wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

How do you 'Stop & Search' the civilians described in assymetric warfare? I played as AAF, and the assymetric AI is the Blufor FIA. When I walked up to a civilian, nothing happned, no action menu or anything to search or whatever... Is there something I did wrong somewhere?
sometimes it takes awhile to show up if you teleport there, give it a minute or two if no search option is there. Pretty sure this is just an Arma issue. Edited by SpyderBlack723

JCae2798 - all that is indeed in the guide for asymmetric warfare (linked front and centre in big bold letters on the front page of the wiki). Scroll down to the hints for Security Forces in particular. It's quite a long read but it is comprehensive. Albeit it doesn't explicitly mention blowing up factories to remove them but I kinda assumed that was common sense!

Haha, well i guess shame on me. When i first played i brought a demo guy with me and had him disarm and pull all the IEDs out of the building. Then destroyed any caches with bullets or bombs. So yea i wasnt aware it was the building only. BTW i'll def have to go back and read the whole wiki for that page. I do recall seeing this, but i guess i might have skimmed over certain areas. Sorry about that.

Okay got it working now. Its probably because of the civilian role.. I just changed it to western and now it works. Thanks guys.

BTW, there was an action 'Talk to Major', is that suppose to be major the rank or mayor? And we need more civilian models.... cant have priest running around in shorts :p (I know it's not Alive fault.. hehe)

Is there a way to make the ai not act like noobs?? Say 5 guys are stood together. You shoot one and the other 4 stand around as if nothing has happened lol. Is there also a way for them to take cover? Say you shoot at them will they run into a building and hide or take cover and shoot back?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Is there a way to make the ai not act like noobs?? Say 5 guys are stood together. You shoot one and the other 4 stand around as if nothing has happened lol. Is there also a way for them to take cover? Say you shoot at them will they run into a building and hide or take cover and shoot back?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Yout best bet is to get an AI mod like ASR AI. ALiVE doesn't micromanage the AI during combat (or ever).

Ah right and will that mod let me manage stuff like that? And can i use that with alive?

ASR AI works well with ALiVE. You don't have to manage everything, the AI simply finds you, and kills you (take this with a grain of salt).

Haha that sounds brilliant. Im abit of a noob though when it comes to scripting so is there anything i need to script or do i have to mess with the config? Im not right good with that stuff lol

This is severly off-topic for the ALiVE mod, but since the two of them works so well together I'm going to risk it.

You don't have to script anything, just follow the ASR AI installation guide to the letter and you will be good to go.

This is severly off-topic for the ALiVE mod, but since the two of them works so well together I'm going to risk it.

You don't have to script anything, just follow the ASR AI installation guide to the letter and you will be good to go.

+1 Infraction...........................................

For thinking we would mind :cool:

Say you shoot at them will they run into a building and hide or take cover and shoot back?

No mod can achieve that level of AI maneuvering, BI needs to implement more 'building smarts' from the ground level up ;)

Heh, well I just got yelled at by a mod for asking for an update on some other thing so I guess I'm on their watch list.

On topic tax: So yesterday me and my group was entering Abdera from the north to patrol the town and see what was up. The town was eerily quiet except for three well hidden IED's. It was a really close call trying to disarm one that had a new sort of fuse I had never seen before so I actually had to GUESS which cable to cut. Holding my breath I guessed the correct one. We spotted a civilian in a blue shirt walking about south of the town along a small dirt road and we proceeded towards him, but in the tall grass was a group of insurgents that got the drop on us and we started taking heavy fire in an intense gunfight that lasted until our HMMWV had made it around to get a firing angle.

I sent our medic to look after the man in the blue shirt, I think he appreciated our job as he shared some intel about an insurgent recruitment facility south west of Galati. We started heading there carefully as there were two enemy occupied military class facilities between us and our target location. We assaulted the facilities and met only light resistance, even though there were some intense moments at close quarters at the Pyrsos facility (WWAI menu - Clear Building). However, after one hour of getting the intel we finally had eyes on the target location and the man in the blue shirt came true with his intel –***it was practically swarming with insurgent and civilian activity, UAV intel confirming both armed and unarmed footmobiles on site. Due to the latter we could not call in the Apache Gunships until we had cleared the target buildings.

We did a fast assault from the HMMWV and met heavy resistance and panicking civilians so proper target identification was paramount.

During the assault however, we lost one of our own – Lieutenant Wallace Nelson was severely injured by a suicide bomber neither of us had time to identify or stop until it was too late. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones.

