wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Yes, I posted this in the wrong place. If a moderator could either move this to the ALIVE thread or just delete it I will be grateful. Sorry!

Thanks for the headsup about the cqb mods although I dont get how aiskill is not affecting them because of where they are spawned or how? I guess since they are client-side the server does not pickup the units and adjust them? Is that close? As far as what I meant about the opcom attacking the base immediately, I meant seriously like immediately. Like 2 minutes after mission start there are enemy in my base and their base and all their forces started halfway across the map. They shouldnt be able to move across the map at light speed and be at my door shooting me in the back while I'm still picking out guns. A little bit ridiculous I think. Maybe that is something you cannot control?

Thanks for the headsup about the cqb mods although I dont get how aiskill is not affecting them because of where they are spawned or how? I guess since they are client-side the server does not pickup the units and adjust them? Is that close? As far as what I meant about the opcom attacking the base immediately, I meant seriously like immediately. Like 2 minutes after mission start there are enemy in my base and their base and all their forces started halfway across the map. They shouldnt be able to move across the map at light speed and be at my door shooting me in the back while I'm still picking out guns. A little bit ridiculous I think. Maybe that is something you cannot control?

Sounds like you have something else wrong there. How far of a distance are you actually talking about?

Hello,

Just to confirm... If i place OPFOR mil placements. sync them to an OPFOR OPCOM and BLUFOR OPCOM even tho I have no BLUFOR mil placements the BLUFOR OPCOM will still assign tasks to the players correct?

Operation Cromwell

Spent The Majority Of The Day Improving The Current Mission But Further Improvement Can Certainly Be Made But I'm Currently Happy With The Current State

Alot Of Changes Have Been Made Since I First Shared The Mission :D AAF Know Play A Part In The Mission

Also Removed POMI_PMC And Added In Beerken_Brit Units So No Add-ons Are Required Except ALIVE

Ran A 2HR Test And In That Time I was Still Attacking The First Enemy Location So We Can Expect The Mission To Take Some Time

The Current Major Concern I Have Is Whether Or Not I Have BTC_REVIVE Set Up Correctly I Think I Have Made A mistake Some Were

Resolved The Issue With Acre

It Is Not Required But Acre Box Will Spawn If Server Has Acre

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qojwuoxmxgzmqld/u1RGNOM1lK

I had the exact same thing happening to me. ARJay helped me with that via Skype.

---------- Post added at 05:16 ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 ----------

Btw, which factions have you gotten to work with Alive? Can you use IND_G_F (independence guerilla forces)?

Some other mod-factions you use that I could implement?

Operation Cromwell

Also Removed POMI_PMC And Added In Beerken_Brit Units So No Add-ons Are Required Except ALIVE

Ran A 2HR Test And In That Time I was Still Attacking The First Enemy Location So We Can Expect The Mission To Take Some Time

The Current Major Concern I Have Is Whether Or Not I Have BTC_REVIVE Set Up Correctly I Think I Have Made A mistake Some Were

Resolved The Issue With Acre

It Is Not Required But Acre Box Will Spawn If Server Has Acre

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qojwuoxmxgzmqld/u1RGNOM1lK

A little off-topic, but CaN yOu PlEaSe UsE nOrMaL cAsE iN yOuR TeXt?

As it is, it's very hard to read.

Edited by DarkWanderer

Fantastic mod (even I can use it - nuff said). Real game-changer for me.

One feature request for OPCOM module: the ability to specify invasion intensity. At the moment, OPCOM sends all units piling right in, meaning fast units arrive in the AO first and get picked off. Would a higher invasion intensity be possible, i.e. could the OPCOM issue 'wave attacks', where all its units regroup every 100 metres or so to prevent force dilution?

Great work - thank you for hours of editor-fun!

Hey guys !

here´s a gameplay video from our last "main operation event" every saturday on our server. for more details check the video description.

i´ve combined ALiVE with Roy´s wonderful Patrol Ops to get one huge dynamic mission.

our main task was to deploy a communication tower to get in contact with the locals. the way was long and we were informed about many enemy contacts.

Marines from the 1st Battalion / 8th Marine Regiment and special forces from the german KSK have protected the convoy.

the "bobcat" with the german KSK got hit from 2 AT missiles and we decided to fall back to the base to avoid more casualties.

all in all it was an wonderful dynamic mission. u have to keep ur eyes open every time but we had atleast a server performance about 10-20 FPS with 7 players. that was the really reason why we stoped this mission. the showcase mission is running very well with 30-40 server fps. so i have to work more on this combined version to get a better performance ..

but damnit .. we love the concept ! and also the opportunity to combine the modules with other missions !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUszPXbuczo

Edited by #Blackburn [Tier-1]

^^ Blackburn, are you using the performance dedi server standalone? It has quite a dramatic effect on FPS, and it may be much better suited to this mission mashup. I also notice you have Civs spawning too ... is this tpw's mod ? If so that can have quite a dramatic effect on FPS.

