_G_F in a placement module, it will fail and default to CSAT.

I have been having fun this week learning how to use ALiVE and have had success using the Altis map and creating quite complex features.

However I'm struggling to get ALiVE to work on the Australia v2.0 map which I understand has been indexed by the ALiVE team.

I'm suspecting it is my user error, but would appreciate knowing if anyone else has had success merging ALiVE with Australia please?

Thanks again

Only in dev!  We've not released that version yet.

• Like 1

You must have imagined that one!  Spawning CAS units in the air isn't possible, they'll always spawn on the ground, and you won't be able to spawn jets without a runway.  Having said that, Gunny has just added a new func in the dev version to add CAS units via script during runtime and it might just be possible to code those to spawn at height.  Will have to experiment!

I knew it....my dreams are always better than reality ;)  Thanx for the official reply!!