When the dust had settled we realized we had struck gold. It looked like the site had been serving double-duty as both a recruitment facility and an IED factory. We immediately started rigging the building complex with explosives and all the while I had this nagging feeling that if this is a gold mine for us, what does our enemy think of this place? My heart sank when our UAV operators confirmed my fears – multiple terrorist fighters were inbound from all directions but one. We high tailed it north making it about 100m before the bullets, and our Apache gunships, started flying. In what seemed like forever we held our ground while the helicopters were inbound and I turned towards the target building to set of the explosives when I saw a civilian run into the building. No. This cannot be happening! Not now!

With no time to think I grabbed one of my assaulters and started heading back to the building while under the cover from our designated marksman provided desperate cover practically over our heads. We rushed into the building looking for the man who ran in only to find him high-tailing it south when I looked out a window. Fvck! All right. Back again!

With not an inch to spare we set of the explosives and finally took down the building, adding to the fireworks show provided by our brave beautiful Apache pilots who rained capitalist freedom down on our enemies.

The mission was accomplished, but I am left with the thought that maybe the price was too high and the risks too great. I'm beeing told not, but I bet that this snake of an organisation we are fighting are really a hydra and that this was just one head cut off.

All of this was single player, and all thanks to you, so thanks guys :)

Sure, won't be able to do it until tomorrow though. I don't know what use it will be however, as you will probably never be able to recreate that particular scenario. It's was all a product of ALiVE randomness of things :)

The mission is set up like this:

Player with squad starts in a vehicle at a random position within 15000m from the center of Altis.

ALiVE placed enemy is all over the entire map, set up to Assymetric.

Ad high IED threat.

Also civilians.

Profit.

Was wondering if anyone could offer some assistance. I'm using multispawn with heli insertion along with ace respawn/rallypoint. Everything works fine except the helicopter always lands directly on top of the ace rallypoint base flagpole instead of the multispawn marker. Thanks in advance

Was wondering if anyone could offer some assistance. I'm using multispawn with heli insertion along with ace respawn/rallypoint. Everything works fine except the helicopter always lands directly on top of the ace rallypoint base flagpole instead of the multispawn marker. Thanks in advance

Wierd.. ALiVE might already do this behind the scenes but try placing a helipad circle next to/on the multispawn module. Just my random guess.

Thanks bud. Really also just wanna see how you set it up as I'm never sure I always the right modules synced and what not for asymmetric war. Really what I'd love to have would be a sort of sp/co-op dynamic mission with possible endings using the Alive backdrop. RHS and Leights/Aggressors be a plus :)

Hi guys,

Similar to the ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime, what is the best way to pass in a single group (or unit name) to get profiled at run time?

I spawn some AI via script and would like to profile these units (but not necessarily invoke the profiler across all un-profile groups).

Thanks

If it doesn't create any negative impacts for anyone, is there any chance of getting a hot-fix for the persistence issue? We're finding that all our Alive insurgency missions don't persist past server shutdown so we either have to leave the server up (which is tricky as it's at one of our member's workplace and can get shutdown for real world reasons outside our control) or basically can't finish a mission. Don't get me wrong we're having fun anyway but it'd be nice to finish a map if we can.

By the way, the guy who runs the server wanted to know if it was possible to get a server script do an Alive server save and exit on a running mission? He was hoping to automate some of the stuff and wanted to avoid having to join the mission to shut it down properly.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Wierd.. ALiVE might already do this behind the scenes but try placing a helipad circle next to/on the multispawn module. Just my random guess.

Thanks for the response.Tried but still didn't work but you gave me an idea and i tried it and got it working. I placed the Ace respawn/rallypoint base flag in the middle of a helipad circle, added "this hideObjectGlobal true;" to the flags init line, now i can use Alive multispawn heli insertion with Ace respawn/rallypoint yay!

Thanks for the response.Tried but still didn't work but you gave me an idea and i tried it and got it working. I placed the Ace respawn/rallypoint base flag in the middle of a helipad circle, added "this hideObjectGlobal true;" to the flags init line, now i can use Alive multispawn heli insertion with Ace respawn/rallypoint yay!

Nice work-around, glad you got it working.

Another asymmetric question about the IED module sorry. The wiki notes seem to read that you sync an IED module to the AI commander module and then also place another one unsynced for random IEDs over the taor. I'm finding that we're seeing and error from Alive in the rpt file to the effect that you can only place one IED module. Can someone please advise if the statement in the wiki is correct and the error is in fact a warning or is there a bug in asymmetric at present that doesn't allow two IED modules? Debug seems to indicate that the second is true but I can't be certain.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

The _Asset: you can use ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromGroupConfig See an example script here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets

Stonehouse - not had that persistence issue in testing. I'll try to repro it. There's no way to remotely exit missions at the moment. You'll have to ask him nicely if you can have the mission admin password if he's not around!

Ref IEDs, it's either one or the other. Ideally you should have it synced to the AI Commander so they can place IEDs properly but if you prefer to have a completely random scattering of IEDs, you can use it unsynced. I'll make that clearer in the wiki entry.