I run VTS and ALiVE together and it is great. Battles from ALiVE and extra goodies from VTS :) All running at 30+ FPS (with around 250-300 active AI)

Edited by Kremator
added other comments on FPS

^^ Blackburn, are you using the performance dedi server standalone? It has quite a dramatic effect on FPS, and it may be much better suited to this mission mashup. I also notice you have Civs spawning too ... is this tpw's mod ? If so that can have quite a dramatic effect on FPS.

I run VTS and ALiVE together and it is great. Battles from ALiVE and extra goodies from VTS :) All running at 30+ FPS (with around 250-300 active AI)

I have seen quite a few people talkin about this performance server... where do we get it??

no .. we have a dedicated server hosted by hosters.at. no root server

it would be really hard to run all this on my pc .. game, server, recording ..

and yeah .. its the tpw mod but only the tpw_civs and tpw_cars. i like it when the cars sometimes blew up .. this gives u the feeling there was an IED or something else but yeah i also know that this can have an dramatic effect on FPS. especially if the cars destroying a house

but well .. as i said. i have to work more on the performance .. if i can get much better server fps without the civilians than ill remove this shit .. :)

cheers

I have seen quite a few people talkin about this performance server... where do we get it??

See here. Would be nice if someone tests this with ALiVE, BTW.

For the dedi server standalone, you need to PM Dwarden personally.

Try running without the tpw mod and you should see a performance improvement, although the mission will lose a little ambience. Saying that, I noticed in your video a civ car popping up right infront of you - which shouldn't happen so server prolly is running very slow.

Does anyone know if the FIA can be hostile towards normal Nato forces? I am creating a mission and the FIA look more suitable for the enemy than any of the other factions.

There is a faction for FIA "as opfor". Just use "OPF_G_F" as the name of spawned faction in placement module and "REBELS RED" in OPCOM.

Don't know if "IND_G_F" is available, you may try it as well.

Wow, you guys have been busy!

Just as a headsup, im currently working on having better "virtual" combats as requested by some players in this thread! Its quite challenging but we will work it out.

Cheers comrades!

CQB Units don't seem to spawn in takistani buildings. they don't with AiA, nor do they with A3MP.

I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong or if it has allready been mentioned!

Has anyone compiled a list yet of which army unit mods do / don't currently work with Alive? I'm struggling to find one that works, and realized I'm probably following the same path many others have done before....

Superfluid got Drongo69's Insurgents working with it. However you need AiA and a bunch of other mods to make them work and they dont have armor or Air. Most 3rd party units are configured wrong to be a simple drop in but I would venture a guess that ALiVE team will most likely add their own terrorist faction since COIN ops are so popular.

Comrades!

Slowed the virtual combat, will be in upcoming update!

For immserive COIN Ops i pesonally believe there need to be civilians, and thats deathinatly on our list for the upcoming months!

For now you can either just use the CQB module, which actually populates civilian and strategic buildings with the faction of your choice, but furthermore you easily can do "guerilla warfare" - it takes not even 10 clicks to set that up: 1 SYS Profiles, 1 MIL MP (BLU_F, Bat. 400), 1 CIV MP (OPF_G_F, Bat. 200), 1x CQB (reg. OPF_G_F, strat. BLU_F). You can even choose different objective types (fuel, comms, power, etc.) on the CIV MP module! But thats it, not even a marker needed and you got a nice civil war going on.

Latersh

Am i correct that when selecting random in the placement modules that it chooses randomly to spawn either airborne, armoured, light infantry or is it supposed to randomly spawn units from each type

i ask this because in my current mission i have random selected but all im seeing is tanks the only infantry im seeing are those spawning from cqb

CQB Units don't seem to spawn in takistani buildings. they don't with AiA, nor do they with A3MP.

I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong or if it has allready been mentioned!

Reported to DEVs and should be fixed in next update.

Has anyone compiled a list yet of which army unit mods do / don't currently work with Alive? I'm struggling to find one that works, and realized I'm probably following the same path many others have done before....

Canadian Armed Forces mod does work with ALiVE

Stuck on a problem:

I put in a trigger to end mission when all OPFOR are killed (i.e not present).

Problem is, when the Alive profiler module starts up it removes all units for a split second then regenerates them - meaning mission over within a few seconds ;) Is there a workaround?