wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Really looking forward to the asymmetric mode! Been waiting 5 years for something that in-depth. One question though, I noticed a lot of mentioning of things such as powerplants and fuel depots being targets for the INS, how will that work on maps that don't have those? Will they be spawned by Alive?

Is there any way to change who the Independent faction is aligned to?

I'm using Leight's Opfor mod for a mission I'm trying to make. But the faction I need is aligned to Blufor. Is there a to set who Indie's are aligned to using Alive?

Just set them in the editor advanced intel settings as normal.

So I simply put @aliveserver on the server and all the clients need the normal @alive ? Is that correct?? I watched the tutorials and I can only say: You guys are sick ;)

Ok Great !!

One Question.

What means:

OPCOM Side: GUER

Warning! Max. duration exceeded !

Is this bad for my Mission ? What should i have to do, to solve this Problem ?

Edit: After a short time this Message dissapear. What is that ?

I have seen on Armaholic a WIP Report about a new awsome Map coming soon : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28374

Would be great if this Map get also supportet for ALIVE.

Max duration exceeded - try reducing the number of AI profiles I believe this means that OPCOM cannot process everything in the allotted time (I assume this message appears multiple times during the mission?)

As for WIP maps the ALiVE team will not index maps that are still being worked on as usually map updates will change the object IDs and require a re-index of the map. Indexing is a time-consuming process (I think Hazey said 3-4 hours depending on map?) so it's best to wait until the map is closer to completion.

Ehhm i dont if this a Bug or I doing something wrong.

But in Combat with CQB Units, suddenly the Enemy invisible. Befor i read a Debug Message that there is a CQB Error.

Realy frustrating....

Whatever that error was it would not make units invisible. If this is still happening to you I suggest testing with only @ALiVE and @CBA_A3 mods running, and if you can reproduce it again send me your RPT file and/or repro mission.

Really looking forward to the asymmetric mode! Been waiting 5 years for something that in-depth. One question though, I noticed a lot of mentioning of things such as powerplants and fuel depots being targets for the INS, how will that work on maps that don't have those? Will they be spawned by Alive?

Good question we'll have to wait for a dev to answer.

So I simply put @aliveserver on the server and all the clients need the normal @alive ? Is that correct?? I watched the tutorials and I can only say: You guys are sick ;)

The server needs @ALiVE as well. @aliveserver is only required on the server and only if you are using mission persistence. This also requires you to setup an account on the War Room.

http://www.alivemod.com/#ALiVEWarRoom

Edited by SavageCDN

Max duration exceeded - try reducing the number of AI profiles I believe this means that OPCOM cannot process everything in the allotted time (I assume this message appears multiple times during the mission?)

Yes sometimes showing up, and than it disapear. Should i have to change something at the Moduls or is this bad for my Mission ? Or can I ignore that ?

As for WIP maps the ALiVE team will not index maps that are still being worked on as usually map updates will change the object IDs and require a re-index of the map. Indexing is a time-consuming process (I think Hazey said 3-4 hours depending on map?) so it's best to wait until the map is closer to completion.

Yeah i mean when this Map is completed.

Whatever that error was it would not make units invisible. If this is still happening to you I suggest testing with only @ALiVE and @CBA_A3 mods running, and if you can reproduce it again send me your RPT file and/or repro mission.

Next time when the CQB Error message showing up in the debug, i will take a screenshot and post it here.

That the CQB unit get invinsible happend to me only one time, i dont know how often i didnt see it exactly.

Yes i running some Mods: TPW, Super Soldier Mod (only for test the mission), Speed of Sound, bCombat, Combat Space Enhancment, GetTactical Interface, and some other Unit-Mods and Addons.

Edited by Flex242

Ok thanks a bunch.. It's going to be a tough time to learn all of that, even though the tutorials explain other kinds of modules, even though they're basically the same. I just encountered the first Civillian problem and I can't solve it. the wiki is not helping me, but I'll try to figure it out.. Don't wanna spam in here with questions

The wiki is a bit outdated in spots... don't worry about spam post away!!

You can also post questions here:

http://alivemod.com/forum/

(note to self: check this forum more often :p )

Yes sometimes showing up, and than it disapear. Should i have to change something at the Moduls or is this bad for my Mission ? Or can I ignore that ?

Try lowering the number of AI groups spawned by the MP and CP modules (so if one is set to say Battalion 800 try lowering to Battalion 400)

ok.. just wanted to check function of each module .. I am next to Syrta, placed at marker that covers the town, put civ placement and civ population on the map, added the name of the marker in TAOR marker field.. when I test mission it says I need to add locations for the civ module. I pretty much did the same like in the tutorial

ok.. just wanted to check function of each module .. I am next to Syrta, placed at marker that covers the town, put civ placement and civ population on the map, added the name of the marker in TAOR marker field.. when I test mission it says I need to add locations for the civ module. I pretty much did the same like in the tutorial

Try increasing the size of the TAOR marker covering the town ie: make sure it covers the entire town and it's surroundings. Don't use ellipse-shaped markers.

Sweet, that was the problem.. Now it works.. But no AI civs are spawning in now :/ Jesus.. I will fall into the editor-limbus again because of you guys :)

The wiki is a bit outdated in spots... don't worry about spam post away!!

OH EM GEE, lies and slander! :P The wiki should be up to date but if I've missed anything just let me know and I'll fix - same detail if there's anything that's not very clear or simply missing. Tut vids were made ages ago and likely to be outdated but the concept is still the same even though some of the module names have changed. We'll probably redo them for 1.0 release (probably maybe). A good starting point is the Quick Start which is accurate and up to date, including Mazza's schematic, despite what some very self-assured (but completely wrong) redditors might say!

Fruity_Rudy - start simple. Just bung Requires ALiVE, Virtual AI, Civ Population and Civ Placement down. Don't worry about TAORs and don't sync them to anything (but make sure they're not grouped). Turn debug on if you want to see what's happening. That'll spawn civs everywhere.

Edited by friznit2

That's exactly what I did, but no civs spawn in.. I did not touch the faction box.. it's on CIV_F I guess.. I teleported around but nothing spawns in.. But I keep on trying.. just need a break from the editor for today :) .. I can fiddle around and find out myself, maybe others have probs and I've seen comments below videos on YT complaining about outdated stuff.. But It's the guys that always complain :/

Just checked - works fine (note I edited my reply above - forgot to mention the Virtual AI module but it will report and error in sideChat if you forget it anyway). Definitely civs spawning - you can see where if you turn debug on.

hm.. thats weird.. why dont they spawn for me? Did you edit any of the modules, like spawn range or anything else??? I picked those modules already and everything seems to start up.. but no civs in the zones.. no idea

OH EM GEE, lies and slander! :P The wiki should be up to date but if I've missed anything just let me know and I'll fix - same detail if there's anything that's not very clear or simply missing. Tut vids were made ages ago and likely to be outdated but the concept is still the same even though some of the module names have changed.

Ah you're right of course.. I meant more the YT videos. Need ARJay to warm up that sexay voice of his :p

hm.. thats weird.. why dont they spawn for me? Did you edit any of the modules, like spawn range or anything else??? I picked those modules already and everything seems to start up.. but no civs in the zones.. no idea

With civ debug on they should appear as little green squares on the map. What map are you testing with? If it's not Stratis or Altis I would try either of those first to make sure it does work.

Try lowering the number of AI groups spawned by the MP and CP modules (so if one is set to say Battalion 800 try lowering to Battalion 400)

@Savage: Mhhh.. both Moduls MilPlac and CivPlac are set at Company 200 ... 100 is a little bit to few, i guess ? These both Moduls are get set in the force weighting "motorised" (to get som MG-SUV driving arround).

My mission situation is one Military Commander as the Enemy (Middle east conflict MOD) is set to "control mode" occupation, no opposit Commander. Reinforcements : blocked. No MIL-Logistic Modul placed. The Player have a Infantry Group with support. The Map is Takistan (AiA)

Thanks for your help !!

Hmm... well 200 groups should be fine.. you only have one of each MP and CP modules? If you like please upload your RPT file to pastebin.com and link here (start A3 fresh and run the mission to generate those errors).

Still having issues with persistence on our Sahrani Campaign.

It connects to the ALiVE Database and any kills we get show up on the War Room working perfectly.

However when we used the ALiVE Save & Exit, followed by restarting the server and using the same mission, everything had reset, including kills on the scoreboard and player/vehicle/object location back to the mission default.

Here's the Server RPT, sorry I couldn't get it on pastebin, it's too large.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2YvcsQ9lxhsckoyNUpLT0Rid2c/view?usp=sharing

since 0.96 the alive tablet does not fit in players vest. vests are shown red always! only Backpacks working.

can anybody confirm that?

I have a very strange problem that came up yesterday. I was playing the 'Alive Insurgency Revived' mission with a friend and we quit out and restarted it so someone else could join. after we did that, every mission that uses ALIVE now refuses to load. the game didn't get updated, nor did any of my mods. nothing has changed but ALIVE is now just broken for me and for my friends for no reason. it's even broken on my the clients of my friends somehow. I tried verifying the game and reinstalling ALIVE but it still doesn't work. I don't understand how this is possible to be honest. during the same session where ALIVE worked it just suddenly stopped and now a day later it still doesn't work.

Are you running persistence? You may have inadvertently got some corrupt data in the database which is preventing it from loading again. We can clear this out if you let us know your group/server name.

Are you running persistence? You may have inadvertently got some corrupt data in the database which is preventing it from loading again. We can clear this out if you let us know your group/server name.

that's something that you have to manually set up right? I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Hi mate, here's the server name. Hopefully we can get it working for the start of our campaign tonight ;)

40 Commando | Operation KRATOS | www.40cdo.org

Is anyone else havign issues with tora bora? ALIVE ant find any locations